Modicum of defence of 'Roobs'

watched 'that' goal a couple more times and he was fouled as he played the ball, he got to his feet and is pulled nad jostled at least twice before plying his suicidal back-pass, one of at least half a dozen nailed on fouls the officials missed yesterday.

But 'Roobs' yer still a complete cock!

can somebody put the link up for the goals?

why can i never find it on the bbc website?

cheers

It's not up yet still the Millwall game but should be on this link from tomorrow I think,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/default.stm

until then its on the iplayer or via the red button on bbc till midnight.

Edited by marshy

was a poor ref yesterday, but when do we not get poor refs? we have had much much worse, he was average in comparison to some of the **** we get. its pretty much expected not to get a decision

that lineo needed shooting, was as if he had a bet with a mate for a laugh that he was going to give the opposite for every decision. Three blatant offsides in the first half not given and when Reuben kicked it out for a corner and he gave a goal kick.... just comical, then yet more dodgy decisions in the second half....... where do they find these idiots?

To be fair to the lad as was previously said, mistake aside it was far from his worst display in a blue shirt. However, not only is he dropping clangers, but clangers that are costing the team points, and he is arguably in that team at the mo on the basis that we only have two central defenders.

Although Penney may not want to rush to sign a defender, I think there are only so many more gaffes he can make before you reach the straw that breaks the camels back (a point that has already been reached in the opinion of many posters on here, and in my opinion he is awfully close to this point) and bring in another centre half as a matter of urgency.

I didnt go on saturday due to work, had text updates from a mate who wasn't pleased with Rueben at all. After seeing the highlights...well...I'm quite stunned at it.

There were three things I thought of straight away. Why didn't Roobs -

1 - Sheild the ball and wait/hope for a teammate getting into a passing position, make the pass. Passing back IMO should only be done when no other opposition player is close OR if you can get your foot through it fully so it reaches its destination.

2 - Where were the other players coming in to help him? There were 3 of their players jostling him and not one of ours were near them (ball watching?) one of the midefielders could have gone helped or put a foot in, worst that could have happened, we concede a free kick BUT get time to get men back, an maybe make a better wall than the goal we conceded.

3 - Professional foul. Sounds cheap, but stick his leg out, tug the shirt. Concede the free kick (above free kick rules). Roobs not the last man so a yellow card at most.

FAILING them...row z it.

Edited by bensonio

Under pressure so why didnt he put it out to touch towards the Lookers side?

Annoying Saturday, the game should have been over at Half time. Parkers miss from 3 yards out was shocking. The manner of the goals conceeded just made it feel like a defeat.

Bit of a delayed reply, but i've been having that bloody Authorization Mismatch message all week!!

Edited by Butter

FAILING them...row z it.

You took your time but you got there in the end.

Once he got back on his feet - with the ball somehow still at his feet - and felt the presence of Swindon attackers he should have put the ball in the car park - no ifs buts or other options to consider.