Eardley

I think we miss him. Anyone else agree? I know he wouldn't be the solution to our problems but i think the team was better with him in it.

I also think it was a mistake letting Stam go. If he would have been replaced then fair enough. However, he hasn't been...

We are missing his passion , it was only him who looked bothered when we conceded ,

This is an idea I had for 2 years that I am ready to be ridiculed over!!!! Get ready!!!

Why didn't Stam get a run up front ala Ian Marshall? Good in the air, good feet, could read the game. I honestly think he may have proved a real handful with a nippy striker alongside him. He would have been better than Ormerod, Byfield, Kabba etc.

We'll never know anyway.

Oh, and LOL

Razza's taken over my mantle.

How many times last season did Eardley snap and end up shouting at someone ? even the crowd once , even if it was his fault he looked bothered and looked like he wanted to put things right , not seen one person stand up to Gregan this season. Earldey was abit arrogant but id take that over sheepish quiet defenders.

He was captain at 19 for a reason

This is an idea I had for 2 years that I am ready to be ridiculed over!!!! Get ready!!!

Why didn't Stam get a run up front ala Ian Marshall? Good in the air, good feet, could read the game. I honestly think he may have proved a real handful with a nippy striker alongside him. He would have been better than Ormerod, Byfield, Kabba etc.

We'll never know anyway.

Oh, and LOL

Razza's taken over my mantle.

Oh I seriously doubt it haha

How many times last season did Eardley snap and end up shouting at someone ? even the crowd once , even if it was his fault he looked bothered and looked like he wanted to put things right , not seen one person stand up to Gregan this season. Earldey was abit arrogant but id take that over sheepish quiet defenders.

He was captain at 19 for a reason

agree

Eardley did actually give a crap.

I remember when I use to sit in the paddock, when the final whistle went and we won he use to clinch both his fists and smile. We were always going to miss a right back as good as he was.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Back to Eardley, yes we do miss him. How can you not miss one of your best players?

However, there's not much point crying over what we can't change - he wanted to prove himself at the next level and we were in no position to stop him... I said 3 years ago he would be a Premiership player, I haven't changed that view.

I should add, as I've said elsewhere, Holdsworth is a very able replacement - not as good but more than competent at this level.

As for Stam, in hindsight we maybe ought to have kept him, at least as cover. However, he wanted first team football so I think moving has been to his benefit. And no I don't think he'd have made a makeshift striker; defensive midfielder maybe but not a striker. Even as a defender Ian Marshall had an unmistakeable eye for goal - it's a knack that some players seem to have naturally and is difficult to learn.

Selective memory Razza699, and probably influenced by reading OWTB too much.

I've seen Gregan hold his hands up a number of times. I've also seen him bollock team-mates for subtle mistakes which many other observers either haven't spotted or chosen to ignore.

I've occasionally seen him bollock others for his own mistakes, but not for a good while, and it was no doubt born out of frustration due to, erm, caring?

Selective memory Razza699, and probably influenced by reading OWTB too much.

I've seen Gregan hold his hands up a number of times. I've also seen him bollock team-mates for subtle mistakes which many other observers either haven't spotted or chosen to ignore.

I've occasionally seen him bollock others for his own mistakes, but not for a good while, and it was no doubt born out of frustration due to, erm, caring?

fair enough,

still 1 player out of 11 giving a crap isnt a good recipe,

Wasn't Marshall more of a striker turned makeshift defender? :unsure:

I'm sure those with a better memory will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was purely a centre-half when we signed him - don't know if Everton had tried him up front (he did sign from Everton didn't he? :unsure: ). I think the first time we saw him up front was when Joe did his usual cup match tactical thing of moving a centre-half up front after about ten minutes. Sounds like madness now ... actually it was probably madness then, but it seemed to work. :grin:

I'm sure those with a better memory will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was purely a centre-half when we signed him - don't know if Everton had tried him up front (he did sign from Everton didn't he? :unsure: ). I think the first time we saw him up front was when Joe did his usual cup match tactical thing of moving a centre-half up front after about ten minutes. Sounds like madness now ... actually it was probably madness then, but it seemed to work. :grin:

Yeah, we had him on loan as a centre back and bought him for £100,000.

Does anyone remember the quote? 10 points if you can tell us correctly where its from?

"Errrrrm, Theres beeeeen so manneee"

I'm not sure. It's just that, at 25, all I remember him for is scoring goals and wheeling away whilst feeling his perm.

Didn't he leave because Joe wanted him to play at the back?