2 Points From 33 when concedeing first

Yes, losing? keep strikers on, and give it everything. + Last night was one game.

Next you will be saying he has "lost the dressing room"...

Another year... Same comments... Hang in there mate come March I am sure you wont be the only one losing patient and bringing out all the good old one liners. Its as certain as the move to Spotland... :lol:

Next you will be saying he has "lost the dressing room"...

Another year... Same comments... Hang in there mate come March I am sure you wont be the only one losing patient and bringing out all the good old one liners. Its as certain as the move to Spotland... :lol:

Well when we're one down with ten men, i don't see the point in bringing a striker off for a defender, maybe as it was only half time and a goal it was just about acceptable. But then at 2-0 down, defender for defender? Yes it is as baffling as Shez's decisions at MK Dons.

:lol:

Players ill... Down to 10 men... Losing... Is there a plan B for that situation ?

well ye there should be. not trying to criticise penney or anything but as manager its his job to have a plan B and deal with whatever situation arises.

as for the taking a forward off for a defender it was daft. i alwayd think its stupid to do that. leaving one up front just invites pressure. it gives no out let so the ball gets hoofed up there defenders win the ball and they start attacking againand then when you consider we were losing it should have been a no brainer.

attack is the best form of defence

well ye there should be. not trying to criticise penney or anything but as manager its his job to have a plan B and deal with whatever situation arises.

as for the taking a forward off for a defender it was daft. i alwayd think its stupid to do that. leaving one up front just invites pressure. it gives no out let so the ball gets hoofed up there defenders win the ball and they start attacking againand then when you consider we were losing it should have been a no brainer.

attack is the best form of defence

I have already said I agree with most of that... Penneys plan was different. He tried to lock up the defence and hit them on counter with Ryan (its bloody obvious even if you dont agree - but he did have a plan) That was clearly his plan E. It was not a Plan B, that would involved having a proper squad to pick from.

Edited by oafc0000

I have already said I agree with most of that... Penneys plan was different. He tried to lock up the defence and hit them on counter with Ryan (its bloody obvious even if you dont agree - but he did have a plan) That was clearly his plan E. It was not a Plan B, that would involved having a proper squad to pick from.

well ye but not much of a plan is it. its not tactical genius. it was just trying to do the safe option that dint work. but people who last night were saying we should sack him are just being daft. as you have pointed out here there was half the team missing. he needs his chance and the fans behind him

well ye but not much of a plan is it. its not tactical genius. it was just trying to do the safe option that dint work. but people who last night were saying we should sack him are just being daft. as you have pointed out here there was half the team missing. he needs his chance and the fans behind him

He ALWAYS takes the safe option Dave, which has resulted in the defence being reasonably tight but the 'Oldham nil' tag that we've now got. If you don't set your team up to attack then you aren't gonna score goals, and we all no what goals make don't we?! :dedhrse::petesake:

We need to take more risks when going forward when we go down i think, i can understand penneys decision to take blackman and put jacobsen on, we didnt have the balance needed in defence so it was almost a must change, the other choice was to play with an unbalanced defence for the last few minutes of the half, this is what we can say penney shud of done, as then jacobsen cud of come on for hazel, since he got subbed at HT.

Lost 3-0, that was last night, got a full week to prepare for leeds now,

the lads need to get their heads down, forget about last night

and give us a show against leeds!

I don't even think Penney has played his plan A or B.

Seeing Jacobson and Purdie are yet to start games he hasn't started with ihs prefered 11 and judging by our injury record, probably never will.

We've been a patched up squad for some time now so not getting our way is to be expected until it hopefully clears up.