Do we ever have more than 5 shots on target

I'm sorry to say I'm a 'internet' supporter of the Latics since moving down south along time ago.

BUT looking at the match stats (I know doesn't tell you everything about a match) we never get more than 5 shots on target and Attempts is less than 10. How the heck are we to score goals. GOD only knows how Abbott has scored the amount he has.

I'm guessing we haven't a midfielder supporting the forwards (which I thought Taylor,Whittaker etc were attacking midfielders :shock: ) or are we just sitting back hoping for a set piece to score from?

Can someone tell me what going on?

I'm sorry to say I'm a 'internet' supporter of the Latics since moving down south along time ago.

BUT looking at the match stats (I know doesn't tell you everything about a match) we never get more than 5 shots on target and Attempts is less than 10. How the heck are we to score goals. GOD only knows how Abbott has scored the amount he has.

I'm guessing we haven't a midfielder supporting the forwards (which I thought Taylor,Whittaker etc were attacking midfielders :shock: ) or are we just sitting back hoping for a set piece to score from?

The problem with the 'shots on target' stat is that it does not tell you what type of shot it was - the one thing that really bugs me about our shooting yesterday is none of them can shoot!

Poorly struck, scuffed shooting, ball dragged wide - only Paw gave it a whack with the pen.

I can see your point but you must have a really bad memory, either that or didn't look things up properly, we had more than 5 shots on target less than a week ago against Leyton orient (I think the total was 8). We also had 6 shots on target against Norwich.

I'm not sure if its because we aren't creating a lot of chances or if its because some of our forwards struggle to hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Noticed last few weeks a lot of our shots on target seem to be straight at the keeper,classic sign of a side lacking confidence. Noticed a lot of players yesterday hiding when we fell behind, happens a lot when a side is on a bad run.

Only Gregan and Abbott seem to want to stand up and be counted.

The problem with the 'shots on target' stat is that it does not tell you what type of shot it was - the one thing that really bugs me about our shooting yesterday is none of them can shoot!

Poorly struck, scuffed shooting, ball dragged wide - only Paw gave it a whack with the pen.

Had a conversation with my son about this at the game yesterday, we got into a few good positions but the players were either reluctant to shoot or when they did they were terrible efforts.Surely putting your foot through the ball is a basic requirement for a professional footballer?

Had a conversation with my son about this at the game yesterday, we got into a few good positions but the players were either reluctant to shoot or when they did they were terrible efforts.Surely putting your foot through the ball is a basic requirement for a professional footballer?

Your son was spot on - shooting practice please DP :huh: