Football coaching

Im sorry to say you will really struggle to get him in anywhere at 4 years old. Most clubs wont coach anyone until they are 5 years old. There are FA rules about coaching kids under that age.

Once he reaches 5 though then Chaddy Park is a very good club to take him to....although im slightly biased. :wink:

Kevyn's Soccer School

Tel: 0161 652 5778

Turn up at the park on Shaw Road, next to Our Lady's school in Royton for 10am on Saturday or Sunday.

£4 for 2 hours. Tends to be an hour or so of skills training and an hour of informal match. The bigger lads and the smaller lads are split up, so he's not going to get knocked over by an over-zealous teenager!

4 is young, but he does have some small ones there. Watch him and see if he enjoys it or not.

Is Kevin Gibbons paying his way yet?

If you're referring to his dispute with the council over payment for using the land, then I understand that a mutually agreeable compromise was reached.

Edited by opinions4u

Hello all,wondering if anyone can help? I'm after a football coach or team for my son who is 4. Anyone know of any local? Thanking you!

You can try Heyside or Chaddy End. However AFC Oldham are good with very young infants.

Edited by oafctom

I hope that hopefully, by the time he is developing into a decent young footballer at 15, that he hasn't, (having trained/played competitively for 11 years!) had enough of the game and walks away from it.

There are many youngsters leaving the game very early in their development these days, due to the ever increasing pressures of club coaches placing far to much emphasis on success and not participation from such an early age.

Keep him in the garden, take him on a field, take him to watch the boys in blue - save all of the money that you would have paid in subs, then at 11/12 years old pop him along to a good local junior club, like many of those mentioned above and see if your years of gentle encouragement and coaching works as well as some of those locally - you will be surprised :wink:

He'll then have those 11 and maybe more competitive years of football ahead!!

Apart from that good luck to him!

I hope that hopefully, by the time he is developing into a decent young footballer at 15, that he hasn't, (having trained/played competitively for 11 years!) had enough of the game and walks away from it.

There are many youngsters leaving the game very early in their development these days, due to the ever increasing pressures of club coaches placing far to much emphasis on success and not participation from such an early age.

Keep him in the garden, take him on a field, take him to watch the boys in blue - save all of the money that you would have paid in subs, then at 11/12 years old pop him along to a good local junior club, like many of those mentioned above and see if your years of gentle encouragement and coaching works as well as some of those locally - you will be surprised :wink:

He'll then have those 11 and maybe more competitive years of football ahead!!

Apart from that good luck to him!

Doubt he would take him to the boys in blue. He is a Citeh fan. :blink:

Kevyn's Soccer School

Tel: 0161 652 5778

Turn up at the park on Shaw Road, next to Our Lady's school in Royton for 10am on Saturday or Sunday.

£4 for 2 hours. Tends to be an hour or so of skills training and an hour of informal match. The bigger lads and the smaller lads are split up, so he's not going to get knocked over by an over-zealous teenager!

4 is young, but he does have some small ones there. Watch him and see if he enjoys it or not.

If you're referring to his dispute with the council over payment for using the land, then I understand that a mutually agreeable compromise was reached.

I think he's moving it to the soccer factory in rochdale next to Tesco, at the same times, so I'd phone him first. My son whose 7 goes there and Kev's brilliant with him (and all the other kids)

If he is 4 then clubs and other coaching sessions cant really do anything due to Insurance, Child protection and OFSTED issues!

When he is 5 get him on one of the Soccer Schools. The team on the Soccer Schools can signpost to one of the local charter Standard clubs that may be able to help so you know they are going to a well run club.

www.oldhamathleticct.org for details of forthcoming soccer schools!