We're not going to Wembley. BUT just wait until 8th May at 15:00 before getting worried or making ludicrous suggestions.

Tonight was crap. But there's a long way to go in the season yet. There's no point in getting worked up as it will contribute nothing to the on field matters. Let the staff do their thing, week in week out until the end of the season and then whatever happens the buck stops with them.

The "We're going down!" cries are completely unfounded, it's January. We're 3 points off 13th with a game in hand. Which if we win we'll only be 3 points safer than we are now, but we'll look a whole lot healthier position wise. You see how league positions can be deceiving? 13th isn't much safer from the relegation zone points wise at the moment. Which will show you how many crap teams there are in this league at the moment. If we were in the relegation zone by 5 or more points and 10 or so points off the mid table teams I'd understand all this worrying but we're 4 points off 12th with two games in hand.

All this worrying is a bit premature. I'll wait until we're getting turned over week in week out and we're firmly slumped in the relegation zone with a mountain to climb to get out of it before slitting my wrists and writing sad poems on MySpace.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

We're not going to Wembley. BUT just wait until 8th May at 15:00 before getting worried or making ludicrous suggestions.

Tonight was crap. But there's a long way to go in the season yet. There's no point in getting worked up as it will contribute nothing to the on field matters. Let the staff do their thing, week in week out until the end of the season and then whatever happens the buck stops with them.

The "We're going down!" cries are completely unfounded, it's January. We're 3 points off 13th with a game in hand. Which if we win we'll only be 3 points safer than we are now, but we'll look a whole lot healthier position wise. You see how league positions can be deceiving? If we were in the relegation zone by 5 or more points and 10 or so points off the mid table teams I'd understand all this worrying but we're 4 points off 12th with two games in hand.

All this worrying is a bit premature. I'll wait until we're getting turned over week in week out and we're firmly slumped in the relegation zone with a mountain to climb to get out of it before slitting my wrists and writing sad poems on MySpace.

Yes but surely the idea is to stop the rot before we get ourselves in such a position!?!?

The "We're going down!" cries are completely unfounded, it's January. We're 3 points off 13th with a game in hand. Which if we win we'll only be 3 points safer than we are now, but we'll look a whole lot healthier position wise. You see how league positions can be deceiving? If we were in the relegation zone by 5 or more points and 10 or so points off the mid table teams I'd understand all this worrying but we're 4 points off 12th with two games in hand.

Have you seen the home performances this season?

Be worried...be very worried!

Unfounded? We are in relagation zone, game in hand or not. We are in a shocking run of form, don't look like scoring, don't really attempt to win games and have a clueless manager.

How the :censored: are the shouts of 'We are going down' unfounded?

Edited by Markoasis
swearing

Yes but surely the idea is to stop the rot before we get ourselves in such a position!?!?

Which we have every chance of doing. If we win out next two games we'll be up to 15th or so I'd imagine and people will be thinking "Mid-table finish looms".....but just as quickly we could lose the four matches after that and be back in the same position. The league position at the bottom of the table at the moment (other than Stockport and Wycombe) bear no reflection on how the season will finish. Hartlepool could find themselves dragged down come the end of the season. It's swings and roundabouts.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Unfounded? We are in relagation zone, game in hand or not. We are in a shocking run of form, don't look like scoring, don't really attempt to win games and have a clueless manager.

How the ---- are the shouts of 'We are going down' unfounded?

Last season after 24 games the team that was 21st was Leyton Orient on 22 points.

They finished 14th with 46 points.

Too early, table doesn't mean ---- as far we are concerned just yet. That's the difference between the two ends of the table. When you're racing to go up you have to get as many points as possible and be on form for most of the season and everytime you drop points it's more costly because the teams around you aren't the crap ones and are picking them up more often than not. To stay up you need to win a few games here and there and just be not as shít as 4 other teams in the division. Far too early to worry.

Edited by pdw76
Bad Language

Which we have every chance of doing. If we win out next two games we'll be up to 15th or so I'd imagine and people will be thinking "Mid-table finish looms".....but just as quickly we could lose the four matches after that and be back in the same position. The league position at the bottom of the table at the moment (other than Stockport and Wycombe) bear no reflection on how the season will finish. Hartlepool could find themselves dragged down come the end of the season. It's swings and roundabouts.

Not the time for unbridled optimism imo, we blew 2 points away to a 10 man team that we had battered for 80 minutes, we blew a great chance tonight against more pisspoor opposition.

Penney will take us down, we are past setting out not to lose games, we need to go for the jugular and barely got out of our own half in the first half an hour - a decent side would have destroyed us tonight. Which I fully expect Millwall to do on Saturday...

Teams get relegated mostly not because they lose 20 or so games it is the fact they draw too many games that they should have won or that were winnable.

And relegated teams usually struggle to score goals - 19 in 24 games is relegation fodder, failing to score in 12 games out of 24 is deplorable...

Edited by oafcprozac

But the problem is we are as ---- if not ------- than all other teams

I'm not so sure about that, until we play our game in hand there's at least 3 teams below us who are worse than us and 5 teams above us who are worse. Because if we win our game in hand(s) we could leapfrog 5 teams.

I'm not so sure about that, until we play our game in hand there's at least 3 teams below us who are worse than us and 5 teams above us who are worse. Because if we win our game in hand(s) we could leapfrog 5 teams.

We had games in hand in 93/94 and 89/90 how did that turn out?

No substitute for points in the bag although with this lot I fear it would make little difference. We need a mimimum of 8 wins to stay up I reckon. 8 wins from 22, can we do it? I reckon no! We only won 11 in the whole of 2009...

Edited by oafcprozac

Who are these teams worse than us? Tranmere showed they aren't worse than us tonite. They may be below us but that is due to their start of the season. Lookin at the 2 clubs form they will be above us before too long. We couldn't beat Wycombe, we didn't even beat Stockport on the first day, so who are these teams who are worse than us?