A settled midfield

Given the injuries (Purdie, Smalley, Worthington, :censored:) - the loaned out (Stephens) - the perennial substitute (Lee) - the don't quite work in midfield (Parker) have we finally stumbled on a midfield quartet that is actually the right one?

Colbeck, Furman, Whittaker, Taylor - looking like a decent four for me. What chance that DP gives them a run together? :unsure:

Given the injuries (Purdie, Smalley, Worthington, :censored:) - the loaned out (Stephens) - the perennial substitute (Lee) - the don't quite work in midfield (Parker) have we finally stumbled on a midfield quartet that is actually the right one?

Colbeck, Furman, Whittaker, Taylor - looking like a decent four for me. What chance that DP gives them a run together? :unsure:

Penney might have no choice but to give them a run together with our current injury situation.

For me there is not enough steel in that four (only Furman is a proper tackler), I think Worthington will replace Whittaker when he gets fit, also Purdie could come in for Colbeck if he ever gets fit.

I think Lee might be good in the Whitaker position in there, the key for me is the "settled" bit, give Lee and Furman a 5 or 6 games together and I think we would see the benefits. Both can spot a pass and both can tackle, granted neither are a crunching Vinnie Jones type player but you can't get away with that now refs blow if they are looked at funnily.

I think Lee might be good in the Whitaker position in there, the key for me is the "settled" bit, give Lee and Furman a 5 or 6 games together and I think we would see the benefits. Both can spot a pass and both can tackle, granted neither are a crunching Vinnie Jones type player but you can't get away with that now refs blow if they are looked at funnily.

I'd hope to see a situation where Lee or Whits plays at home against the lesser teams, and Worthy plays against the stronger teams at home and away. I trust Penney to be able to pick a team specifically for each match, well, much more than I ever did with Shez.

I'd generally prefer anyone to be playing there than Whits, and if Lee ever does prove he can run about a football pitch for 70mins+ without looking like he is about to die, than the place could well be his. Whits appears to still be the only player in our team who can shoot from outside the box too, so suppose that is an advantage that puts him in the team for the moment....

Like Leeslover though, I still have some sort of blind faith that Kieron Lee is actually the saviour of all our problems, and will ultimately lead us to Champions League final glory. (just for the record, the crowd in the semi will be 10,795, as we yet again fail to sell out the Failsworth Warburtons Mega-Dome :wink: ).

Edited by BigfinLatic

I'd hope to see a situation where Lee or Whits plays at home against the lesser teams, and Worthy plays against the stronger teams at home and away. I trust Penney to be able to pick a team specifically for each match, well, much more than I ever did with Shez.

I'd generally prefer anyone to be playing there than Whits, and if Lee ever does prove he can run about a football pitch for 70mins+ without looking like he is about to die, than the place could well be his. Whits appears to still be the only player in our team who can shoot from outside the box too, so suppose that is an advantage that puts him in the team for the moment....

Like Leeslover though, I still have some sort of blind faith that Kieron Lee is actually the saviour of all our problems, and will ultimately lead us to Champions League final glory. (just for the record, the crowd in the semi will be 10,795, as we yet again fail to sell out the Failsworth Warburtons Mega-Dome :wink: ).

if Lee ever does prove he can run about a football pitch for 70mins+ without looking like he is about to die, - :lol: he is getting better but still too lightweight for this league (reminds me of mark Hughes - the other one we had here for a while and is now at Barnet?)

As for the crowd at the semi - I reckon we will get close to the (extended capacity) 16,000 figure... :wink: