New Stadium may have undersoil heating!

Dear Sir / Madam,

In regards to the newly unveiled stadium designs, I would like to personally congratulate you on a well thought out design, considering all the major factors and minor such as the red bricks and windows, that will reflect our heritage.

Ultimately I would like to see all four corners filled in and a stadium capacity of 16,000 as would most Latics fans. But I have had a thought and what to enquire to whether or not this new stadium would incorporate under-soil heating?

It is a common fact that Boundary Park is at the mercy of Mother Nature and from recent match postponements, due to a frozen pitch I thought this could be a strong and suitable possibility, subject to available funding.

Yours Faithfully

Robert

And this is the reply I got from Alan Hardy:

Hi Robert

Thanks for your email

I personally would like to see undersoil heating installed I will be pushing for it to be included in the budget.

Regards

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive/Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

Will the car park and approach roads also have under-tarmac heating?

Because the elf'n'safety people won't allow games to go ahead unless they do.

Even premiership clubs have games postponed due to heavy snow..........undersoil heating will enable games like Brentford to go ahead during severe frost which is the most common factor during our normal winter.

Even premiership clubs have games postponed due to heavy snow..........undersoil heating will enable games like Brentford to go ahead during severe frost which is the most common factor during our normal winter.

Wigan and Arsenal have had perfectly playable pitches the winter, but the game called off because it's slippery outside.

I don't see the point of investing in undersoil heating if the game won't get played.

(Although if there is a shadow off the mainstand, perhaps a hot water pipe underneath the linesman's run would be an idea).