Oldham Council Rubbish Collection

opinions4u

Does anybody have the faintest idea what I'm meant to do with my 3 weeks worth of waste food that is currenly frozen solid outside my back door?

I undertstand that conditions have limited the ability to collect in certain streets, so thought I'd use the wonders of the internet to identify what the powers that be locally are communicating to residents.

I found this on their web site.

Missed Collections due to the snow.

Refuse collections missed on Friday 18th December will now be collected on Monday 28th December

Refuse collections missed on Tuesday 22nd December will now be collected on Tuesday 29th December

Side waste (extra rubbish bags) placed out next to refuse bins in tied sacks will be taken away on this alternate collection day.

All missed recycling collections will not have an alternate collection. Residents are advised to put recycling containers plus any extras out on the next scheduled collection date on their calendar.

Green waste has now been suspended and will start again w/c 4th January

This information is correct as of the 23rd December. In event of more snow and disruption new information will be issued.

If somebody can find more recent information, feel free to point me in that direction.

As it stands, it's a poor show if the council is unable to put a notice on its web site to say to give some indication as to whether or not collections are possible.

Talk to the residents who pay your wages chaps. Please!

i work for the council bins via agency, the last 2 days all pick-ups ( food, paper and refuse ) have been getting picked up on there resective day's, so if your normal pick-up day is a friday providing the bin truck can get down your street all your waste from the last couple of weeks should be picked up.

Edited by blueblood

i work for the council bins via agency, the last 2 days all pick-ups ( food, paper and refuse ) have been getting picked up on there resective day's, so if your normal pick-up day is a friday providing the bin truck can get down your street all your waste from the last couple of weeks should be picked up.

Cheers for that. It's appreciated.

Perhaps a helpful little update on their web site would be a good idea! Feel free to use your wide reaching influence accordingly. :wink:

Edited by opinions4u

we have had nothing collected since the wednesday after xmas...

everything is piled up.

today the waste wagon stopped halfway up our street and just buggered off at around 1pm.

so half the street's rubbish was collected, half wasn't.

oh,our street finally saw some grit on the road for again,first time since just after xmas...bit late mind,its just thick ice now.

utter incompetence.

i'll pass your request on to ' the office ' , but by the time they update their website 90% of all waste will prob be picked up, the web site advise's people to do this , http://www.oldham.gov.uk/view_press_releas...CM/PR/CEO/01/10

but to be fair it does take a bit of finding, you can always call 0161 770 6644 for more up to date info

Edited by blueblood

i'll pass your request on to ' the office ' , but by the time they update their website 90% of all waste will prob be picked up, the web site advise's people to do this , http://www.oldham.gov.uk/view_press_releas...CM/PR/CEO/01/10

but to be fair it does take a bit of finding, you can always call 0161 770 6644 for more up to date info

lol thanks for that too.

Silly me.

Fancy looking in the "waste and recycling" pages for the info. Tut.

(but at least they are communicating a little better than I gave them credit for!).

we have had nothing collected since the wednesday after xmas...

everything is piled up.

today the waste wagon stopped halfway up our street and just buggered off at around 1pm.

so half the street's rubbish was collected, half wasn't.

oh,our street finally saw some grit on the road for again,first time since just after xmas...bit late mind,its just thick ice now.

utter incompetence.

jp call the number on my last post and they will send someone to pick up the missed collection providing they can get to your property

We've had no waste collection since Friday 18th December 2009, it is now Wednesday 13th January 2010 and I live on Rochdale Road the main road A671 (so no access problems whatsoever), you couldn't make it up.

Whats the procedure for witholding Council tax payments for services clearly not received?

We've had no waste collection since Friday 18th December 2009, it is now Wednesday 13th January 2010 and I live on Rochdale Road the main road A671 (so no access problems whatsoever), you couldn't make it up.

Whats the procedure for withholding Council tax payments for services clearly not received?

You don't pay. They send you to jail.

I'm not sure why people are getting so uptight about a hard situation being managed to a low extent by a small bunch of underpaid and undermotivated staff who have no money to avoid the situation in the first place.

If I lived in Oldham I'd be more worried about Trading Standards spunking £4M on cases they were never going to win.

I'm not sure why people are getting so uptight about a hard situation being managed to a low extent by a small bunch of underpaid and undermotivated staff who have no money to avoid the situation in the first place.

If I lived in Oldham I'd be more worried about Trading Standards spunking £4M on cases they were never going to win.

well you don't, so move along preacherman..no one cares.

Council staff are paid more, work less hours, have more holidays and better pension schemes than comparable workers in the private sector. If they are not sufficiently motivated to do their jobs, there are several million people out of work who might give it a shot in place of them.

I've got nearly 6 weeks worth of rubbish outside mine, and to make matters worse I share a wheelie bin with my neighbour after my other neighbour stole mine when he moved out (it was a small price to pay, the crazy :censored:). As a result of that, when they brought the additional recycling bins we only got one between two again, so we're struggling more than most. :ranting: I'm not complaining though given the weather, but it would be nice to get some indication of when and how they will be sorting it. Otherwise I'll be taking my rubbish down to the Civic Centre and dumping it on the steps, again, though this time without any leaving any mobile phone bills or similar documentation amongst it. :blush:

Council staff are paid more, work less hours, have more holidays and better pension schemes than comparable workers in the private sector. If they are not sufficiently motivated to do their jobs, there are several million people out of work who might give it a shot in place of them.

I'm surprised the various County Hall's around the land haven't got queues of people lining up to apply for jobs then.

Council workers get paid peanuts (I presume the other comparable workers in this hypothesis are minimum wage jobs). Anything other than Council minimum wage type jobs (which they have upped to £5 an hour) are well underpaid.

Holidays you make sound like are 100 a year. I'd guess it'd average about 25 + 8 bank holidays = 33 days. So a week more off than the minimum legal entitlement.

Pension schemes is why people work for Councils as they are acers.

I'm yet to see these millions beating down the door for the overpaid social work jobs.

I'm surprised the various County Hall's around the land haven't got queues of people lining up to apply for jobs then.

Council workers get paid peanuts (I presume the other comparable workers in this hypothesis are minimum wage jobs). Anything other than Council minimum wage type jobs (which they have upped to £5 an hour) are well underpaid.

Holidays you make sound like are 100 a year. I'd guess it'd average about 25 + 8 bank holidays = 33 days. So a week more off than the minimum legal entitlement.

Pension schemes is why people work for Councils as they are acers.

I'm yet to see these millions beating down the door for the overpaid social work jobs.

If these council jobs are so bad and so poorly paid, why don't these employees get out of these hellhole council's and get jobs in the private sector? :mmm:<_<

Edited by Hometownclub

If these council jobs are so bad and so poorly paid, why don't these employees get out of these hellhole council's and get jobs in the private sector? :mmm:<_<

Because at the peanuts paid they are the underqualified monkeys hired for the positions, hence why services are :censored:, roads are crap and dead people keep showing up all over the show.