Funny things you heard fans shout at Boundary Park

In last season's game against MK Dongs we were a goal up going in to injury time.

We'd been under pressure for much of the second half, so it was a relief to get possession and take it to the corner flag.

The ball came out to Allott outside the box. Imploring him not to concede possession I screamed, far too loudly, "DON'T SHOOT".

A second later the ball settled in the bottom corner of the net and Latics were 2-0 up. Silly sod had given them possession back on the half-way line!

Edited by opinions4u

In last season's game against MK Dongs we were a goal up going in to injury time.

We'd been under pressure for much of the second half, so it was a relief to get possession and take it to the corner flag.

The ball came out to Allott outside the box. Imploring him not to concede possession I screamed, far too loudly, "DON'T SHOOT".

A second later the ball settled in the bottom corner of the net and Latics were 2-0 up. Silly sod had given them possession back on the half-way line!

can you shout that this saturday please....lots of times

Im sure the topic was funny things you have heard at BP

you had to be there, it was the way he said it

I said that to the TV when Steven Gerrard had the ball in a similar position against Germany

One of Hazells early games ,

Horrible wet Tuesday night match and the opposition goalie hoofs it into our half. Hazell stood 10 yards outside our box tries to head it but the ball skids off his head for a corner.

Before the ball went out the guy behind me shouts

"Get some bloody chalk on it".

Off the cuff so quick was so funny.

Edited by losesome

not shouted, more overheard....during a particularly dull game (can't even remember who against) during Wadsworth's reign two lads behind me gave up any pretence of watching the game and started discussing some girl they were eyeing up at great length. Their conversation was more entertaining than the match: "aw she's not classy, she's just pulled her knickers out of her arse" "well it's better than leaving them there, isn't it?"