Singe, sorry to hear you had problems with getting hold of a Chaddy toy. Im a bit miffed that they dont have stock. Where abouts do you live? If your from up this neck of the woods i will be more than happy to turn up for your son on his birthday and delivery him a present from myself as way of apology. Or if he is having a birthday party i will be more than willing to turn up at the party and do an appearance for free.

Let me know if any of that is any use to you. I hate to see "little un's" dissapointed.

Chaddy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singe, sorry to hear you had problems with getting hold of a Chaddy toy. Im a bit miffed that they dont have stock. Where abouts do you live? If your from up this neck of the woods i will be more than happy to turn up for your son on his birthday and delivery him a present from myself as way of apology. Or if he is having a birthday party i will be more than willing to turn up at the party and do an appearance for free.

Let me know if any of that is any use to you. I hate to see "little un's" dissapointed.

Chaddy.

Top man 'Chaddy'! :applause1:

Chaddy.

Thank you so much Chaddy, a truly generous offer.

Unfortunately, we live in Kent, so not possible for you.

Taking a chance, I'd be happy with a photo till the Chaddy's are in stock.

It can go on his window sill, He says night night world, night night friends to some picture night night family ((to some mor pictures) and so he can add night night Chaddy!!!!

Yours is the first step in the indoctrination to the curse of Oldham that will blight the rest of his life!!!!

Thanks again for a magificent gesture, it really is appreciated.

I visited the Club shop on Sat with a large amount of cash burning a whole in my pocket, to say I was shocked is an understatement. If the club are serious about making money they need to sort out the stock levels in the club shop.

With it being the first match of the season I expected the shop to be stocked to the roof with merchandise, was over for the last game of the season at home last year and not much has changed in terms of what they have in sale, apart from the new away shirt.

I ended up buying a programme at £3 and leaving.

I visited the Club shop on Sat with a large amount of cash burning a whole in my pocket, to say I was shocked is an understatement. If the club are serious about making money they need to sort out the stock levels in the club shop.

With it being the first match of the season I expected the shop to be stocked to the roof with merchandise, was over for the last game of the season at home last year and not much has changed in terms of what they have in sale, apart from the new away shirt.

Presumably you have, or or about to, let the club know directly of your disappontment and supplied them with a list of items you would have thought appropriate to stock.

Thank you so much Chaddy, a truly generous offer.

Unfortunately, we live in Kent, so not possible for you.

Taking a chance, I'd be happy with a photo till the Chaddy's are in stock.

It can go on his window sill, He says night night world, night night friends to some picture night night family ((to some mor pictures) and so he can add night night Chaddy!!!!

Yours is the first step in the indoctrination to the curse of Oldham that will blight the rest of his life!!!!

Thanks again for a magificent gesture, it really is appreciated.

Singe,

If you can PM me your lads name and your address i will sort out a personlised photo and birthday card as well as a little pressie from me as well, just something to make him smile on his birthday from me.

So are you tangerine dreams or underdog?

Of course, as I said, you should get the correct invoice, don't have a problem with frustration over that.

As I said,It's the compliment slip and club envelope I think is a step too far.

Have you considred anger management courses?

He is tangerine dreams..however, having two laptops plugged in at the same time can get confusing....hence I was logged in and he was scrolling through on here and responded accordingly - as me in error. Sorry to confuse

I have to say though, it was a disgrace, the sales invoice that arrived had the smallest white label over one digit of our house number that was wrong and then the address was manually re-written on again next to the address that was printed out.

Please also bear in mind £550.00 to sponsor a player plus a season ticket for one of us, plus me paying on the gate, plus one other child on the odd game is a revenue of £1000.00 for our household this season.

So yes, getting in "right first time" or a minimum, compliment slip with a "sorry" wrote on it is not to much to ask as "good service" means we are likely to re-invest. Even a phone call to ask if it had arrived or even to "save" money further - by asking if we would like to collect it from the ticket office on a match day However, a sheer lack of "can't be bothered" as it looks has us doubting wether we have invested wisely this season. Please also bear in mind that one of us is a recent convert from another area/footy division where customer service at this footy team is excellent.

He is tangerine dreams..however, having two laptops plugged in at the same time can get confusing....hence I was logged in and he was scrolling through on here and responded accordingly - as me in error. Sorry to confuse

I have to say though, it was a disgrace, the sales invoice that arrived had the smallest white label over one digit of our house number that was wrong and then the address was manually re-written on again next to the address that was printed out.

Please also bear in mind £550.00 to sponsor a player plus a season ticket for one of us, plus me paying on the gate, plus one other child on the odd game is a revenue of £1000.00 for our household this season.

So yes, getting in "right first time" or a minimum, compliment slip with a "sorry" wrote on it is not to much to ask as "good service" means we are likely to re-invest. Even a phone call to ask if it had arrived or even to "save" money further - by asking if we would like to collect it from the ticket office on a match day However, a sheer lack of "can't be bothered" as it looks has us doubting wether we have invested wisely this season. Please also bear in mind that one of us is a recent convert from another area/footy division where customer service at this footy team is excellent.

SSSSSSSHHHHHH :lol:

There are clearly some things wrong on the commercial side, and it strikes me the club needs a new dedicated commercial (retail) manager to look after the shop, match day sales (programmes, pies, pints etc) and the ticket office. i.e. every point of sale to the fans. That would allow existing staff to concentrate on other commercial matters, such as sponsorship and corporate sales.

Having said that, I can't help thinking some of the whinges on here are pointless. Alan will always respond to an email, and will always do something to help where he can - in the circumstances I would have beenhappy enough to have received the corrected invoice whatever colour envelope it came in. I may have raised a smile to myself at the way it had been done, knowing that Alan had probably done that himself and popped it in an envelope just to get it done quickly to resolve a fan's complaint - that's the way he is, no airs and graces but will always do what he can. Yes a compliment slip might have been appropriate, but I can't believe someone can seriously now be even more upset simply because it didn't turn up in an OAFC envelope - that is petty beyond belief.

The we have the usual moans about the ticket office. I have always found them to be nothing but pleasant and organised, and have never had any reason at all for any kind of complaint, either at the ticket office or by phone.

I remember having a conversation with someone about this kind of thing. We concluded that certain kinds of people seem to have no end of "customer service" issues in all kinds of scenarios, yet others seem able to happily avoid them. It seems to boil down to two opposite theories in how to deal with service industries. One seems to suggest that shouting at them gets what you want, the other works on a basis of mutual respect.

By the way, I'm not saying customer service issues don't exist, or indeed that the club is perfect and anyone who complains is wrong.

Sometimes, it's about expectation I guess. I suppose that, knowing full well the set up at OAFC is somewhat on the amateur side, I don't expect perfect professionalism!

I couldn'd agree more, Fergie. I've said for a long time that the merchandise on offer is below par and overpriced.

I've never bought anything more than the odd replica shirt, and a couple of Chaddy Owl toys for the kids. This is not though lack of cash or desire or any degree of apathy.

I've often visited the shop and had a browse on the off chance that there may be something worth picking up, but generally, it's overpriced tat. Cheap quality stuff that looks bloody awful. Replica kit included.

Now I'm not expecting a range of specially comissioned Ted Baker tees or anything daft like that, just some half decent designs, reasonably made and priced.

Why don't they get together with Oldham College or something? I'm sure there's a bunch of design students who'd leap at the chance to get one of their designs actually manufactured. Just a thought, like......

I couldn'd agree more, Fergie. I've said for a long time that the merchandise on offer is below par and overpriced.

I've never bought anything more than the odd replica shirt, and a couple of Chaddy Owl toys for the kids. This is not though lack of cash or desire or any degree of apathy.

I've often visited the shop and had a browse on the off chance that there may be something worth picking up, but generally, it's overpriced tat. Cheap quality stuff that looks bloody awful. Replica kit included.

Now I'm not expecting a range of specially comissioned Ted Baker tees or anything daft like that, just some half decent designs, reasonably made and priced.

Why don't they get together with Oldham College or something? I'm sure there's a bunch of design students who'd leap at the chance to get one of their designs actually manufactured. Just a thought, like......

Can I refer you to the posting from Gordon Lawton? Of course everybody has a right to an opinion but please take on board his comments. You say that you've "said for a long time the merchandise is below par and overpriced". What was the response from the club? Did you put forward your suggestions to Alan Hardy?

Hello everyone

Gordon here, you know the programme editor.

I have never answered any criticism before on any website..but thought I would on this occasion.

For information purposes, there are still 8 programmes left in the shop from Saturday and that was after selling some after the match..so the programmes did not sell out!

(what you really mean is the area nearest to you sold out)

Regarding no shiny cover (it's called lamination actually).I took a conscious decision not to have one for a number of reasons.

1. It costs 20p per programme to have it laminated.

2. The programme has to printed 24 hours earlier to have as you say a 'shiney cover'.

3. A lot of work goes into producing the programme..for your information it contains over 23,000 words and close on 100 photos. One person writes and compiles it (me)

and it is a nightmare to keep up to date. No one complains (like you say) on a wet and dark winters night when we are left with 100's of programmes and pies unsold and the club loses money. The programme is produced to make your club money and to try and keep you informed with stories and articles regarding the players. Information can now be recieved much quicker via the internet so I try not to repeat it.

Last season I asked for some feedback and I thank the 8 fans who replied, and I have taken their views onboard. Obviously you were not one of them and you think the programme is of poor quality, that is your view and you are entitled to it, but let me finish with a few facts.

1. The Oldham Athletic programme actually makes money unlike 42 other clubs who lose money.

2. Latics programme has won 7 awards over the last 5 seasons.

3. Everyone continually tries their best to provide the fans with entertainment, food, programmes etc and we try to be a caring family club and the staff are now beginning to get fed up with the continued criticism. We work long hours, sometimes 50-60 a week for little pay or thanks. We do this because it is our club, we want to 'cause we love Latics.

It is a great pity you do not feel the same way. It is time for the knocking to stop and the support for the club to begin.

Edited by LaticsPete

Well Bloody said there Gordon. I know the hard work and effort that Gordon and others puts in at the club and i get pretty annoyed when people have a go about them. I love reading the programme and think its one of the best in the league, but then again i might be biased as i contribute to it (after Gordon has taken out all my rants every other week) :wink:

Just imagine someone having a go at the way you do your job when youve put lots of hard work into it, tell me you wouldnt be annoyed.

Can I refer you to the posting from Gordon Lawton? Of course everybody has a right to an opinion but please take on board his comments. You say that you've "said for a long time the merchandise is below par and overpriced". What was the response from the club? Did you put forward your suggestions to Alan Hardy?

Hello everyone

I have never answered any criticism before on any website..but thought I would on this occasion.

For information purposes, there are still 8 programmes left in the shop from Saturday and that was after selling some after the match..so the programmes did not sell out!

Regarding no shiny cover (it's called lamination actually).I took a conscious decision not to have one for a number of reasons.

2. The programme has to printed 24 hours earlier to have as you say a 'shiney cover'.

3. A lot of work goes into producing the programme..for your information it contains over 23,000 words and close on 100 photos. One person writes and compiles it (me)

and it is a nightmare to keep up to date. No one complains (like you say) on a wet and dark winters night when we are left with 100's of programmes and pies unsold and the club loses money. The programme is produced to make your club money and to try and keep you informed with stories and articles regarding the players. Information can now be recieved much quicker via the internet so I try not to repeat it.

Last season I asked for some feedback and I thank the 8 fans who replied, and I have taken their views onboard. Obviously you were not one of them and you think the programme is of poor quality, that is your view and you are entitled to it, but let me finish with a few facts.

1. The Oldham Athletic programme actually makes money unlike 42 other clubs who lose money.

3. Everyone continually tries their best to provide the fans with entertainment, food, programmes etc and we try to be a caring family club and the staff are now beginning to get fed up with the continued criticism. We work long hours, sometimes 50-60 a week for little pay or thanks. We do this because it is our club, we want to 'cause we love Latics.

It is a great pity you do not feel the same way. It is time for the knocking to stop and the support for the club to begin.

Cheers Gordon for taking the time out to reply to everyone. I don't think anyone is questioning how hard you and the rest of the commerical department work, in my experience the programme is one of the best around, even including various england programmed that i have bought and is great value for money. my main worry is the customer service of the club. the programmes and pies etc. selling out is a very minor thing but it affects peoples match day experience and especially away fans, the merchandise in the club shop i found ok, nothing special but if it has the crest on its good for me and i will be going down in a few weeks the purchase a few things for decorate my house at uni.

one problem i have with your reply though if you don't mind me sayin is that the staff are getting fed up with the continued criticism. now i understand that criticism is annoyin but i would hope you and the club make the negatives into positives and think try to sort out all the criticisms to try and make the the fans happy.

Hello everyone

Whilst we're referring, I'll refer you to Prozac's response on the other main stand food thread:

"I'll support the club no matter what, I'll buy the merchandise, the food, the programmes. But I have my bug-bears because I love the club so much and it infuriates me when we are clearly not maximising our potential, especially when we nearly went bust six years ago, I didn't stand in the rain with a bucket to see the club become indifferent to maximising its revenue. The new ground is vital but if the club retains its' complacent attitude to marketing then we might as well remain where we are.

We all want what is best for the club, I just think we could be doing so much better on so many levels and i'm not the only one, speak to other Latics fans and many of them will have similar concerns. There's not many of us left, the club needs to careful not to alienate a percentage of the hardcore even further.

KTF"

I couldn't have put it any better myself. There is so much more that can be done to maximise the potential of our beloved club, but it rarely seems to be done - and it is supremely frustrating. I'm sure all Latics staff work bloody hard for minimal return, and I take my hat off to them. I just think the club sometimes should try to work smart instead.

Edited by Snookmeister

Same here Fergie. I was over for 2 weeks in June/July. I managed to get to the shop once ready to spend some serious money on some Latics gear for me and a lad at work in the US who wanted something with OAFC on. What was on offer was shocking all I ended up leaving with was a 'crappy' t-shirt in a size too big for my mate. And nothing for me. Embarrassing.

I'll be home over Christmas as per normal, I'll pop in to the ship and try to pick up something for an American friend of mine who I've roped in to supporting Latics (I support Chicago Bears in return) and to be honest I'm running out of stuff to buy, his last present was the coffee mug and club oven gloves for his missus!!

Well Bloody said there Gordon. I know the hard work and effort that Gordon and others puts in at the club and i get pretty annoyed when people have a go about them. I love reading the programme and think its one of the best in the league, but then again i might be biased as i contribute to it (after Gordon has taken out all my rants every other week) :wink:

Just imagine someone having a go at the way you do your job when youve put lots of hard work into it, tell me you wouldnt be annoyed.

Wazza, if people are paying for it, I think they have a right to criticise it.

The issue about criticising is how it is done. Make the point directly and discreetly to the people responsible. Put forward positive ideas for improvement.

Only if the response is unsatisfactory or non-existent start banging off in public knowing that it is likely to damage the reputation of the club....

i have to agree about alot of things said on here about the stock in the shop,the new training gear that the players wear when warming up is really good looking gear,have been asking in the club shop since i spotted it at hyde,when will it be in stock,answer err don't know,christ sake this gear should be in the clubshop now,by the time it's in the seasons nearly over.,last season was the same it was nearly november before the away kit was in stock,and don't get me started on the polish or whatever part of the world she comes from moody arse shop assistant in the shop :ranting:

i have to agree about alot of things said on here about the stock in the shop,the new training gear that the players wear when warming up is really good looking gear,have been asking in the club shop since i spotted it at hyde,when will it be in stock,answer err don't know,christ sake this gear should be in the clubshop now,by the time it's in the seasons nearly over.,last season was the same it was nearly november before the away kit was in stock,and don't get me started on the polish or whatever part of the world she comes from moody arse shop assistant in the shop :ranting:

According to my brother who works on the community coaching side, the training gear will not be available in the shop. He turned up at a family barbecue yesterday in his official club gear so obviously I mentioned it. Player/coach issue only i'm afraid.

According to my brother who works on the community coaching side, the training gear will not be available in the shop. He turned up at a family barbecue yesterday in his official club gear so obviously I mentioned it. Player/coach issue only i'm afraid.
well that says all about the commercial side of the club for me.....