• Sean Gregan
    • Keigan Parker
    • Chris Taylor
    • Alex Marrow
    • Alan Sheehan
    • Kieran Lee
    • Ryan Brooke

Guest sheridans_world

Keigan Parker. For his first half performance and a cracking goal.

If it hadnt of been for his goal, I'd have struggled to have picked from any of; Parker, Abbott, :censored: and Whitaker. With Sheehan staking an outside claim.

Brilliant game, brilliant result. Shame about Brill letting one in...

Roll on Yeovil!

Keigan Parker. For his first half performance and a cracking goal.

If it hadnt of been for his goal, I'd have struggled to have picked from any of; Parker, Abbott, :censored: and Whitaker. With Sheehan staking an outside claim.

Brilliant game, brilliant result. Shame about Brill letting one in...

Roll on Yeovil!

Furman, ran the show....

Parker for me. He stretches defences wide and that opens it up for us. Great finish to a great move.

No scapegoats and no heroes though. 11 hard working winners out there tonight.

well said. I honestly can't decide who was MOM tonight I think all of them played well. Maybe Gregan, Furman, Pav, Kelvin, Sheehan, Parker, Whits, hmmmm i'm really not sure.

Really tough one to call, but as much because I love watching a good old fashioned centre-forward as anything I've given it to Abbott.

Could just as easily have been for Parker for being a persistant nuisance, a superb outlet when we needed it and an exquisite finish.

Or Whitaker for his passing and assist.

Or Sheehan for a lovely goal, some deadly set piece deliveries and an excellent defensive display when needed (SIGN HIM UP DAVE!!).

Or Furman for showing us he could become one of the best midfielders we've had in ages, certainly since Wellens.

And a shout for the growing defensive unit that is Brill/Hazell/Gregan - they were unlucky to concede.

Parker for me. He stretches defences wide and that opens it up for us. Great finish to a great move.

No scapegoats and no heroes though. 11 hard working winners out there tonight.

Furman pipped it for me just ahead of Abbott, but yes, 11 great performances tonight, and a well deserved victory from a game, even at one up, I would have been happy to take a point from.

As far as Parker goes though, I think he is just lacking half a yard of pace to be really devestating, but as you say, the finish was true class, and well done to him. I've been saying he's been working his socks off since the Carlisle game and fully deserves his goals.

If it hadnt of been for his goal, I'd have struggled to have picked from....:censored:

I just don't see that. Anyone who thinks Whittaker ghosts in and out of games should have a proper look at :censored:. He's got a decent future in the game, but he certainly shouldn't be in the centre of midfield. Don't want to make scapegoats, but the upsurge in form has a lot to do with :censored: being replaced with the legs of Furman. With Furman and Whitts, at least we have the legs to be up and down and involved, something we've missed since Wellens who did a hell of a lot of running and constantly demanded to be involved....

Abbott last night gave one of the best performances from a Latics #9 I've seen for a long time. He was immense. Very rarely lost the ball, it always stuck, and most of the time it was against two big lumps. He made Parkers goal through sheer strength and skill.

Parker...Ok probably his best game but nowhere near MOM. Too many times play broke down when it got to him. Looks to be playing a lot of the time at 75% effort. He's a quick un, as he showed last night at times, yet the next minute he seems to be running through treacle, being unable to beat his man. Like I said, best I've seen him play for us but could do better. Much better.

Pavott on the other hand, superb.

E4e

POLSK