Oldham XI v Oldham Muslim Community centre

Anyone else go on here?

Was a decent game the Community centre looked a decent team,

their number 2 Left winger in the first half , sign him up ! he was awesome !

Shame it got abit handbags in the middle lol :lol:

did it finish 3-2 btw? we had to shoot off !

Shame Stitch wasnt there :disappointed:

Edited by razza699

Oldham XI equalised with a last gasp OG, and then won it on penalties, largely down to three top saves from Oldhams keeper.

and what a cracking header it was from the cente half. keeper was left rooted

Edited by davebuckley06

i went to the game and must admit although it was for charity i felt a little bit ripped off. when i was told it was oldham legends an d there was a picture of andy ritchie i expected it to be a team made of the likes of andy rhodes stitch eyres and the so on. What was the team made up of? looked like local sunday leaguers? and for there to be a 30 man brawl almost thought it was discraceful. Also thought the behaviour of some of the supporters was disrispectful too.

30 man brawl? You taking the pi55?

It was two lads having hand bags and everyone else trying to calm the situation. You see 10 times worse on any sunday league pitch.

It was played in high spirits and we both wanted to win. You may have also noticed that i made sure all our lads clapped their team after it finished so there was no hard feelings from our part.

Cracking game of football though. And yes...it was an alright finish from me :wink:

30 man brawl? You taking the pi55?

It was two lads having hand bags and everyone else trying to calm the situation. You see 10 times worse on any sunday league pitch.

It was played in high spirits and we both wanted to win. You may have also noticed that i made sure all our lads clapped their team after it finished so there was no hard feelings from our part.

Cracking game of football though. And yes...it was an alright finish from me :wink:

haha it was hardly a 30 man brawl ,

however it could have been that way but it was stamped out quick enough so well done to the players who calmed it down,

I thought your shot had missed at first only to see it nestle nicely in the roof of the net,

:wink:

Rob did get a little angry but he is young and just had a point to prove. Thats the reason i sent him to the dressing room before the ref could send him off.

What do you mean "thought i had missed"? I never miss them. :grin:

Shame nobody saw my goal against the fans team on Saturday, that was an absolute pearler (even if i say so myself). I bet Rob Stockford is still in therapy now. :lol:

Our keeper yesterday was awsome though and he is the reason we won.

Rob did get a little angry but he is young and just had a point to prove. Thats the reason i sent him to the dressing room before the ref could send him off.

good captaincy Greegs should learn some of that :wink:

I thought something was going to go off with them 2 they was having a few niggles at each other from kickoff :lol:

haha it was hardly a 30 man brawl ,

however it could have been that way but it was stamped out quick enough so well done to the players who calmed it down,

I thought your shot had missed at first only to see it nestle nicely in the roof of the net,

:wink:

i was sat right next to it and i saw atleast 6 different confrontations going on. if it was just a scuffle between the 2 lads why would it take all the players and both sets of management to calm it down?

agreed it was a good game of football and there was some good finishes aswell

Shame nobody saw my goal against the fans team on Saturday, that was an absolute pearler (even if i say so myself). I bet Rob Stockford is still in therapy now. :lol:

It wasn't a bad finish to be fair - though still 1 on 1 from 8 yards ;-) Therapy would however had been needed if you had managed to get the other one back over me

said it before, how much did the Muslim community centre have to bid to play against the staff team? only a Question btw

Probably nothing, but they were more than happy enough to charge the fans team £1,500 to play on it on Saturday. Though they did knock £500 off the usual price and have given us the fluo yellow kit for an extra £150 (All extra large and minus the socks).

It wasn't a bad finish to be fair - though still 1 on 1 from 8 yards ;-) Therapy would however had been needed if you had managed to get the other one back over me

your right it wasnt a bad finish just a shame it was overshadowed by a fat bald centre half!

your right it wasnt a bad finish just a shame it was overshadowed by a fat bald centre half!

:lol::lol: To be fair, that was probably the best goal i've seen at BP all season. Peach! Comfortable win for the fans team in the end.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

8 yards Rob???? Is that like when you tell the ladies you have a 19 inch chopper? Size judgement isnt your strong point i see :lol: I was on the edge of the box when i hit it.

And your right, you wouldnt have been inconsolable if that shot from 40 odd yards went in.

I have to agree though, Dave's goal was awsome :wink:

8 yards Rob???? Is that like when you tell the ladies you have a 19 inch chopper? Size judgement isnt your strong point i see :lol: I was on the edge of the box when i hit it.

And your right, you wouldnt have been inconsolable if that shot from 40 odd yards went in.

I have to agree though, Dave's goal was awsome :wink:

There's nothing wrong with my axe though to be fair its not 19" - that would just be inconvenient.

It was a good finish mate - as it hit the far top corner with bend, though as earlier the marking was conspicuous by its absence

;-). Dave's goal was the pick though, sorry with yours a close second