choose one. . .

Where do your loyalties lie?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose

• England to win the world cup but see latics relagated
    • Latics stay up but england yet again fail to do anything at the world cup

To be fair, England are only over-rated by the English. We'll get through the group stages (again) and then lose in the quarters on penalties (again). I'll watch England, but I'll be glad when they go out cos then I can concentrate on supporting Brasil.

As for Latics, I couldn't give a toss any more - it'll make little difference in the long run.

Picked England. Nothing to do with a few hundred pounds either.

Avoiding relegation this year is something that could easily be taken away next year with another poor season - however you can never take away winning a trophy.

The atmosphere in the country would be amazing and something I'd remember for the rest of my life.

Now if the choice was winning something with England vs winning something with Latics? Then its club over country.

To be fair, England are only over-rated by the English. We'll get through the group stages (again) and then lose in the quarters on penalties (again). I'll watch England, but I'll be glad when they go out cos then I can concentrate on supporting Brasil.

As for Latics, I couldn't give a toss any more - it'll make little difference in the long run.

MMMM you know you don't mean that or you wouldn't be trawling this board :wink:

True, true. I suppose it's more a case of "if not this season then next, or the one after that." Obviously I'll be much happier if we survive this time then actually kick on again rather than becoming perennial relegation battlers.

True, true. I suppose it's more a case of "if not this season then next, or the one after that." Obviously I'll be much happier if we survive this time then actually kick on again rather than becoming perennial relegation battlers.

I think it's the frustration of not really kicking on that's beginning to genuinly test the patience of long-standing latics fans. The odd half decent season in the last 15 or so seems scant reward.