dale stephens

on loan at the dale (not played yet keeping the bench warm), could have been playing for our reserves at preston tonight --does not make sense.

I'm sure this won't have escaped Penney's notice, he went there to get some game time and experince and isn't getting any, as you said he might as well play in our reserves.

I would think if this situation persists he will be recalled as soon as we can.

on loan at the dale (not played yet keeping the bench warm), could have been playing for our reserves at preston tonight --does not make sense.

It's better for him to be playing first team competitive football at Rochdale than playing in our reserves with little chance of knocking on the door of a first team call up. But if he's not getting played, then ....

Edited by opinions4u

It's better for him to be playing first team competitive football at Rochdale than playing in our reserves with little chance of knocking on the door of a first team call up. But if he's not getting played, then ....

Although presumably thy will be paying some of his wages, I think DP said this move (and COG) enabled us to bring blackman in.

I agree with Macl though better in Dales first than our Reserves.

Assuming he would make our Reserves :grin:

Said when the move came about that he should of been loaned to accrington or somewhere instead. There was never a chance he'd start ahead of Jones or Kennedy.

You'd of thought that Penney would have realised that given he's worked with Kennedy and knows how good he is and the fact that Jones is a cult figure at 'dale.

Said when the move came about that he should of been loaned to accrington or somewhere instead. There was never a chance he'd start ahead of Jones or Kennedy.

You'd of thought that Penney would have realised that given he's worked with Kennedy and knows how good he is and the fact that Jones is a cult figure at 'dale.

What with Dale flying high in 18th there is no way they will change things round.

"Can we loan Dale Stephens, looked a prospect at Bury"

"Yeah no worries, he'll get a game won't he?"

"Christ no, Jonesy is a cult figure so I can't drop him and Kennedy is great division 4 player."

"Oh bollocks to it, go on then"

if he goes out on loan anywhere, there is no guarantee he will go straight into there 11

its pot luck in a sence, they are either there because of injury problems or as cover

you cant say to a club, 'you either play him every week', or 'you are not having him' - it doesnt work like that

What with Dale flying high in 18th there is no way they will change things round.

"Can we loan Dale Stephens, looked a prospect at Bury"

"Yeah no worries, he'll get a game won't he?"

"Christ no, Jonesy is a cult figure so I can't drop him and Kennedy is great division 4 player."

"Oh bollocks to it, go on then"

After a whopping 4 games.

I somehow doubt the conversation went like that - but anyone who knows 'dale would of known that he wouldnt of started ahead of them too. Especially when he's not even been match fit for god knows how long.

Bit like some people who were saying in the summer on here that Wolfy and Lewis should be sent there on loan to get first team games. Haha!

Edited by Rocky_Latic