yet another stats post

wether or not you realise it, our `lowly` neighbours...... stockport.......propping up league one.......will move above us very soon if both teams current form continues...........

it`s like a stealth thing.......it`s happening in the background, and before you know it....too many will be saying "WTF !!".

THE FIGURES AND FACTS AIN`T LYING.

game for game, over the last 10 played. stockport have had 60 `on target` shots on goal to our 30......that`s twice as many shots as us folks...... they have also scored twice as many goals than us....10 to our 5.......they have won twice as many games than us...2 to our 1........and they have even conceded less goals......14 to our 16.......oh and they have created 1/3rd more corners than us....57 to our 38.....and this is their bottom club form!!

if they continue plugging away til the seasons end with that form,and we with ours, one thing is for certain, they will end up above us, and even if it`s by one place, ie; second from bottom, it means we will end up propping up the league instead of them !!

those are the facts folks, a lot of effort has gone into compiling those stats....coz i really care about this club....and i`m genuinely worried about both our form and our future.

wether or not you realise it, our `lowly` neighbours...... stockport.......propping up league one.......will move above us very soon if both teams current form continues...........

it`s like a stealth thing.......it`s happening in the background, and before you know it....too many will be saying "WTF !!".

game for game, over the last 10 played. stockport have had 60 `on target` shots on goal to our 30......that`s twice as many shots as us folks...... they have also scored twice as many goals than us....10 to our 5.......they have won twice as many games than us...2 to our 1........and they have even conceded less goals......14 to our 16.......oh and they have created 1/3rd more corners than us....57 to our 38.....and this is their bottom club form!!

if they continue plugging away til the seasons end with that form,and we with ours, one thing is for certain, they will end up above us, and even if it`s by one place, ie; second from bottom, it means we will end up propping up the league instead of them !!

those are the facts folks, a lot of effort has gone into compiling those stats....coz i really care about this club....and i`m genuinely worried about both our form and our future.

:applause1: :applause1:

This is not really surprising - it merely highlights the downward spiral that we currently find ourselves in...

However - the revival starts on Saturday at home to Exeter and continues at Wycombe and then on boxing day - happy days are just around the corner :grin:<_<

This is not really surprising - it merely highlights the downward spiral that we currently find ourselves in...

However - the revival starts on Saturday at home to Exeter and continues at Wycombe and then on boxing day - happy days are just around the corner :grin:<_<

my heart is with you on that..........but my head tells me pennys ultra cautious/lone stiker/hoofball tactics will still be there with no real go at em plan b.

Stats are great for showing you what has just happened for you to make your point but are :censored: :censored: at predicting what happens in the future as demonstrated by one posters inane predictions on here masquerading as betting tips. Have a good look at Stockport's fixtures and then have a good look at our fixtures until the 16th of Jan (when we are scheduled to play them at their place) can you seriously see Stockport making up a 7 point gap in that time- no. Stockport are going to struggle to stay up this season but considering their fans were half expecting them to go out of business over the summer I don't hear of too many complaints.

Stats are great for showing you what has just happened for you to make your point but are :censored: :censored: at predicting what happens in the future as demonstrated by one posters inane predictions on here masquerading as betting tips. Have a good look at Stockport's fixtures and then have a good look at our fixtures until the 16th of Jan (when we are scheduled to play them at their place) can you seriously see Stockport making up a 7 point gap in that time- no. Stockport are going to struggle to stay up this season but considering their fans were half expecting them to go out of business over the summer I don't hear of too many complaints.

if stockport continue in playing their more positive attacking footie as they are doing, they are twice as likely to score in that time.....they may not even have to make up a gap of 7 points.....coz the way we are consitently playing of late, it is us who will be losing a 7 point gap to them.

i`m not trying to be smart, or truly predict anything, it`s just that i can clearly see a trend of play between the two teams were stockport are much stronger than us......and i am genuinely concerned that we are the weaker of the two, and before we know it.......!!

but yes........let`s see what january looks like.

if stockport continue in playing their more positive attacking footie as they are doing, they are twice as likely to score in that time.....they may not even have to make up a gap of 7 points.....coz the way we are consitently playing of late, it is us who will be losing a 7 point gap to them.

i`m not trying to be smart, or truly predict anything, it`s just that i can clearly see a trend of play between the two teams were stockport are much stronger than us......and i am genuinely concerned that we are the weaker of the two, and before we know it.......!!

but yes........let`s see what january looks like.

I can see some of the logic of what you are trying to say but its the wrong way round. You have to make up the 7 points somehow they are not there for us to loose they are there for them to be gained. Scoring goals doesn't guarantee wins I'd rather draw 0-0 in a game where I get bored of watching paint dry than loose 4-3. How do you judge that we are the weaker team, are you somehow in 2 places at once. The table clearly says we are stronger, come Boxing Day when everyone ought to have played everyone once- let's see how the two teams compare as I can see the gap being bigger than 7 points. Stockport are playing MK Dons (a), Leeds (h) and Bristol Rovers (a) from boxing day onwards- I can't see them getting more than the odd point from those three games. For Stockport to be above us by the time we play them we will realistically have to loose all our games and they would have to win two from those 3 games plus Charlton at home and the Gills away- I cannot see it.

Oh and if you weren't trying to be smart you failed showing this stat and that stat makes you seem smart but when it comes down to football there is one stat I'm interested in and that's the league table. That clearly shows that despite Stockport having created more chances etc. (like you so painstakingly tell us to make a very weak point) recently they are still 7 points adrift of us and bottom of the league. They have won 1 game at home all season, they have only scored 1 goal more than us but conceeded 9 more. If we are within 7 points of Stockport come the end of the season we will be down.

I have seen Stockport three times this season.

0-0 draw at BP (Latics were mediocre, County were :censored:e).

1-3 defeat in the League Cup at Hudderfield - they scored in the 89th minute after Huddersfield scored 3 without breaking a sweat.

0-0 draw in the league at Huddersfield - they attacked twice (should have scored on both occasions 1 v 1 but failed to test the keeper) in the game and survived something of an onslaught.

They have a couple of decent loan players (Bridcutt and Bignall), but I think administration and the loss of Gannon has sucked the heart out of the club and, based on what my mate tells me/what I've seen, they're :censored:e and there isn't a hope in hell of them staying up.

Latics, even in recent weeks, are easily a better team than County and will finish above them!

(Another stat: Stockport have lost 7 league games in a row. They are also playing their FA Cup 2nd round game with Torquay at Macclesfield's ground because Edgeley Park is in such a state. This is not a football club that has things going their way at the moment).

Edited by opinions4u

I have seen Stockport three times this season.

Latics, even in recent weeks, are easily a better team than County and will finish above them!

after watching us do a complete wimp of a performance against leeds the second time around, using the exact same totally ineffective tactics, i find it difficult to imagine how you realistically think we are easily better than anybody in this division.

ok granted, i have not seen county this season.......but either way you look at it, no matter how she-ite they may be, their `on target` shots ratio is twice as good as ours during `recent weeks`...... 60 shots to our mere 30.

i for one am not taking anything for granted this season re `the lower teams`.........we are one, and we are in danger.