just watched the reading -villa game and watching martin o'neill made me think "i wish our mr bad penney was more like him then our fans and players would have more confidence in themselfs rather than watching him utter motionless,passionless,and looking like a waxworks model"am i wrong or is that the nature of the man in which case he dos'nt belong here :blink:

just watched the reading -villa game and watching martin o'neill made me think "i wish our mr bad penney was more like him then our fans and players would have more confidence in themselfs rather than watching him utter motionless,passionless,and looking like a waxworks model"am i wrong or is that the nature of the man in which case he dos'nt belong here :blink:

Was speaking to a friend about this the other day...he is ultra professional granted but he rarely shows any fight or passion...he is a complete contrast to Sheridan who IMO was more suited to the management role here. Sure he may not have been professional but he was a winner....Penney seems to give teams too much respect IMO and his soft wet approach may be instilled into the team...

refound a fourfourtwo magazine from august and it had a season preview for this season. for oldham they said that penney is the right man for the job, this season is a season of transition and that he needs to rebuild pretty much everywhere.

i think he will stay for this season and he will keep us up. BUT, if we are given the same next season, he needs to go.

mind you, they said that southend would finish 2nd, norwich 15th and oldham 14th

Edited by oafc-latics

Was speaking to a friend about this the other day...he is ultra professional granted but he rarely shows any fight or passion...he is a complete contrast to Sheridan who IMO was more suited to the management role here. Sure he may not have been professional but he was a winner....Penney seems to give teams too much respect IMO and his soft wet approach may be instilled into the team...

if thats the reason then tta need to think long and hard about about his tenure at bp and come to the conclusion that the longer he stays at the helm the more the fans are going to vote with their feet and in business no paying customers =apathy and a lot of lost revenue