Liverpool in serious trouble?

A leading football agent (Who shall remain nameless, but who I trust implicitly) told me yesterday that he believes the FA and HMRC are making tentative enquiries regarding huge financial irregularities within the books of LFC.

He says that the enquiries have been going on for some time, but it has only just been discovered exactly how serious the discrepancies are, and is likely to be big news shortly with the club being forced to sell some big names.

Bull:censored:? - I don't see any reason why he'd lie to me, as he's always been totally honest in the past. He knows I have a soft spot for LFC, and with him being an agent for a few of MUFC's players he enjoyed breaking the news.

Certainly believable, but I simply don't trust the FA to be brave enough to bring this into the open if it really is that serious - if it was some non-descript football league side they'd hapily stick the knife in, but Liverpool? They'll sweep it under the carpet, a la West Ham and Tevez.

(Of course, that may be more difficult if HMRC are involved ... )

There are noises being made that suggest the RBS could have started legal proceedings against LFC in the summer (09). LFC were said to have had plans in place to sell Torres and Gerard with Citeh having bid £70m. The RBS decided against this action as they thought it would greatly affect their business.

There are noises being made that suggest the RBS could have started legal proceedings against LFC in the summer (09). LFC were said to have had plans in place to sell Torres and Gerard with Citeh having bid £70m. The RBS decided against this action as they thought it would greatly affect their business.

Strangely enough, he did say that it was a bank who originally tipped the FA off.