Seasonal Debut

My first appearance of the season yesterday. I can't say I was optimistic and I suppose result wise that feeling was vindicated. I would say however that I came away in a slightly more positive mood as there were plenty of positives from that performance hard though it was to make any serious judgements on a game played on a pitch which woudl be considered sub-standard for a sunday league match.

Need to see who if anyone was at fault for the goal but Brill looked good to me. :censored: had a good game and further forward there were signs of Taylor's better form. When he went off, and it should have been ten minutes earlier as he was hobbling around the pitch, Colbeck brought a genuine threat.

The man of the match award op their keeper was the only logical choice but having said that he didn't actually make strings of stunning saves. It was more that he was just in the right place more or less all the time. And therein was the problem - lots of half chances but no tthat many really clear opportunities created.

My first appearance of the season yesterday. I can't say I was optimistic and I suppose result wise that feeling was vindicated. I would say however that I came away in a slightly more positive mood as there were plenty of positives from that performance hard though it was to make any serious judgements on a game played on a pitch which woudl be considered sub-standard for a sunday league match.

Need to see who if anyone was at fault for the goal but Brill looked good to me. :censored: had a good game and further forward there were signs of Taylor's better form. When he went off, and it should have been ten minutes earlier as he was hobbling around the pitch, Colbeck brought a genuine threat.

The man of the match award op their keeper was the only logical choice but having said that he didn't actually make strings of stunning saves. It was more that he was just in the right place more or less all the time. And therein was the problem - lots of half chances but no tthat many really clear opportunities created.

That is the problem at the moment - half chances and shots that invariably find the keeper or the post - lots of positives but still so frustrating as we could and should have got something from the game yesterday - :unsure: