Penney sits on the fence!

I m very frustated with Penney 2-0 down and not a sub warming up,Clochester down to 10 men and still nothing.Surely you ve got to think about changing things at 2 down.He waits way to long before changing things.Fair play to to lads who came on, the team pulled their tripe out but why wait so long before making changes. :angry:

I m very frustated with Penney 2-0 down and not a sub warming up,Clochester down to 10 men and still nothing.Surely you ve got to think about changing things at 2 down.He waits way to long before changing things.Fair play to to lads who came on, the team pulled their tripe out but why wait so long before making changes. :angry:

Is this a wind up?

He gave it a few minutes to see how things panned out - the right thing to do in order to establish what weaknesses the loss of a player exposed in Colchester.

Penney brings on two subs. One supplies the cross to the other who scores the equaliser.

The guy showed a real tactical nouse today when he switched to 3-4-3 as we took the game to Colchester.

That red card may just be a key trigger point for the season.

Edited by opinions4u

We looked so much stronger though when the full backs started to overlap particularly Holdsworth.

Showed what he can do as an attacking force!

We looked so much better because the whole team were looking to get forward ( a luxury this season ) Even hazell ended up staying up front!

come on the cavaliers!!

Is this a wind up?

He gave it a few minutes to see how things panned out - the right thing to do in order to establish what weaknesses the loss of a player exposed in Colchester.

Penney brings on two subs. One supplies the cross to the other who scores the equaliser.

The guy showed a real tactical nouse today when he switched to 3-4-3 as we took the game to Colchester.

That red card may just be a key trigger point for the season.

i agree with both posts kind of. sat there watching the game i was convinced he should have been looking to change it as soon as the second went in and was surrounded by people trying to tell im to get it changed then when the red card came and he still waited 5 or 10 mins to change anything i was getting pissed off with his refusal to change anything and started to think he must be an idiot . . .shows what i no. although at the time i dint agree but penney got it spot on with the subs and tactics AFTER the red card. was good to see us actually going for it and showed how to play against ten men. however if the red card hadnt have come it would be a very different story and think a lot of people would be questioning his tactics

however if the red card hadnt have come it would be a very different story and think a lot of people would be questioning his tactics

At 2-0 down, prior to that card, I wanted to be anywhere else on the planet. The rain bouncing on the roof of the RRE was noisier than the atmosphere and I was even having a conversation trying to recall the last time I'd seen Latics score a goal - and I couldn't remember it!

If Tierney had stayed on it would have been like the Leeds game. Decent amount of possession, but no cutting edge going forwards and easily hit on the counter attack. 4-0 defeat.

That red card came early enough for Penney to assess the weaknesses it exposed in the opposition. He called everything right from that moment onwards.

Credit to the team as well. They really got to grips with their opponents and found a passion and self-belief that warmed the soul. I just get peeed off that they don't show that every time they walk out on to the pitch at BP. Penney needs to get that out of the for 90 minutes. Not 30.

I hope the manager has learned a lot about his players today. There is pace in the side. There is belief in their hearts (sometimes) and there is a little bit of ability out there too. His job is to make sure it turns up for every game and delivers when it's 11 v 11.

Edited by opinions4u

i agree with both posts kind of. sat there watching the game i was convinced he should have been looking to change it as soon as the second went in and was surrounded by people trying to tell im to get it changed then when the red card came and he still waited 5 or 10 mins to change anything i was getting pissed off with his refusal to change anything and started to think he must be an idiot . . .shows what i no. although at the time i dint agree but penney got it spot on with the subs and tactics AFTER the red card. was good to see us actually going for it and showed how to play against ten men. however if the red card hadnt have come it would be a very different story and think a lot of people would be questioning his tactics

Credit to DP that he got it right eventually - debit that he could not see how ineffective Smalley was down the right - and Deano got MoM!! :blink:

Christ he can't do anything right can he?

Great tactic change after the red card. Got it right and deserved 3 goals!