The big Five Ooo = 50

So 25 points from the first 23 games. Double that and you get 50 points from 23.

If we manage that we finish on a magic 75 points which should give us a good chance of a play off place. Personally though i think we'd need 78.

17 Wins 2 Draws 4 Defeats.

Right so where is everything going to come from i hear you shout? Well lets take a delve into the fixture list.

Wed 20 19:45 H Tranmere

Sat 23 15:00 H Millwall

Sat 30 15:00 H Brentford

So the month of January, sees 3 home games, against 2 serious strugglers, and a side that cant do very well away. 9 points are a must here, against poor teams, alll at home, chance of momentum. Big games, easy points.

February

Tue 2 19:45 A Stockport FL1

Sat 6 15:00 A Tranmere FL1

Tue 9 19:45 A Swindon Town FL1

Sat 13 15:00 H Walsall FL1

Sat 20 15:00 A Colchester FL1

Tue 23 19:45 A Leeds United FL1

Sat 27 15:00 H Norwich City FL1

Well wow! What a busy month. 3 Tuesday games, 7 games in total, in the shortest month of the year. Lets asses the home games. Walsall and Norwich. Walsall struggle on the road, we normally do well on the whole against them, so i see this as winnable, followed by Norwich at home, a big club, big clubs struggle at BP, this is winnable but after Soton, ill play safe and put this down as a draw. Now onto the away games. Well what a nice set we have. Stockport & Tranmere two grounds that are big derbies and two teams that are in the bottom four. 6 points should be given to us here nothing less expected. A win is due at Swindon, and under DP we are good at ending this type of records, so a win here should come with a hard fought 1-0 away win. We'll visit Leeds for our annual 3 points, which leaves Colchester. We got a good draw there last year so i'm hopeful, but under Aidy B they've been strong, expect us to lose here which is acceptable.

March

Sat 6 15:00 A Exeter City FL1

Tue 9 19:45 H Leyton Orient FL1

Sat 13 15:00 H Wycombe FL1

Sat 20 15:00 H Brighton FL1

Sat 27 15:00 A Southampton FL1

What a good month March is to us. 3 home games against sides in the bottom 6/7, again another easy 9 points, which the advantage of them being in a row. Away trips see us visit a very poor Exeter side, that we even managed to beat last side of Christmas, 3 points there, and a defeat at Southampton im afriad is to expected given there recent form.

April

Sat 3 15:00 H Gillingham FL1

Tue 6 19:45 A Huddersfield FL1

Sat 10 15:00 H Bristol Rovers FL1

Tue 13 19:45 A MK Dons FL1

Sat 17 15:00 A Carlisle FL1

Sat 24 15:00 H Southend FL1

So onto April. Home games, see us entertain Gillingham who cant win away for toffee such an easy 3 points there, same with Bristol Rovers, with no Lambert they are nothing, another good moral boasting home win. Southend at home, Tilly's men will be fighting to stay up, they'll come here and shock us big time with a late goal to nick all 3 points. Tough Tuesday night game at Huddersfield will see us lose a scrappy game, cant see past it given Hudds home record. MK Dons, we'll win there with ease, they are faltering badly, losing players, finances in trouble, and after last season Dux will want revenge. Finishing the month on the road with a trip to our bogey ground which is Carlisle, we'll batter them though, but the bogey will strike again as we have to settle for another draw up norf.

May

Sat 1 15:00 A Yeovil Town FL1

Sat 8 15:00 H Charlton FL1

By this time we'll be right in the mix, a full house at BP will see us dispatch of Charlton, who will have nothing to play for after securing there play off spot the week before, given our form, a trip to Yeovil will see us pull off one of the best performances of the season in an easy away win, given there record at winning at home it should be a formality.

So looking at it in detail, we still have a chance of the play-offs and when put down into chunks, it doesn't look that hard, we have room for error with 4 defeats, so why not. Abbott & Taylor fully fit, we're raring to go!

As the manager said at the start of the season, let's get to 54 points (i.e. safety) and take it from there. Much as predicting results is fun, all we can really say is that with 25 points from 23 games, we need to improve that return slightly from the next 23 games to stay up. I predict inconsistency in our results rather than perpetual gloom, no doubt beating a few play-off contenders and losing to a few relegation candidates.

If Orient win, we could be in the bottom four, for the first time in a very very long time. Lets just hope we can get out of it. Once in it, its hard to get out of it, once of the greatest quotes i ever heard Barry Fry say. Worrying times if they win tonight especially with 3 tough away games looming in just over 2 weeks time.

So looking at it in detail, we still have a chance of the play-offs and when put down into chunks, it doesn't look that hard, we have room for error with 4 defeats, so why not. Abbott & Taylor fully fit, we're raring to go!

Talk about split personalities :petesake:

So 25 points from the first 23 games. Double that and you get 50 points from 23.

If we manage that we finish on a magic 75 points which should give us a good chance of a play off place. Personally though i think we'd need 78.

17 Wins 2 Draws 4 Defeats.

Right so where is everything going to come from i hear you shout? Well lets take a delve into the fixture list.

Wed 20 19:45 H Tranmere

Sat 23 15:00 H Millwall

Sat 30 15:00 H Brentford

So the month of January, sees 3 home games, against 2 serious strugglers, and a side that cant do very well away. 9 points are a must here, against poor teams, alll at home, chance of momentum. Big games, easy points.

February

Tue 2 19:45 A Stockport FL1

Sat 6 15:00 A Tranmere FL1

Tue 9 19:45 A Swindon Town FL1

Sat 13 15:00 H Walsall FL1

Sat 20 15:00 A Colchester FL1

Tue 23 19:45 A Leeds United FL1

Sat 27 15:00 H Norwich City FL1

Well wow! What a busy month. 3 Tuesday games, 7 games in total, in the shortest month of the year. Lets asses the home games. Walsall and Norwich. Walsall struggle on the road, we normally do well on the whole against them, so i see this as winnable, followed by Norwich at home, a big club, big clubs struggle at BP, this is winnable but after Soton, ill play safe and put this down as a draw. Now onto the away games. Well what a nice set we have. Stockport & Tranmere two grounds that are big derbies and two teams that are in the bottom four. 6 points should be given to us here nothing less expected. A win is due at Swindon, and under DP we are good at ending this type of records, so a win here should come with a hard fought 1-0 away win. We'll visit Leeds for our annual 3 points, which leaves Colchester. We got a good draw there last year so i'm hopeful, but under Aidy B they've been strong, expect us to lose here which is acceptable.

March

Sat 6 15:00 A Exeter City FL1

Tue 9 19:45 H Leyton Orient FL1

Sat 13 15:00 H Wycombe FL1

Sat 20 15:00 H Brighton FL1

Sat 27 15:00 A Southampton FL1

What a good month March is to us. 3 home games against sides in the bottom 6/7, again another easy 9 points, which the advantage of them being in a row. Away trips see us visit a very poor Exeter side, that we even managed to beat last side of Christmas, 3 points there, and a defeat at Southampton im afriad is to expected given there recent form.

April

Sat 3 15:00 H Gillingham FL1

Tue 6 19:45 A Huddersfield FL1

Sat 10 15:00 H Bristol Rovers FL1

Tue 13 19:45 A MK Dons FL1

Sat 17 15:00 A Carlisle FL1

Sat 24 15:00 H Southend FL1

So onto April. Home games, see us entertain Gillingham who cant win away for toffee such an easy 3 points there, same with Bristol Rovers, with no Lambert they are nothing, another good moral boasting home win. Southend at home, Tilly's men will be fighting to stay up, they'll come here and shock us big time with a late goal to nick all 3 points. Tough Tuesday night game at Huddersfield will see us lose a scrappy game, cant see past it given Hudds home record. MK Dons, we'll win there with ease, they are faltering badly, losing players, finances in trouble, and after last season Dux will want revenge. Finishing the month on the road with a trip to our bogey ground which is Carlisle, we'll batter them though, but the bogey will strike again as we have to settle for another draw up norf.

May

Sat 1 15:00 A Yeovil Town FL1

Sat 8 15:00 H Charlton FL1

By this time we'll be right in the mix, a full house at BP will see us dispatch of Charlton, who will have nothing to play for after securing there play off spot the week before, given our form, a trip to Yeovil will see us pull off one of the best performances of the season in an easy away win, given there record at winning at home it should be a formality.

After you said we will get 9 points in the jan games i gave up. Millwall will be a draw at most

we could be in the bottom four, for the first time in a very very long time. Lets just hope we can get out of it.

We were in the bottom 4 with 87 minutes of the season left on 7/5/2005, is that late enough in the season for you?

5 ' ish ?

Out of them 4 games, i would hope for 3 or 4 points. More realistically would be 2

id take anything from those four to be honest. we're past the time when playing a a bigger team meant a better performance and i hope im proved wrong but these teams look too strong for the division

id take anything from those four to be honest. we're past the time when playing a a bigger team meant a better performance and i hope im proved wrong but these teams look too strong for the division

I reckon we could just snatch one win from them games.

2 Draws more likely tho