• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me, or is wearing Latics (or any) football gear on the touchline of a rugby league game just asking to take an "accidental" hit? :grin:

Take some hit to floor me mate, I'm built rather like your goodself! :grin:

I find that these days that many more people are into both footie and rugby anyway. Those that sneer at either I find are bitter and twisted, although Oldham has more than its fair share on both sides. Ironic that in a town that is steeped in sporting history, the locals would rather back-bite and bitch rather than back their teams en masse. Which depresses me...

Edited by oafcprozac

i meant to say league,my mate plays for saddleworth rangers always a bit tasty when the sides meet

Even at under 10s level mate! (Soon to be under 11s) my boy plays for them. I'm too old and knackered to play...although i'm trying to get more involved in the coaching side.

There are clearly some things wrong on the commercial side, and it strikes me the club needs a new dedicated commercial (retail) manager to look after the shop, match day sales (programmes, pies, pints etc) and the ticket office. i.e. every point of sale to the fans. That would allow existing staff to concentrate on other commercial matters, such as sponsorship and corporate sales.

Having said that, I can't help thinking some of the whinges on here are pointless. Alan will always respond to an email, and will always do something to help where he can - in the circumstances I would have beenhappy enough to have received the corrected invoice whatever colour envelope it came in. I may have raised a smile to myself at the way it had been done, knowing that Alan had probably done that himself and popped it in an envelope just to get it done quickly to resolve a fan's complaint - that's the way he is, no airs and graces but will always do what he can. Yes a compliment slip might have been appropriate, but I can't believe someone can seriously now be even more upset simply because it didn't turn up in an OAFC envelope - that is petty beyond belief.

The we have the usual moans about the ticket office. I have always found them to be nothing but pleasant and organised, and have never had any reason at all for any kind of complaint, either at the ticket office or by phone.

I remember having a conversation with someone about this kind of thing. We concluded that certain kinds of people seem to have no end of "customer service" issues in all kinds of scenarios, yet others seem able to happily avoid them. It seems to boil down to two opposite theories in how to deal with service industries. One seems to suggest that shouting at them gets what you want, the other works on a basis of mutual respect.

The invoice that came through my doorstep had been manually changed, therefore, I don't know whether it has been changed on the clubs system, I wasn't knocking Alan btw, I was merely pointing out at the rapid response.....30 minutes.....which I have thanked Alan for in a personal e-mail, there is the respect you mention. This whole thing about being upset is nonsense, my household is putting in well over £1000 this season, attention to detail means alot to me, if it was a cost cutting measure why wasn't it hand delivered, i only live 1.5 miles away from the ground, that would have saved 38p or however much postage is these days, I use the internet for correspondence now so I don't know.

Anyway I think the top and bottom of this thread has been highlighted by yourself when you saud that the club needs a dedicated commercial manager/ team.

Thanks.