Golfers Beware

As a golfer, I've noticed that occasionally the advertising banner on this site (Automated, and nothing to do with OWTB) shows a link to Golf Clubs Warehouse, who offer unbelievable deals on golf equipment. Unfortunately that is my point - please don't believe them.

GCW are well known distributors of copies rather than genuine articles, and whilst they are often very good copies you cannot register them with original manufacturers, most insurance companies won't pay out on claims for clubs bought from GCW, and selling them on could prove a nightmare.

I know there are a few golfers on OWTB, and the temptation to buy, for example, a £280 Ping Driver for less than £150 is always going to be high, but it really isn't worth it.

GCW's website FAQ's actually admit that the clubs aren't genuine, but only in a round about and confusing way.

Better to use the likes of Discount Golf at Bury, or American Golf at Heaton Park for genuine stuff - or you could support your local club's pro.

Be careful - a lot of these dodgy clubs now appear on Ebay too.

American Golf at Heaton Park - So it's not Nevada Bob's anymore? I used to work there 17 years ago.

Bloody Hell! had it been there that long?

No mate, AG closed their Ancoats shop in 2008 and took over and renamed Nevadas almost immediately after.

Not really sure who owns what anymore.

As a golfer, I've noticed that occasionally the advertising banner on this site (Automated, and nothing to do with OWTB) shows a link to Golf Clubs Warehouse, who offer unbelievable deals on golf equipment. Unfortunately that is my point - please don't believe them.

GCW are well known distributors of copies rather than genuine articles, and whilst they are often very good copies you cannot register them with original manufacturers, most insurance companies won't pay out on claims for clubs bought from GCW, and selling them on could prove a nightmare.

I know there are a few golfers on OWTB, and the temptation to buy, for example, a £280 Ping Driver for less than £150 is always going to be high, but it really isn't worth it.

GCW's website FAQ's actually admit that the clubs aren't genuine, but only in a round about and confusing way.

Better to use the likes of Discount Golf at Bury, or American Golf at Heaton Park for genuine stuff - or you could support your local club's pro.

Be careful - a lot of these dodgy clubs now appear on Ebay too.

Thanks for the notification... we will investigate if there is anyway to remove GCW from the advertising rotation, however like you point out it's something beyond our control and as a result, sadly, may not be something we can change.

Golfers beware: my old man will be smashing some new Titleist Pro V1s at your noggin on a course near you in the not too distant future…

I've discovered that the safest place to stand when your dad's teeing off is on the fairway :wink:

I can't understand why he's playing PV1's at the moment - at £3+ a ball it seems a lot of money to leather down Coal Pit Lane (He hit ANOTHER car last Friday again!! - Someone's gonna get killed soon, I tell ya!)