Dont Talk S!T

I sometimes get quite embarrassed being a latics fan and reading all these negative comments. I mean everyone deserves an opinion that's what footballs all about but ffs some of the crap that's wrote on here is borderline bullying. Every post you read, there's at least 10 people a post with some bad ass comments which most of the time ain't deserved .Jees we,ve only played three games we got a basically brand new team who ve been together competitively for about three week. Look were not United or City we dint have 100 mill every to spend every transfer window were an average 3rd division team with piss poor attendances the longest serving team in the division with a 50-60 yr old stadium we live in a :censored:ty town we cant attract players never have been able to and probably never will until Abramovich's mates sisters dogs babysitters uncle comes and buys us, i think were lucky to have tta they but they just seem to be pissing in the wind

Edited by rodger er

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes get quite embarrassed being a latics fan and reading all these negative comments. I mean everyone deserves an opinion that's what footballs all about but ffs some of the crap that's wrote on here is borderline bullying. Every post you read, there's at least 10 people a post with some bad ass comments which most of the time ain't deserved .Jees we,ve only played three games we got a basically brand new team who ve been together competitively for about three week. Look were not United or City we dint have 100 mill every to spend every transfer window were an average 3rd division team with piss poor attendances the longest serving team in the division with a 50-60 yr old stadium we live in a :censored:ty town we cant attract players never have been able to and probably never will until Abramovich's mates sisters dogs babysitters uncle comes and buys us, i think were lucky to have tta they but they just seem to be pissing in the wind

Agree 100%!

Too true - what we need is people who will accept this and keep coming anyway and keep forcing their mates to come to, it may give the tta renewed hope and its the only we will increase the investment in the club.

Pissing in the wind waiting for a sugar daddy that isn't realistically going to turn up isn't helping anybody and is just creating a negative feel around the whole club. Again in the internet era these boards and similar can do a lot of harm

There is criticism and then there is criticism.

Beckfordsrightfoot obviously posting **** because he is an idiot or just likes to wind people up.

Criticism of how poor we were in the second half, defensive mistakes you wouldn't see a pub team make and the performances of Parker and Brill on Saturday are all warranted imo.

Edited by cmr

There is criticism and then there is criticism.

Beckfordsrightfoot obviously posting **** because he is an idiot or just likes to wind people up.

Criticism of how poor we were in the second half, defensive mistakes you wouldn't see a pub team make and the performances of Parker and Brill on Saturday are all warranted imo.

They are, but can tell the knives are out for Parker and Brill after just one bad game. That's unfair....

They are, but can tell the knives are out for Parker and Brill after just one bad game. That's unfair....

I have been defending Brill, thought he made some good saves at Millwall and didnt really have a great deal to do before that. But his performance on saturday was very poor, flapping at crosses and throw ins.... hope he can sort himself out.

Seen Parker in 3 games so far this season and hate to say it but the Huddersfield fans are right. He just doesn't look interested at all, haven't seen any of his supposed pace, he has done absolutely nothing to warrant another start and i hope DP drops him until he starts putting in some effort, it must be insulting to Abbott and other players who are putting a shift in only to watch Parker stroll around the pitch doing bugger all.

Too true - what we need is people who will accept this and keep coming anyway and keep forcing their mates to come to, it may give the tta renewed hope and its the only we will increase the investment in the club.

Pissing in the wind waiting for a sugar daddy that isn't realistically going to turn up isn't helping anybody and is just creating a negative feel around the whole club. Again in the internet era these boards and similar can do a lot of harm

It's no different at any club. All that will bring people through the turnstiles in greater numbers is, as we have seen in the past, better football and a hint of success. Sustain that success and many new or 'reactivated' fans will stay.

Let me see here. So if Dean Brill is s**t we can't say so but it's ok to say Oldham the town is s**t. That it's always been s**t and probably always will be s**t?. Have I got that right? Oh and cos it's a s**t town we can't expect any decent players to come and to get our heads round being in Division 3 forever cos that's all we deserve for following a s**t club from a s**t town full of s**t people.

I have been defending Brill, thought he made some good saves at Millwall and didnt really have a great deal to do before that. But his performance on saturday was very poor, flapping at crosses and throw ins.... hope he can sort himself out.

Seen Parker in 3 games so far this season and hate to say it but the Huddersfield fans are right. He just doesn't look interested at all, haven't seen any of his supposed pace, he has done absolutely nothing to warrant another start and i hope DP drops him until he starts putting in some effort, it must be insulting to Abbott and other players who are putting a shift in only to watch Parker stroll around the pitch doing bugger all.

Have only seen Stockport and Orient so far, but thought the team as a whole put a shift in in both of those games and couldn't really pick any passengers. Thought Parker might have been a bit short of match fitness which is why he was taken off against Stockport.

Was concerned about Brill after pre-season but he looked pretty solid in the two games I've seen and, like you it seems, am willing to reserve judgement for a bit....which I hope others will too!

Let me see here. So if Dean Brill is s**t we can't say so but it's ok to say Oldham the town is s**t. That it's always been s**t and probably always will be s**t?. Have I got that right? Oh and cos it's a s**t town we can't expect any decent players to come and to get our heads round being in Division 3 forever cos that's all we deserve for following a s**t club from a s**t town full of s**t people.

Yep.

We're sh*t and we know we are. :wink:

Further, I think most of the FANS that have expressed concerns have merely pointed out that the Goalkeeper needs replacing and a decent CB be brought into the club. Seems most are saying there's not a lot wrong. However both these positions are critical for reducing the goals against. Oddly goals against lose or draw matches otherwise would be won. Win more matches and the s**t team from the s**t town might climb up the league ladder again.

Edited by Lags

Further, I think most of the FANS that have expressed concerns have merely pointed out that the Goalkeeper needs replacing and a decent CB be brought into the club. Seens most are saying ther's not alot wrong. However both these positions are critical and reducing the goals against. Oddly goals against lose or draw matched otherwise would be won. Win more matches and the s**t team from the s**t town might climb up the league ladder again.

The smalltime mentality that many Latics fans revel in will take some breaking down now. It's back with a vengeance, and helps explain why so many love the idea of the little stadium in Failsworth-they can all breath a sigh of relief and sit back and be just like Bury and Rochdale and drop all these big ideas that those of us who were spoiled by the 1974-97 period still harbour.

The smalltime mentality that many Latics fans revel in will take some breaking down now. It's back with a vengeance, and helps explain why so many love the idea of the little stadium in Failsworth-they can all breath a sigh of relief and sit back and be just like Bury and Rochdale and drop all these big ideas that those of us who were spoiled by the 1974-97 period still harbour.

I do wonder if some of the 'hardcore' are happy for us to stay in the lower divisions because they enjoy the status of being lower-league fans, 'real football supporters'.

:ranting:

I do wonder if some of the 'hardcore' are happy for us to stay in the lower divisions because they enjoy the status of being lower-league fans, 'real football supporters'.

No doubt. It compensates for the lack of hope and gives rise to an inverted snobbery towards the 'glory seekers' who support more successful clubs-as if successful clubs don't have a hell of a lot more hardcore supporters than mediocre ones, and as if all clubs don't attract new fans if they have some success.

Plus, it's relaxing to approach every game without any sense of expectation. Personally, I'd rather save a lot of money and take up something non-competitive like growing my own yoghurt. Or summat.

The trouble is Stitch, our stay in this division it's now having a detremental effect on the hardcore. 5/4 season ago we were all stating about the 5000 hadrcore. It's not near that now. Somewhere along the lines we've lost 20% of what we came to expect and rely on. In the real dark days of not so long ago 6000-6,500 was common place.

Now I don't buy it's the reccession or it's Xmas or it's holiday time that's causing these alarming attendances. I am in the camp it's the stagnation of the club, the trapped in this division 3 mire. We need some forward momentum and I am pretty sure we can get back to 6000+ crowds quite easilly. It needs that push and then to push on again to increase numbers further.

Not the Dean Brill factor! or we're dying factor or we need a smaller stadium factor. sorry didn't mean to ambush.

Edited by Lags

The trouble is Stitch, our stay in this division it's now having a detremental effect on the hardcore. 5/4 season ago we were all stating about the 5000 hadrcore. It's not near that now. Somewhere along the lines we've lost 20% of what we came to expect and rely on. In the real dark days of not so long ago 6000-6,500 was common place.

Now I don't buy it's the reccession or it's Xmas or it's holiday time that's causing these alarming attendances. I am in the camp it's the stagnation of the club, the trapped in this division 3 mire. We need some forward momentum and I am pretty sure we can get back to 6000+ crowds quite easilly. It needs that push and then to push on again to increase numbers further.

Not the Dean Brill factor! or we're dying factor or we need a smaller stadium factor. sorry didn't mean to ambush.

It's heartening to see that people can see the reality of the situation. Those responsible for the modest rise in attendances when TTA first came in, talking about Championship football and (proper) new stadiums, building on the modest rise that took place under Chris Moore, have disappeared along with any sense of real ambition coming out of the club. I'm convinced that the surrender of our golden chance of promotion after February 2007 was as much of a sickener for many others as it was for me. It was at that point that I began to sense that we were down in the doldrums for good.

I think most of us have proved that we are 'real football supporters' already and I want nothing more than Latics to get promoted, etc. I just have issue with the people that moan constantly without any realisation that we are doing as best as we can under the circumstances, which is why I tend to agree with roger_er's point.

Edited by JoeP

I think most of us have proved that we are 'real football supporters' already and I want nothing more than Latics to get promoted, etc. I just have issue with the people that moan constantly without any realisation that we are doing as best as we can under the circumstances, which is why I tend to agree with roger_er's point.

What that we're :censored: and division 3 at best?