mark hughes sacked at 7.30pm

:lol: Roberto Mancini to take over from Mark Hughes at Manchester Citythe times

Manchester City are to release a statement later this evening which is almost certain to confirm the dismissal of Mark Hughes.

Hughes' position has been under threat since Wednesday's abject performance at Tottenham and not even today's 4-3 win over Sunderland looks set to save him.

Roque Santa Cruz scored twice for the hosts, with Carlos Tevez and Craig Bellamy also on target.

But Hughes now looks set to be sacked, paving the way for Roberto Mancini to revive the fortunes of a club who have spent £200million on new players since their Abu Dhabi owners took control 18 months ago.

Edited by boboafc

Manchester City confirmed Mark Hughes will not carry out his normal post-match media duties this evening, which appears to set the seal on his time at the club, they given him a brush to clean the snow

Edited by boboafc

i feel for him but glad we not like man city who love stabing boss behide their back LOL

Hughesy for oldham come on

I take it you are a WUM?

Hughes for Oldham..NEVER!

Glad the curly haired welsh **** got sacked! NEVER forgive him for scoring THAT goal in 94. Sad team lost a crap boss. Shame they suited each other!

City, regardless of money spent, will always be laughing stock!

I take it you are a WUM?

Hughes for Oldham..NEVER!

Glad the curly haired welsh **** got sacked! NEVER forgive him for scoring THAT goal in 94. Sad team lost a crap boss. Shame they suited each other!

City, regardless of money spent, will always be laughing stock!

Went to watch them yesterday (my dad is a city fan) cracking game but they cannot defend for Toffee. I swear Greagan could have done a job for them in defence.

Went to watch them yesterday (my dad is a city fan) cracking game but they cannot defend for Toffee. I swear Greagan could have done a job for them in defence.

Probably true. However they stupidly got rid of a premier league 'Gregan' in Richard Dunne, as thier chief exec Gary Cook put it.. "Beacuse Richard Dunne doesnt sell shirts in the far east."

Well done city. I've no time for hughes, but he was fundamentally trying to change a club with a losing mentality from the ground up. In comes Mancini, speaks no English, unemployed for a year (and the last two jobs he was linked with was QPR and Notts County!), and his 'history of Winning' - well one of those italian titles was given to him in the match fixing scandal, and two of the others were when AC and Juve were heavily penalised. Sacked from Inter as he couldnt cut it in the big games and bottled it in europe.

Brilliant. Well done city. Sign another lot of has been mercaneries, and then you can always get a new manager in June.

City and Liverpool - Laughing stocks. Fantastic. :)

i feel for him but glad we not like man city who love stabing boss behide their back LOL

Yeah cos we've NEVER done that have we? :grin:

Gary Cook is one of the reasons I want this City 'project' to collapse in the kind of comical heap only befitting of the Big Top. He really is a :censored:.

Mancini is a strange choice. More or less an unknown quantiity as a manager.

Shall I start the ball rolling about this leading to the sale of Richards? :unsure:

Edit: Here's a thought ... Mancini spends £100m+ in January, City finish 8th, Liverpoo finish 7th, Benitez and Mancini sacked, Benitez takes over at the Big Top. :lol:

Edited by Zorrro

Edit: Here's a thought ... Mancini spends £100m+ in January, City finish 8th, Liverpoo finish 7th, Benitez and Mancini sacked, Benitez takes over at the Big Top. :lol:

I think If Mourinho's Inter fail to get past Chelsea in the next round of the Champions League, well then he will be out in italy... and a shoe in to end up at the big top or scumfield.

Tbh, I dont really want that to happen... as I wouldnt dislike either as much if he was in charge! (though with liverpool it would only be a change from absolute hatred to distinct loathing).

Mancini has signed a long term deal at Citeh. I've not checked but I think it's 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 year deal.

That means nothing if they don't finish in the top four. He's going to have to win matches straight away or he'll be under pressure. It seriously wouldn't surprise me in the least if City are looking for a new manager again in the summer.

Agreed Big Fin, I quite like the special one so I definitely wouldn't want to see him turn up at either City or the scouse scum.

Agreed Big Fin, I quite like the special one so I definitely wouldn't want to see him turn up at either City or the scouse scum.

Exactly. However I think Mourinho is biding his time. If he is out of work in the summer I think you might find him having another little holiday for while as there is probably only one english club he really wants to go to....

:devilish:

Probably true. However they stupidly got rid of a premier league 'Gregan' in Richard Dunne, as thier chief exec Gary Cook put it.. "Beacuse Richard Dunne doesnt sell shirts in the far east."

Well done city. I've no time for hughes, but he was fundamentally trying to change a club with a losing mentality from the ground up. In comes Mancini, speaks no English, unemployed for a year (and the last two jobs he was linked with was QPR and Notts County!), and his 'history of Winning' - well one of those italian titles was given to him in the match fixing scandal, and two of the others were when AC and Juve were heavily penalised. Sacked from Inter as he couldnt cut it in the big games and bottled it in europe.

Brilliant. Well done city. Sign another lot of has been mercaneries, and then you can always get a new manager in June.

City and Liverpool - Laughing stocks. Fantastic. :)

Love it :grin:

More interesting than this is the meltdown at Old Trafford. Could be interesting.

I wouldn't call a few injuries meltdown. It might mean they finish second or third instead of winning, but that's hardly a disaster on the scale of Liverpool's season.

The meltdown may come when Fergie retires. It'll be very difficult for the new manager - whoever he is - to carry on the momentum. And even just one season out of the Champions League could be pretty bloody painful with those interest repayments.

They will pay what's needed for the best manager available. They have to. The consequences of the next manager failing are just too big.

Why the Liverpool hating? Nearly 20 years working in Manchester! :lol:

Edited by garcon