A Call to Arms

Last night emotions ran high, but when you take some of that out of it, it is very interesting and I beleive and action plan can come out of this.

3 posts stood out for me.

Looker87 inviting the vision

oafc0000 pleading to be sold the vision of Failsworth

Barry stating tht working with the TTA was the way to get things done- best post i have seen from Barry.

This I agree with, but is does cause difficuly with those that want an audit role.

And overall the view of what the trust is there for.

I have summaraised the points made by posters but taken out the emotion and left out some of the pesonal coments or the witty ones. These are at the bottom

However, the points can be distilled into some main categroes:

Trust

Clarity of purpose isaught. The fans policeman/watchdog or working with the board. (Personally a mixture of both)

What help does the Trust need

Better website- (Peronnal comment-minutes of meetings etc)

Clarity on who does what

More details from Barry about what activity actions he id satking as Trust Chairman and fans rep

More communication from Barry as Fans rep, maybe Barry's blog

Open elections

TTA

More details on stadium

The plans timetable

THe self financing aspect of the Failsworth project (presumably more will be revealed with the plans

Some vision (PR company?)

Transparency of finance (for reasurance) Diego has revelaed some but maybe more formally

Is investment being actively aought

View of the managers performance-though that has been given

Clear communication the TTA are wanted by many, and not use this as an excuse for exit

From Vote page

oafcprozac Yesterday, 20:55 PM

Just someone able to communicate and articulate both positive and negative feedback to the club. not just his own opinions but those of his fellow supporters.

oafc0000 Yesterday, 20:58 PM

I am prepared to back the trust if things change and it has clear objectives and proper elections etc.

A proper website is key to this

I feel allowing fans to vote on issues properly.

Dave_Og Yesterday, 21:00 PM

Can someone post a link to its constitution and also confirm what, if any, guarantees were given in exchange for its investment in the club?

oafc0000 Yesterday, 21:51 PM

... Have the trust got a list of active members ?

Takemeanywhere Yesterday, 22:01 PM

Anyone help with membership

garcon Yesterday, 22:03 PM

I still have no acknowledgement of my membership, nor (to my knowledge) do the Trust have any way of contacting me directly to inform me of AGMs, elections and the like.

opinions4u Yesterday, 22:03 PM

There is a case, on that basis, for the successful candidate to step down and stand for election again - in a well publicised event!

oafc0000 Yesterday, 22:12 PM

What is his name ? (Membership Director

oafc0000 Yesterday, 22:14 PM

I have some time and considering I am a web developer by trade, I really could help.

(doubts about popularity, and others helping)

tangerinedreams Yesterday, 22:48 PM

To oafc000 who has child on way.

thought I would mention, he is a disabled chap with possibly more time on his hands than you, I don't know maybe you could work incognito or something just to split the workload.. (0000 admits negative to true.)

From Get Real thread

johnny punkster Yesterday, 18:36 PM

are the owners :

1.ACTIVELY seeking other parties for new injections of cash?

2.ACTIVELY seeking the right buyers at the right price?

oafcprozac Yesterday, 18:43 PM

perhaps you should concentrate on being a club director and allow someone else to Chair the Trust, by relinquishing control perhaps the Trust

boboafc Yesterday, 18:43 PM

my question is why the diectors won't come on owtb and put down their point of view of what is happening on and off the pitch ,and are they happy the way penney is managing the team

jorvik_latic Yesterday, 19:09 PM

You should be more visible as the 'fans representative' and not fleeting visits

leeslover Yesterday, 19:35 PM

Once again though - it would be in everyone's interest if the Trust was investigating these concerns and showing that it was acting as a watchdog for us rather than a bludgeon to silence dissent

garcon Yesterday, 19:56 PM

You appear to be acting as the mouthpiece of the owners, not the mouthpiece of the fans. I always thought the Trust's role was to protect the long term interests of the club, especially when fans and Trust members have expressed doubt as to whether the current owners are acting in those best interests

Stevie_J Yesterday, 20:06 PM

Perhaps you should post as fans' representative first and foremost, ahead of your position as club director.

oafc0000 Yesterday, 20:15 PM

The role of chairman of the trust and fan on the board is not one that should be held by the same person.

Omar Don't Scare Yesterday, 20:23 PM

As for TTA - how will they ever recoup monies they invested?

Dave_Og Yesterday, 20:43 PM

What is the trust for? Anyone?

Ricardo Yesterday, 21:14 PM

Also maybe you would be appreciated a little more if your only visible appearances were to slag of the supporters whom are the people you should be encouraging more to come through the turnstiles. Your general negative attitude is not encouraging for the casual or regular fans - try and use the carrot rather than the stick it works a hell of a lot better.

GlossopLatic Yesterday, 21:19 PM

1 - when will we see the plans for failsworth?

2- Is their money available to bring in permanent new signings before the end of this months deadline?

Dave_Og Yesterday, 21:23 PM

I don't understand why you think the two roles are divisible.

opinions4u Yesterday, 21:28 PM

I just hope it's not to give TTA an escape route based on "the fans don't want us anymore".

RobOAFC Yesterday, 21:39 PM

Do you ever post as trust chairman?

In the middle of the proposed move, YOU should be in the thick of it all, getting fans opinions and passing them onto TTA then their responses and passing it on to us fans, not acting as a board director.

Dave_Og Yesterday, 22:05 PM

When you say that you are posting with one speciifc hat on are you saying that the conflict doesn't exist or that it is unmanageable?

This is an honest question. My job involves making sure that conflicts are managed or on the occasions that they can't be disclosing their nature and explaining the position.

oafc0000 Yesterday, 22:30 PM

I plea to NewYorkBoss... I know you will read this...

Talk to the fans... Sell Failsworth to us... Sell your idea for the future to us... Put the plans up and win us over! If it IS right for the club myself and others will FREELY admit it and back it

Barryowen Yesterday, 22:42 PM

I serve the fans interest more than you can believe Leeslover and many of you make general comments about my input without any foundation or evidence to the contrary.

Perhaps you would like to come onboard to do some work and view for yourself

GeorgeHarveyBone Yesterday, 22:54 PM

are you going to tell us what you think has changed in seven years other than us 'still having a club to support?'

Barryowen Yesterday, 23:09 PM

best approach because confidence is gained in any organisation by having constuctive and meaningful relationships.If the Trust conducted itself as some people would like the club would merely find way of leaving me "out of the loop." and rightly so.We have gained some respect and confidence by our approach and we have to be careful like many Trusts around the country that we are not merely tolerated.

Macca Yesterday, 23:28 PM

REPRESENT THE FANS BARRY!!!!

garcon Yesterday, 23:53 PM

newyorkboss, your fans representative appears to be laying down an ultimatum from yourselves. Either we're with you all the way or we're against you. I'm still hopeful that he has horribly misrepresented your position, because such an ultimatum will simply turn lots of diehard fans with valid concerns into ex-fans

lookers87 Today, 00:08 AM

do however feel I have a right to ask a question as to whether the manager is going to be given time and the resources are being put into (not just the team) but replacing the chief scout and what progress the development squad players (and the hungarians) are making. Are we likely to see any of them soon?

Where is the new vision, where is the vision?

I'd like to see someone raise their heads and let me know where we are all going

Last night emotions ran high, but when you take some of that out of it, it is very interesting and I beleive and action plan can come out of this.

3 posts stood out for me.

Looker87 inviting the vision

oafc0000 pleading to be sold the vision of Failsworth

Barry stating tht working with the TTA was the way to get things done- best post i have seen from Barry.

This I agree with, but is does cause difficuly with those that want an audit role.

And overall the view of what the trust is there for.

I have summaraised the points made by posters but taken out the emotion and left out some of the pesonal coments or the witty ones. These are at the bottom

However, the points can be distilled into some main categroes:

Trust

Clarity of purpose isaught. The fans policeman/watchdog or working with the board. (Personally a mixture of both)

What help does the Trust need

Better website- (Peronnal comment-minutes of meetings etc)

Clarity on who does what

More details from Barry about what activity actions he id satking as Trust Chairman and fans rep

More communication from Barry as Fans rep, maybe Barry's blog

Open elections

TTA

More details on stadium

The plans timetable

THe self financing aspect of the Failsworth project (presumably more will be revealed with the plans

Some vision (PR company?)

Transparency of finance (for reasurance) Diego has revelaed some but maybe more formally

Is investment being actively aought

View of the managers performance-though that has been given

Clear communication the TTA are wanted by many, and not use this as an excuse for exit

From Vote page

oafcprozac Yesterday, 20:55 PM

Just someone able to communicate and articulate both positive and negative feedback to the club. not just his own opinions but those of his fellow supporters.

oafc0000 Yesterday, 20:58 PM

I am prepared to back the trust if things change and it has clear objectives and proper elections etc.

A proper website is key to this

I feel allowing fans to vote on issues properly.

Dave_Og Yesterday, 21:00 PM

Can someone post a link to its constitution and also confirm what, if any, guarantees were given in exchange for its investment in the club?

oafc0000 Yesterday, 21:51 PM

... Have the trust got a list of active members ?

Takemeanywhere Yesterday, 22:01 PM

Anyone help with membership

garcon Yesterday, 22:03 PM

I still have no acknowledgement of my membership, nor (to my knowledge) do the Trust have any way of contacting me directly to inform me of AGMs, elections and the like.

opinions4u Yesterday, 22:03 PM

There is a case, on that basis, for the successful candidate to step down and stand for election again - in a well publicised event!

oafc0000 Yesterday, 22:12 PM

What is his name ? (Membership Director

oafc0000 Yesterday, 22:14 PM

I have some time and considering I am a web developer by trade, I really could help.

(doubts about popularity, and others helping)

tangerinedreams Yesterday, 22:48 PM

To oafc000 who has child on way.

thought I would mention, he is a disabled chap with possibly more time on his hands than you, I don't know maybe you could work incognito or something just to split the workload.. (0000 admits negative to true.)

From Get Real thread

johnny punkster Yesterday, 18:36 PM

are the owners :

1.ACTIVELY seeking other parties for new injections of cash?

2.ACTIVELY seeking the right buyers at the right price?

oafcprozac Yesterday, 18:43 PM

perhaps you should concentrate on being a club director and allow someone else to Chair the Trust, by relinquishing control perhaps the Trust

boboafc Yesterday, 18:43 PM

my question is why the diectors won't come on owtb and put down their point of view of what is happening on and off the pitch ,and are they happy the way penney is managing the team

jorvik_latic Yesterday, 19:09 PM

You should be more visible as the 'fans representative' and not fleeting visits

leeslover Yesterday, 19:35 PM

Once again though - it would be in everyone's interest if the Trust was investigating these concerns and showing that it was acting as a watchdog for us rather than a bludgeon to silence dissent

garcon Yesterday, 19:56 PM

You appear to be acting as the mouthpiece of the owners, not the mouthpiece of the fans. I always thought the Trust's role was to protect the long term interests of the club, especially when fans and Trust members have expressed doubt as to whether the current owners are acting in those best interests

Stevie_J Yesterday, 20:06 PM

Perhaps you should post as fans' representative first and foremost, ahead of your position as club director.

oafc0000 Yesterday, 20:15 PM

The role of chairman of the trust and fan on the board is not one that should be held by the same person.

Omar Don't Scare Yesterday, 20:23 PM

As for TTA - how will they ever recoup monies they invested?

Dave_Og Yesterday, 20:43 PM

What is the trust for? Anyone?

Ricardo Yesterday, 21:14 PM

Also maybe you would be appreciated a little more if your only visible appearances were to slag of the supporters whom are the people you should be encouraging more to come through the turnstiles. Your general negative attitude is not encouraging for the casual or regular fans - try and use the carrot rather than the stick it works a hell of a lot better.

GlossopLatic Yesterday, 21:19 PM

1 - when will we see the plans for failsworth?

2- Is their money available to bring in permanent new signings before the end of this months deadline?

Dave_Og Yesterday, 21:23 PM

I don't understand why you think the two roles are divisible.

opinions4u Yesterday, 21:28 PM

I just hope it's not to give TTA an escape route based on "the fans don't want us anymore".

RobOAFC Yesterday, 21:39 PM

Do you ever post as trust chairman?

In the middle of the proposed move, YOU should be in the thick of it all, getting fans opinions and passing them onto TTA then their responses and passing it on to us fans, not acting as a board director.

Dave_Og Yesterday, 22:05 PM

When you say that you are posting with one speciifc hat on are you saying that the conflict doesn't exist or that it is unmanageable?

This is an honest question. My job involves making sure that conflicts are managed or on the occasions that they can't be disclosing their nature and explaining the position.

oafc0000 Yesterday, 22:30 PM

I plea to NewYorkBoss... I know you will read this...

Talk to the fans... Sell Failsworth to us... Sell your idea for the future to us... Put the plans up and win us over! If it IS right for the club myself and others will FREELY admit it and back it

Barryowen Yesterday, 22:42 PM

I serve the fans interest more than you can believe Leeslover and many of you make general comments about my input without any foundation or evidence to the contrary.

Perhaps you would like to come onboard to do some work and view for yourself

GeorgeHarveyBone Yesterday, 22:54 PM

are you going to tell us what you think has changed in seven years other than us 'still having a club to support?'

Barryowen Yesterday, 23:09 PM

best approach because confidence is gained in any organisation by having constuctive and meaningful relationships.If the Trust conducted itself as some people would like the club would merely find way of leaving me "out of the loop." and rightly so.We have gained some respect and confidence by our approach and we have to be careful like many Trusts around the country that we are not merely tolerated.

Macca Yesterday, 23:28 PM

REPRESENT THE FANS BARRY!!!!

garcon Yesterday, 23:53 PM

newyorkboss, your fans representative appears to be laying down an ultimatum from yourselves. Either we're with you all the way or we're against you. I'm still hopeful that he has horribly misrepresented your position, because such an ultimatum will simply turn lots of diehard fans with valid concerns into ex-fans

lookers87 Today, 00:08 AM

do however feel I have a right to ask a question as to whether the manager is going to be given time and the resources are being put into (not just the team) but replacing the chief scout and what progress the development squad players (and the hungarians) are making. Are we likely to see any of them soon?

Where is the new vision, where is the vision?

I'd like to see someone raise their heads and let me know where we are all going

quailty post pal. im am getting more concerned by the day !