even if we go down I don't want rid of Penney

for the record, I don't think we will go down but, if it happens.........

.....part of the problem for me at the moment is that there are very few amongst the players and management who have any affinity with the club.

A lot of the players don't seem to give a :censored: but, then again, why would they, yet?

They've only been here 5 minutes and most of that time has been as enjoyable for them as it has for us. :unsure:

Same goes for Penney, Gray & Collett.

I wasn't calling for Sheridans head when he went but, when he went, I kind of agreed with the decision.

Now, in hindsight, I would have kept him - he could have cleared out the disruptive influences (other than himself :grin: ), learnt from his latest mistakes and kicked on this season or maybe next season or the one after that. Point being, he would have got there, eventually.

Like Royle did.

Yes, it was truly awful last night but, you build football teams and you build them from the back - even with a crap keeper we're looking quite good in that department already.

Give him time! As much of it as Royle got.

Even if we go down.

Again, I don't think we will but if we do, let's not FFS get rid of a manager whose main achievement is getting out of that very league!

Sick of watching a team of strangers.

A year or two from now with a few Hudds/Everton/Leeds aways under ours and their belts they'll like us, we'll like them, they'll feel like Oldham players, we'll consider them & treat them like Oldham players and maybe, just maybe we'll finally get out of this godforsaken division!

for the record, I don't think we will go down but, if it happens.........

.....part of the problem for me at the moment is that there are very few amongst the players and management who have any affinity with the club.

A lot of the players don't seem to give a :censored: but, then again, why would they, yet?

They've only been here 5 minutes and most of that time has been as enjoyable for them as it has for us. :unsure:

Same goes for Penney, Gray & Collett.

I wasn't calling for Sheridans head when he went but, when he went, I kind of agreed with the decision.

Now, in hindsight, I would have kept him - he could have cleared out the disruptive influences (other than himself :grin: ), learnt from his latest mistakes and kicked on this season or maybe next season or the one after that. Point being, he would have got there, eventually.

Like Royle did.

Yes, it was truly awful last night but, you build football teams and you build them from the back - even with a crap keeper we're looking quite good in that department already.

Give him time! As much of it as Royle got.

Even if we go down.

Again, I don't think we will but if we do, let's not FFS get rid of a manager whose main achievement is getting out of that very league!

Sick of watching a team of strangers.

A year or two from now with a few Hudds/Everton/Leeds aways under ours and their belts they'll like us, we'll like them, they'll feel like Oldham players, we'll consider them & treat them like Oldham players and maybe, just maybe we'll finally get out of this godforsaken division!

Good post. I think the unfortunate thing is, some of our 'fans' made their mind up on Penney a long time ago (unreasonably at the time I think, as they hadn't been given enough time when these decisions were made) and would rather say "I told you so" for the club to be relegated than stay up.

The tide turned with Ronnie Moore. I don't believe he should have been sacked whatsoever. Yeah, the football wasnt good to watch, but it got results. By the TTA giving in to fans and sacking him, they dug their grave then by passing power over to these 'fans' who would have a new manager a season if it was down to them, and think they can now at the click of a finger..

Regarding Sheridan, I think he had to go at the time, but in hindsight, should have now stayed. Everyone thought "Big Joe" would sort out what happenned on the pitch and when it didn't, it illustrated the problems lie much deeper.

Definitely need to stick with a manager and give them the time and the chance, and after being Penney In, my patience is wearing thin with him. He doesn't have the excuse that its "not his squad" because the majority of signings have come from him. I genuinely hope he turns it round, but if he doesn't in the next 3-4 games, I think he will be gone.

Good post. I think the unfortunate thing is, some of our 'fans' made their mind up on Penney a long time ago (unreasonably at the time I think, as they hadn't been given enough time when these decisions were made) and would rather say "I told you so" for the club to be relegated than stay up.

Good post... Erm no... Manager takes club down and keeps job ? :petesake:

I was unimpressed with Penneys appointment and there is a bit of told you so in me at the moment but to say anyone would rather be proved right over the club staying up is a tad insulting.

The tide turned with Ronnie Moore. I don't believe he should have been sacked whatsoever. Yeah, the football wasnt good to watch, but it got results. By the TTA giving in to fans and sacking him, they dug their grave then by passing power over to these 'fans' who would have a new manager a season if it was down to them, and think they can now at the click of a finger..

+1 Agreed...

Regarding Sheridan, I think he had to go at the time, but in hindsight, should have now stayed. Everyone thought "Big Joe" would sort out what happenned on the pitch and when it didn't, it illustrated the problems lie much deeper.

I wish more people would now start to acknowledge how wrong they where regarding shez. Was the most stupid sacking in the history of the club.

Definitely need to stick with a manager and give them the time and the chance, and after being Penney In, my patience is wearing thin with him. He doesn't have the excuse that its "not his squad" because the majority of signings have come from him. I genuinely hope he turns it round, but if he doesn't in the next 3-4 games, I think he will be gone.

We should of stuck with Shez ( 3 play off attempts) or Moore ( two seasons of progression) but not with a manager that has take us to the relegation zone. I agree with the idea of sticking with a manager but Penney is not the one. The two before would of been a good idea...

don't care.

Penney with a settled squad would give us more chance of bouncing straight back than A N Other with a load more new faces and a load more upheaval.

The key words you use here are settled squad a big part of the problem now and what cost sheridan his job was bringing in unfit loan players who were strangers to the way we play.

This policy of multiple loan players needs addressing you wouldn't start a job an expect to know everything by the end of the week yet with this loan system that is what we are doing with the players we bring in. Take Goodwin he was making ample runs on the overlap last night and knowone spotted him at all becaus they don't know how he plays in that position. Their was another time when a ball came forward to him instead of bringing the ball down and looking up he just hit it forward aimlessly. I remember a few years ago Paul scholes said he knew when to time his runs into the box becasue when the ball was laid onto Gary Neville he would cross it first time. David Beckham would take one touch and knock it in where Ryan Giggs first instinct was to beat a man then cross. Thats what happens when you know the players around you most of our lot are on different wavelengths.

Bringing in to many loan players who's long term or even medium term future maybe elsewhere is not beneficial to the long term future of our club. Plus from a fans point of view we can't build a rapport with players that are here today and gone tomorrow It was in Paul Warnes 2nd season that people really took to him he had won the fans respect by then he was also playing in a side which had come together and knew each other.