Improving Trust membership

oafc0000

http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/how-it-works

Outside of the obvious interference with the playing side of the club I would suggest we look at this approach.

Why is it left to Barry to just have a say. Why not the entire membership ? You should have a members portal where members can vote on key issues and have a say in where money is spent etc. Barry or whoever is the chairman (which could be voted for online) should then be the mouth piece and not much more.

Until the trust becomes transparent and inclusive of its membership the trust will not get the support of the fans.

THe £5 membership should go up as well. If I could have more of a real say I would back the trust and pay more to have that say.

Give fans a say, boost the trust piggy bank and make the trust work for everyone.

Edited by oafc0000

I don't want to be negative for the sake of it, but MyFootballClub isn't working for Ebbsfleet - the subscriber numbers are dwindling and the decision-making has largely been removed from the fans' hands. It just didn't work as a sustainable ownership model.

Plus, and this is a kicker, how exactly would you make it happen? TTA own the club; they won't accept decisions they don't like. Making the Trust a one-man-one-vote democracy may be laudable, but what power does the Trust really have?

I don't want to be negative for the sake of it, but MyFootballClub isn't working for Ebbsfleet - the subscriber numbers are dwindling and the decision-making has largely been removed from the fans' hands. It just didn't work as a sustainable ownership model.

I am not saying we launch a take over bid or anything like that. Just improve upon how decisions are currently taken within the trust. Involve the membership more. This level of engagement could see support and money build within the trust. For rainy days etc.

Plus, and this is a kicker, how exactly would you make it happen? TTA own the club; they won't accept decisions they don't like. Making the Trust a one-man-one-vote democracy may be laudable, but what power does the Trust really have?

The Trust own 3%, so that means practically nothing from a voting rights prospective. What this would do is provide a legitimate voice to the board outside of one man. When Barry or whoever says, the fans think x, it would of been voted on and can be backed up properly.

If TTA want to ignore this they can. It is there company. BUT importantly, the fans would of had a say, TTA would have to respond, and the fans can make there minds up if they feel there voice is being unfairly ignored.

Is there any value to the current approach ? Do you think you are getting the say we all paid out for ? EVen the trust seems to accept changes need to be made.

Edited by oafc0000

I see where you're coming from, but if TTA can ignore whatever is said, won't fans become quickly disillusioned? If it just becomes a way for fans to register discontent (sack the manager, drop that useless player, sign someone good) without any real power, I'm not sure it'll improve membership in the long term.

That said, I think the Trust could do a better job of publicising the positives - the work they've done, the money they've spent. For me, spending money on the groundkeeping equipment was a genuine positive, and I'd like to hear more news like that (not entirely the Trust's fault; if the club or the Chron reported it I'd have noticed a lot sooner than a very infrequent skim of the Trust website). That to me is something they can highlight; my fear is that too many fans want quick fixes and grand gestures, like funding transfers or pressuring the owners to sack managers, which is never going to happen with the current ownership structure.

I see where you're coming from, but if TTA can ignore whatever is said, won't fans become quickly disillusioned? If it just becomes a way for fans to register discontent (sack the manager, drop that useless player, sign someone good) without any real power, I'm not sure it'll improve membership in the long term.

That said, I think the Trust could do a better job of publicising the positives - the work they've done, the money they've spent. For me, spending money on the groundkeeping equipment was a genuine positive, and I'd like to hear more news like that (not entirely the Trust's fault; if the club or the Chron reported it I'd have noticed a lot sooner than a very infrequent skim of the Trust website). That to me is something they can highlight; my fear is that too many fans want quick fixes and grand gestures, like funding transfers or pressuring the owners to sack managers, which is never going to happen with the current ownership structure.

Considering things like the marketing thread on here etc I am surprised you would think only discontent would be registered.

Like I said, football issues should always be left to the manager...

Edited by oafc0000