Oh and to add to the frustration

We've a perfectly capable striker on our books, who is scoring goals ....

Why thehell is he at Rochdale :ranting:

i can only take it you havent seen him play..

did you see him on tv the other night on itv4

ogrady wont be back here,and i have to say it will probably be the right decision,he is out of his depth at this level

Whenever he played here, he held the ball up quite possibly the best out of any striker in the last 10 years, since then Abbott is much better, but he did it much better than all our other top strikers even did, didn't shoot that much, but something that could have been worked on, as when he did unleash a couple, they had enough power.

He was never given a chance here, can't be arsed to find out, but whats the most he played in a row, of over 70+, sub appearences cannot be counted as a chance if so, ship out Brooke already cause he's done as much as O'Grady. Being shifted from Bury to Bradford to wherever else he went, he's hardly going to settle and score goals.

Well this season, he's settled, been a consistant figure, had a run in the side and guess what? scored 6 goals, not a bad return.

Considering our whole team has managed 3 in the last 7 games.

Whenever he played here, he held the ball up quite possibly the best out of any striker in the last 10 years, since then Abbott is much better, but he did it much better than all our other top strikers even did, didn't shoot that much, but something that could have been worked on, as when he did unleash a couple, they had enough power.

He was never given a chance here, can't be arsed to find out, but whats the most he played in a row, of over 70+, sub appearences cannot be counted as a chance if so, ship out Brooke already cause he's done as much as O'Grady. Being shifted from Bury to Bradford to wherever else he went, he's hardly going to settle and score goals.

Well this season, he's settled, been a consistant figure, had a run in the side and guess what? scored 6 goals, not a bad return.

you are a star arnt you son

I'm not sure O'Grady got a fair crack of the whip- baring in mind I saw his best performance for us against 'Pool away- but he is not good enough for this level as a regular first teamer. He is a hold-up man yes, to say he's the best hold-up man we've had bar Abbott is doing a great diservice to the likes of Ricketts. Does he get in front of Abbott in the team- does he :censored: does he get in alongside Abbott- be interesting to see but I doubt it. How much are we paying him- as he's at least 4th choice centre-forward if not lower. He's scoring goals for Dale, yes, but look at who else is scoring goals in that league- Luke Rodgers- and he is garbage. Put Alessandra in that Dale team and his return would be better IMHO.

I'm going to be very controversial but the player I'd much rather have seen us keep- Byfield. Parker hasn't done a lot and I saw a bit of Byfields display for Walsall yesterday he took his goal well and he had the vision to catch the keeper off his line from 40 yards but was unlucky not to score. Byfield playing regularly and fit will score more goals in this league than Parker and O'Grady put together for me.

I would like to see O'Grady get a chance for the 6 months he has left before his contract runs out but by then i think we will say sorry Chris but you ain't good enough for this level.

I'm not sure O'Grady got a fair crack of the whip- baring in mind I saw his best performance for us against 'Pool away- but he is not good enough for this level as a regular first teamer. He is a hold-up man yes, to say he's the best hold-up man we've had bar Abbott is doing a great diservice to the likes of Ricketts. Does he get in front of Abbott in the team- does he :censored: does he get in alongside Abbott- be interesting to see but I doubt it. How much are we paying him- as he's at least 4th choice centre-forward if not lower. He's scoring goals for Dale, yes, but look at who else is scoring goals in that league- Luke Rodgers- and he is garbage. Put Alessandra in that Dale team and his return would be better IMHO.

I'm going to be very controversial but the player I'd much rather have seen us keep- Byfield. Parker hasn't done a lot and I saw a bit of Byfields display for Walsall yesterday he took his goal well and he had the vision to catch the keeper off his line from 40 yards but was unlucky not to score. Byfield playing regularly and fit will score more goals in this league than Parker and O'Grady put together for me.

I would like to see O'Grady get a chance for the 6 months he has left before his contract runs out but by then i think we will say sorry Chris but you ain't good enough for this level.

It really wouldn't be many goals for Byfield to outscore them two in this division. Personally, I wasn't a fan - but saw more of his lesser games.

I haven't seen many players in on loan who I would like to keep. Jordan Robertson was probably the best, but I think we'll have to wait that one out for the moment.

There's a shedload of players out there at this level and I'm sure we could pick one up easy enough. But O'Grady is a long way off Division 3 level. And Parker so far hasn't been any better (that's being nice, he's been worse).

Found his level at the dale - and on the positive side just right for us next season if we get relegated! :blush:

found his level at dale? they may be in the league below but they have been knockin on the door for a couple of seasons now and i reckon they will prob do it this season. they would certainly give latics as run for our money!