Hazell Out

A hopeful ball long by Coles was allowed to bounce by Hazell, Williams stealing in to lay it off to Kuffour on the edge of the area and the striker made no mistake in launching the ball into the top right hand corner, past a stranded Dean Brill
Edited by boboafc

I'll judge for myself Bob. Most people know very little about football due to never playing at a decent level, it's easy to find a scapegoat and follow the crowd, maybe we would have got more for eardley if people had formed their own opinion instead of following the crowd and like today, jumping to conclusions based on little or no evidence.

Blaming someone for something you haven't even seen is ridiculous. Your opinion is based on what 2 commentators say, who let's face it, don't have a ********* clue. At least wait till you've seen the goal!

And shortly after Latics latest defeat to Bristol Rovers, B and Q Oldham report an alarming surge in the sales of pitchforks and garden hoes....

couldnt give a damn if he was a 'rock' - you're not a rock or doing your job properly as a defender if you concede a goal or if you constantly screw up and gift teams goals.

I was wary of him when he first signed but granted his 1st 6 months were great, since then he has shown himself to be the lg 2 defender that he is.

christ, just kick it out for a throw in or whack it hard over your head, just DONT LET IT BOUNCE!! (Giving tips to a 'professional' footballer). Its not just his weekly gaffs that are bad, his positioning, back passes and petulant free kick give aways are also a part of this poor players' game.

Gregan may do a stray pass in a game or make a mistake but he immidiately atones for it and that is it during a game, he is solid.

Hazell = league 2 along with brill and whitaker

couldnt give a damn if he was a 'rock' - you're not a rock or doing your job properly as a defender if you concede a goal or if you constantly screw up and gift teams goals.

I was wary of him when he first signed but granted his 1st 6 months were great, since then he has shown himself to be the lg 2 defender that he is.

christ, just kick it out for a throw in or whack it hard over your head, just DONT LET IT BOUNCE!! (Giving tips to a 'professional' footballer). Its not just his weekly gaffs that are bad, his positioning, back passes and petulant free kick give aways are also a part of this poor players' game.

Gregan may do a stray pass in a game or make a mistake but he immidiately atones for it and that is it during a game, he is solid.

Hazell = league 2 along with brill and whitaker

lets sell him back to shez at chesterfield from whence he came

I heard the commentary from today's game - I haven't seen it.

What I did see today was 22 kids, 11 years of age, playing their first game for their new schools.

One coach repeatedly shouted "THAT BALL DOESN'T BOUCE" at goal kicks, keeper clearances and other long balls. When I first heard it I was a bit concerned that the boys were playing with some sort of leather clad lump of rock before the more intelligent part of my brain understood the message.

It is a pretty basic rule of defensive play. And one of the two teams I saw today understood the message and let nothing bounce. They won 8-1.

Edited by opinions4u

I heard the commentary from today's game - I haven't seen it.

What I did see today was 22 kids, 11 years of age, playing their first game for their new schools.

One coach repeatedly shouted "THAT BALL DOESN'T BOUCE" at goal kicks, keeper clearances and other long balls. When I first heard it I was a bit concerned that the boys were playing with some sort of leather clad lump of rock before the more intelligent part of my brain understood the message.

It is a pretty basic rule of defensive play. And one of the two teams I saw today understood the message and let nothing bounce. They won 8-1.

PENNEY - SIGN THEM UP!!

or send Rubes there on a seaosn long loan

I think everyone can see we need to bring in one quality centre half, whether it be permanent or season long loan.

And not necessarily to replace Rubes or Gregs. At the moment the bottom line is if either of them are fit, they play, as we have got no one else. We bring in a third centre half who is capable of ousting either of them, they have to up their game or their out of the team.

Cant put it any fairer than that

I think everyone can see we need to bring in one quality centre half, whether it be permanent or season long loan.

And not necessarily to replace Rubes or Gregs. At the moment the bottom line is if either of them are fit, they play, as we have got no one else. We bring in a third centre half who is capable of ousting either of them, they have to up their game or their out of the team.

Cant put it any fairer than that

you dont have to be fit to boooooooot a football out of touch u need a brain :)

Overall Rubes played well today. The back 5 (+ Kelvin when he came on) all did.

The problem is that Rubes is making a basic mistake virtually every match and when things are not going your way, you get punished.

We were actually attacking at the time, Bristol got possession and "Hoofed" the ball down field. Rubes watched the ball over his shoulder and instead of dealing with it and finding row Z, he let the ball bounce, let his man go past him, take possession, take the ball under control run 15 yards and pick out Kufour who finished with aplomb into the top corner giving Brill no chance.

We stiffled Rovers today, restricting them to very little. This against a team who their own manager had admitted were flying. Our major chance then came in the second half following an excellent flowing move but Blackman failed to take it.

We need to win a game and quickly so that confidence does not go completly through the floor and the boo boys get further amunition.

There are seeds there, but without victories to breed confidence, those seeds will be buried in the winter mud.

Cheers,

Harry

Having seen it on the telly, I'm not sure how much I blame Reuben for this goal.

He's been done by a hefty hoof over the top, I'm not sure how he could have got to it to find row Z.

Whether his initial positioning was right or not, or whether he responded to the hoof as fast as their striker, may be fair game for debate.

Personally I think our Latics Player commentators have done the bloke a dis-service, leading to this thread.

We still need cover at CB ... but yesterday's goal conceded shouldn't be seen as a case for continuing the Hazell wtich-hunt.

He was in front of the player he was marking, he let the ball bounce when he could of easily of headed it into the stand had he of ran instead of casually jogging to it, and then let their player easily run in front of him and play a simple pass to Kuffour who in fairness produced a great finnish.

I would say it was a pretty simple situation that all was required was, basic defending which Ruben failed to do yet again this season.

He was in front of the player he was marking, he let the ball bounce when he could of easily of headed it into the stand had he of ran instead of casually jogging to it, and then let their player easily run in front of him and play a simple pass to Kuffour who in fairness produced a great finnish.

I would say it was a pretty simple situation that all was required was, basic defending which Ruben failed to do yet again this season.

You can't see that much from the video, but if you pause it the moment both players come into the shot it looks as though their striker is actually coming across from Gregan's side of the defence and Ruben's man has stopped to drop off the defence (and eventually is the man who finishes it). It looks like there isn't much Ruben could do about it and 99/100 it bounces nearer to him and he can get something on it or it lands further away and he is able to contest the bounce, but it was just one of those hopeful hoofs that has worked out perfectly. I may be wrong but that's how it looks from the video. It's a difficult one to blame anyone for, you could say Ruben wasn't close enough to his man (maybe but it looks like a good run from the striker), you could say Gregan should have tracked if he came across the defence (but normally you would let him run and just give your defensive partner a shout) so who takes the blame. I think it's just one we have to put down as one of those things.