Neal Eardley update - Interesting & Fee confirmation ?

Guest FyldeBlue

just to move off on a bit of a tangent, why have we been denied being told what the fee was?

Are the tta"s telling us its none of our business? Or are they paying off some kind of gambling debt to a Blackpool mafioso?

(to some of the people who visit this site who struggle with wit/humour, this last statement is a joke).

I know these kind of transfers often occur but, have the club got the rights to keeping this kind of information a secret when the fans do have an investment with the club?

Comments anyone.

P.S. I remember an article I read once in"Ateam from a town of chimneys" that a player once bought/sold for an undisclosed fee, and it was later revealed to be a swap for the player and a bag of footballs/netting.

just to move off on a bit of a tangent, why have we been denied being told what the fee was?

Are the tta"s telling us its none of our business? Or are they paying off some kind of gambling debt to a Blackpool mafioso?

(to some of the people who visit this site who struggle with wit/humour, this last statement is a joke).

I know these kind of transfers often occur but, have the club got the rights to keeping this kind of information a secret when the fans do have an investment with the club?

Comments anyone.

P.S. I remember an article I read once in"Ateam from a town of chimneys" that a player once bought/sold for an undisclosed fee, and it was later revealed to be a swap for the player and a bag of footballs/netting.

It is us, Blackpools or Wrexham's perogative to keep it undisclosed.

For a number of reasons. the mafioso the most likely!

It is very common for the fee to be undisclosed, so to not reveal being flush with cash negotiating with other clubs.

In august it is almost 25% of the 98 transfers so far.

Loads of undisclosed, and this is just the 1st 10 days of Aug

Edited by singe

Not sure about this business acumen jibe, one thing the owners are a very business aware. I'm not sure how much we got Eardley for, peanuts but we've just sold him for £350k, perhaps we could have got more if he had a longer contract and the club interested wasn't 'megabucks' Blackpool. They've only got 2 stands!

We've sold Trotman for £500k. Spencer, Philliskirk as well for good amounts, in terms of Spencer a fantastic piece of business! I don't think Shez bought players for their sell-on values, he liked to go down the tried and trusted pro's route who we wouldn't get anything for. We certainly didn't sell any of the players he brought in for anything.

Penney has brought in Furman who I'm sure will go for a lot more than what we bought him for when he does eventually go.

£350k for a player the majority seem to hate... Would of thought most people would of been happy...

Going to miss him I think... He is worth more in my eyes but I would not be surprised if Neil wanted out due to are lovely fans.

Edited by oafc0000

Going to miss him I think... He is worth more in my eyes but I would not be surprised if Neil wanted out due to are lovely fans

He was and is GASH.

His distribution is awful,i couldn't help but p1ss my sides when i read about him being a good passer of the ball.

Anything over 200k and they got absolutely robbed blind.

2 posts that sum up about as succinctly as i've ever seen some sections of our fans.

Oafc0000 echoes my feelings exactly and then with comedy timing; along comes one of ou 'lovely fans' with the very next post......you can't write it better sometimes.

Oh yeah, while i'm at it, Good luck Neal in the Championship; i have absolutely no qualms that you'll take to it like a duck to water......he'll be playing Premiership within 3 seasons mark my words.

Undoubtedly the most soul-destroying bit of transfer business so far, and I was disgusted at the signing of Keigan Parker so it must be pretty bad.

In my deepest, darkest nightmares - the sort where you wake up thinking that we've resigned Gregan or loaned out a promising young keeper for a naff one - I didn't think it could come to this. Eardley was the best talent we had at the club. A more complete player than Taylor, a full international and an ex-captain with appearances to burn in the bag.

How did we go from "Captain Eardley" who loved it, to this :censored:ty business in about two years? Any fan who seriously thinks he was gash is an idiot, and anyone not devastated by the low fees we're talking about is a moron - there can be no two ways about this.

If we did get £600k then I could just about take it, but if we got over £300k then I'll be astonished. This is my lowest ebb as an Oldham fan. And I watched us lose 4-0 away at Tranmere with Eardley & Taylor sent off.

Don't want to ruin your post De_La_Vega but when we lost at Tranmere and Chrissy T and Eardo were sent off we didn't lose 4-0, i'm pretty sure the game they were sent off was Shezza's 1st game in proper charge and the 4-0 was under Ronnie! :wink:

Edited by oafcforever

Going to miss him I think... He is worth more in my eyes but I would not be surprised if Neil wanted out due to are lovely fans

2 posts that sum up about as succinctly as i've ever seen some sections of our fans.

Oafc0000 echoes my feelings exactly and then with comedy timing; along comes one of ou 'lovely fans' with the very next post......you can't write it better sometimes.

Oh yeah, while i'm at it, Good luck Neal in the Championship; i have absolutely no qualms that you'll take to it like a duck to water......he'll be playing Premiership within 3 seasons mark my words.

And your post my friend sums up perfecly that the 'stevie wonder' appreciation society is alive and well at BP.

I'm not replying to any more of your posts because to be blunt if you rate eardly-he cant pass,and he cant tackle.

And that my son is a nailed on FACTAMUNDO

And your post my friend sums up perfecly that the 'stevie wonder' appreciation society is alive and well at BP.

I'm not replying to any more of your posts because to be blunt if you rate eardly-he cant pass,and he cant tackle.

And that my son is a nailed on FACTAMUNDO

Tonta.