Just back

At what point and to where did you manage to escape from that Soho basement?

On a principle of elimination, I think I know who you are... Not that sure really. I know there was half a kebab in my fridge the next morning, indicating that I got the Northern Line to Clapham South, but it's all a bit vague before and after that. You weren't kidding about the band being crap were you?

Why thank you. It was a day that called on one to make one's own entertainment I felt.

Amongst other things I learnt on Saturday, I now know that Oldham Sheridan not only thought (incorrectly) that I was diddling MarkOasis' not unnattractive then flatmate who came to Colchester with us last year, but that regardless of this she has clearly been the object of a number of sacrificial wanks from him in her honour. It certainly was another epic display of top quality boozing from him :applause1:

No problem (in case you didn't realise I was stood next to you for the entire second half). OS's drinking display wasn't that great (he did not get round the pubs before the match- despite being on the same train as two people who did). Having said that he had access to rail beers- something I was definately disappointed as my route didn't have a bar/shop that sold beer on it (with the exception of King's Cross but that was not a convienient stop considering how rammed the underground was there).

I would agree with JSS that your heckling did get tamer as the second half went on. But the comments about his dress code took me back to my student rugby playing days.

OS's drinking display wasn't that great (he did not get round the pubs before the match- despite being on the same train as two people who did). Having said that he had access to rail beers- something I was definately disappointed as my route didn't have a bar/shop that sold beer on it (with the exception of King's Cross but that was not a convienient stop considering how rammed the underground was there).

The best laid plans of mousies and mens and all that.

I had planned on the Friday to nip across to Weston-Super-Mare to watch them play Weymouth, but some eejut chucked himself off the bridge causing all ends of traffic problems in the area*. So we sacked it off (well in advance) and went straight to my brothers. Thus a nine-ten hour drinking session replaced a couple of late night tipples.

This meant that I was a bit worse for wear on the morning, and that the early morning chassis straightener, pint on the way to Watford train station, rail beers and three of the four pubs were more than enough to top up the alcohol levels.

Although I later got the last pub and then stopped off at Clapham Junction for one, before getting the wine in from Sainsbo's; I feel I let the side down on this one. I'll try not to make such school-boy errors next time.

*Well he waited six hours so Police had to close it for that time before doing so.

The best laid plans of mousies and mens and all that.

I had planned on the Friday to nip across to Weston-Super-Mare to watch them play Weymouth, but some eejut chucked himself off the bridge causing all ends of traffic problems in the area*. So we sacked it off (well in advance) and went straight to my brothers. Thus a nine-ten hour drinking session replaced a couple of late night tipples.

This meant that I was a bit worse for wear on the morning, and that the early morning chassis straightener, pint on the way to Watford train station, rail beers and three of the four pubs were more than enough to top up the alcohol levels.

Although I later got the last pub and then stopped off at Clapham Junction for one, before getting the wine in from Sainsbo's; I feel I let the side down on this one. I'll try not to make such school-boy errors next time.

*Well he waited six hours so Police had to close it for that time before doing so.

Did you even see the goal mate as I know you told me you were leaving at half-time but I wonder if you followed through?

Did you even see the goal mate as I know you told me you were leaving at half-time but I wonder if you followed through?

It was a bit of a quandry at the time. My brother went after about twenty minutes for some reason (well he was bored and wanted to watch the rugby anyway), but I figured my mate would hang around. Sadly it was so grim that even he went. At this point I was thinking (a) It was :censored:, and (B) I'd never get home on my own. So I figured I best tag along rather than get into any OldhamSheridan-like bother. I'd have stuck around if I wasn't mortalled, but what can you do.

Off reports it must have improved in the second half, but I don't think I'd have really noticed to be fair (as I don't really remember the last of the four, I'm just told I was there). Or the pub in Clapham. Or much when I got home. Always the sign of a good weekend though.

It was a bit of a quandry at the time. My brother went after about twenty minutes for some reason (well he was bored and wanted to watch the rugby anyway), but I figured my mate would hang around. Sadly it was so grim that even he went. At this point I was thinking (a) It was :censored:, and (B) I'd never get home on my own. So I figured I best tag along rather than get into any OldhamSheridan-like bother. I'd have stuck around if I wasn't mortalled, but what can you do.

Off reports it must have improved in the second half, but I don't think I'd have really noticed to be fair (as I don't really remember the last of the four, I'm just told I was there). Or the pub in Clapham. Or much when I got home. Always the sign of a good weekend though.

Second half was a bit better- still a lot of hoofball going on. I'm not sure you'd have got anywhere near where you needed to be though as you were absolutely hammered when I saw you- made the Newcastle game look like a quiet pint. I'm just impressed you managed to get in despite being so drunk you were asleep before kick-off. :grin:

Second half was a bit better- still a lot of hoofball going on. I'm not sure you'd have got anywhere near where you needed to be though as you were absolutely hammered when I saw you- made the Newcastle game look like a quiet pint. I'm just impressed you managed to get in despite being so drunk you were asleep before kick-off. :grin:

Second half was better, although I think in truth the fact that it was attacking our end made it better. Didn't realise it was you Dr Medic, you should have said. I was at least a gallon down by kick off and not likely to pick up on any subtelties...