Sick of over zealous stewarding and policing?

We all know it doesn't just happen at BP........

Sit down, shut up

Thoughts?

Its a sad state of affairs that because of some actions of some islamists who have a different view of their holy book compared to most other islamists football fans can be treated like pariahs. Anti-terrorism laws destroyed the public's liberties and very few people stood up to them, the same anti-terror laws can now be interpreted against millions of the British public simply because they go to football games and the fools who instigated them (who depsite being all for equality forgot the equality of all) didn't put the requisite caveats into their laws which stopped them from being used for other things aside from anti-terrorism.

I'm all in favour of the guilty football fans who are responsible for organised violence being punished, and I'm sorry to say Oldham has a disproportionately large number of those compared to its fan base. No doubt a few of the black coats will read this- in which case I suggest you join the army god knows they need volunteers having being left out to dry by the same government which is forcing them to fight in a war which is illegal. That way you can commit some nice state sponsored violence against some of the people responsible for your liberties being taken away.

Its, however, a sad state of affairs that various non-law abiding members who are happy to throw dangerous missiles at one and other still exist whilst other law-abiding memebers (and those who don't break any law that causes harm to anyone else- I'm well aware my liking of the occassional magic coke is illegal, before someone chimes in with shouts of hypocrasy, however it's not when I watch Rugby) get punished. TBH if I was anyone other than Labour or the Tories I would make this an nice election issue- millions of people eligible to vote (and foreign Premiergreed fans) are football fans and one or two may be persuaded to vote for you if you made this issue important- I know I might.

I would take issue with the claims in the article that you don't need any qualifications to be a steward- you do (hence why I have one) but given this qualification would be passable by anyone who has some common sense and has been to a football game it is hardly worth the paper its printed on. (Not unlike the license for bouncing in pubs/clubs)

He's a real tosser, Bob. Sat near to him a few years ago at Old Trafford for the England v Wales game. As soon as he stood up the rest of the England fans shouted him back down! lol

He does my head in but he could certainly teach a few Oldham fans about positive support.