Parliamentary dissolution

Some smart money is saying that Parliament will be dissolved today, resulting in a general election some time in early April.

Not sure myself, but if it happens, it'll happen after PMQs, and after two Government statements - so at about 2.30 pm. It's not impossible.

I'm having trouble logging on to the William Hill website, which is probably saving me some dosh.

And the cost of having one nationwide election in April and another in May is considerable.

But we'll see.

:cardinal:

I doubt Gordon will give a toss about contesting the locals if he thinks he has a sniff at the General. Remember he bottled it from calling a snap election on the basis of one (rogue) poll soon after he got the job so it's not out of the question he will chance it on the basis of a couple of slightly decent ones now. The longer he waits the more chance he has to fine-tune his banana skin finding talents and seeing it all go to pot again. That said, I still expect it in May.

I doubt Gordon will give a toss about contesting the locals if he thinks he has a sniff at the General. Remember he bottled it from calling a snap election on the basis of one (rogue) poll soon after he got the job so it's not out of the question he will chance it on the basis of a couple of slightly decent ones now. The longer he waits the more chance he has to fine-tune his banana skin finding talents and seeing it all go to pot again. That said, I still expect it in May.

Not gonna happen. Good job I didn't get to place any bets.