50 points should be enough

Bettering Tranmere is one thing to safeguard us from relegation.

However, to address the first 80% of this season and provide some light to the fans, Penney should pull out all stops to secure a win tonight.

Southampton is likely to be in this league next season and one of the favourites come next August. To win in their backyard by our team that is likely to be improved over the summer will send a message that DP is the right man to lead us next season.

I've heard some on here say that DP's done what was expected of him i.e. avoid relegation. However, we were promotion chasing for the last season or two aiming for the Play-Offs at very least. Scraping survival by a couple of points needs addressing and addressing urgently - tonight that starts.

However, to address the first 80% of this season and provide some light to the fans, Penney should pull out all stops to secure a win tonight.

To be fair, if we go all guns blazing tonight I think we will get absolutely clobbered. I'd expect half-way between charlton and 'udders tonight. Defensive, but with some decent football... if we simply dont lose I will be a very happy bunny. Plus there will be so few fans there to care if we put in a great performance.

The time to give some 'light' to the fans I feel will be at Chralon at home. Hopefully safe, Decent(ish) crowd, and the final memory to leave for the close season. Now theres a game for some decent football against one of the supposed best teams in the league. Tonight is about fighting for our lives.

Tonight is about fighting for our lives.

This

Tonight, for me, is about giving an honest hard working account of ourselves and maintaining our superior goal difference by not being reckless and attacking just for the sake of it.

This

Tonight, for me, is about giving an honest hard working account of ourselves and maintaining our superior goal difference by not being reckless and attacking just for the sake of it.

For once Dave Penneys mindset might work tonight !