50 points should be enough

We should be safe now though I think we'll need more than 50 to be certain. Some teams have gone down on 50 points in the past.

These are the teams that finished one point above the drop zone over the last few seasons, along with their points totals

08/09 Carlisle 50

07/08 Crewe 50

06/07 Leyton Orient 51

05/06 Rotherham 52 (two teams went down on 50 points)

04/05 MK Dons 51 (Torquay went down on 51)

03/04 Chesterfield 51 (Grimbsy went down on 50)

02/03 Chesterfield 50

01/02 Northampton 49

We should be safe now though I think we'll need more than 50 to be certain. Some teams have gone down on 50 points in the past.

These are the teams that finished one point above the drop zone over the last few seasons, along with their points totals

08/09 Carlisle 50

07/08 Crewe 50

06/07 Leyton Orient 51

05/06 Rotherham 52 (two teams went down on 50 points)

04/05 MK Dons 51 (Torquay went down on 51)

03/04 Chesterfield 51 (Grimbsy went down on 50)

02/03 Chesterfield 50

01/02 Northampton 49

hmm 3 out of that 5 got relegated with 50 points so I wouldnt count chickens yet

thinking back to the start of the season everyone was saying mid table is where we are finishing this season, so would people class this as a dissapointing season even though you all said thats where we will finish anyway ?

to be honest i have enjoyed fighting to stay up than not fighting for anything at all being stuck in mid table.

We won't be 'safe' if we don't beat Southampton on tuesday. Get safe as soon as possible, 3 points at St.Mary's and Tranmere need to win every game.

OR

Southampto Away Lose

Southend Home Win

Yeovil Away Win

Charlton Home Lose

6 points will keep us up regardless to what tranmere do.

I think that Dave Penney is trying to match the '54 points - anything else is a bonus' total.

Therefore: -

v Southampton (0 points)

v Southend (3 points)

v Yeovil (1 point)

v Charlton (0 points)

Et voila - 54 points and nice and safe.

Although the Charlton game may provide the aforementioned bonus if he fancies spoiling us.

thinking back to the start of the season everyone was saying mid table is where we are finishing this season, so would people class this as a dissapointing season even though you all said thats where we will finish anyway ?

to be honest i have enjoyed fighting to stay up than not fighting for anything at all being stuck in mid table.

I'd say the same, but we've never really been in deep danger for me. Never been far adrift in the bottom 4 possibly more than 1 point at any one time? Always had this run of easier games towards the end of the season, had more quality than the rest down there. A real relegation dogfight is what Tranmere are/have been in, or someone like Orient/Exeter as they are much poorer than us anyway, and some expect them to go down.

With 4 games to go, the bottom 3 of Stockport, Southend and Wycombe cannot catch us - well Wycombe can on points but unlikely on goal difference (3 down 1 to go)

Tranmere who are 4th bottom also have 4 games to go and becasue of their vastly inferior goal difference need to pick up 7 more points than us over those 4 games. HOWEVER, of those 4 games, only 1 is at home and that is against Millwall, whilst tomorrow they travel to Brentford and on Saturday they are at Colchester. Their last game is at Stockport.

Now take into consideration that Tranmere's away record reads as follows: -

Played 20 - won 2 - drawn 5 - lost 13 - scored 10 (yes TEN) - conceded 37

I think you can safelly say that we are safe. (4 down)

With 4 games to go, the bottom 3 of Stockport, Southend and Wycombe cannot catch us - well Wycombe can on points but unlikely on goal difference (3 down 1 to go)

Tranmere who are 4th bottom also have 4 games to go and becasue of their vastly inferior goal difference need to pick up 7 more points than us over those 4 games. HOWEVER, of those 4 games, only 1 is at home and that is against Millwall, whilst tomorrow they travel to Brentford and on Saturday they are at Colchester. Their last game is at Stockport.

Now take into consideration that Tranmere's away record reads as follows: -

Played 20 - won 2 - drawn 5 - lost 13 - scored 10 (yes TEN) - conceded 37

I think you can safelly say that we are safe. (4 down)

Also people are forgetting the teams us and tranmere.

If IF IF I fly tonight by the time I get of the plane we could be mathmatically safe,

But lets face it neither situation is going to happen :lol:

Pardon my stupidity but there's been a lot of talk about being mathematically safe by the end of this evening...but surely if we win and Tranmere lose that puts us 9 points clear with three games to play. Regardless of GD, that's still not mathematically safe.

Pardon my stupidity but there's been a lot of talk about being mathematically safe by the end of this evening...but surely if we win and Tranmere lose that puts us 9 points clear with three games to play. Regardless of GD, that's still not mathematically safe.

Oh I dont blody know! lol

True, and as alluded to earllier we need be sure.

And there is as much change of Tranmere winning and us losing tonight,as the other way round.

BUT, we would have to lose every game 2-0 AND tranmere win evey game 2-0 to go down, and in fact one of these be a 3-0 each way.

Edited by singe