Internet Based TV

Ackey

Straight out the blocks - don't post about or link to illegal sites ok?! We all know they're out there but that's not for us to say on here.

However, I can highly recommend two legal services:

tvcatchup.com is fantastic and has a mobile version which works with the iPhone for watching free-to-air TV live (very minimal delay) totally for free. Ideal if you don't have a TV but want to watch telly (such as on a train).

seesaw.com is equally fantastic and links not only to the content of sites such as iPlayer and 4OD but also to a range of back-catalogue things these services don't stock. You can also 'rent' premium content from them (I've not tried this so can't comment on it).

Plus those direct from the source:

iPlayer - the well known BBC service has had a facelift (click the BETA option) which makes it more user friendly and it continues to be a great resource if you don't have Sky+

4OD - the online service from Channel Four has a huge back catalogue of shows both recent and old along with a iPlayer like catchup service for all the more recent offerings.

Channel 5 / ITV - both have rather substandard offerings for TV Catchup last time I checked which coupled with their pretty crappy content to begin with means I very very rarely check them out.

Don't know of any others people may be able to suggest (again can I stress they must be legal!)...

Straight out the blocks - don't post about or link to illegal sites ok?! We all know they're out there but that's not for us to say on here.

However, I can highly recommend two legal services:

tvcatchup.com is fantastic and has a mobile version which works with the iPhone for watching free-to-air TV live (very minimal delay) totally for free. Ideal if you don't have a TV but want to watch telly (such as on a train).

seesaw.com is equally fantastic and links not only to the content of sites such as iPlayer and 4OD but also to a range of back-catalogue things these services don't stock. You can also 'rent' premium content from them (I've not tried this so can't comment on it).

Plus those direct from the source:

iPlayer - the well known BBC service has had a facelift (click the BETA option) which makes it more user friendly and it continues to be a great resource if you don't have Sky+

4OD - the online service from Channel Four has a huge back catalogue of shows both recent and old along with a iPlayer like catchup service for all the more recent offerings.

Channel 5 / ITV - both have rather substandard offerings for TV Catchup last time I checked which coupled with their pretty crappy content to begin with means I very very rarely check them out.

Don't know of any others people may be able to suggest (again can I stress they must be legal!)...

As far as I'm aware you can watch BBC and ITV as live on the net too (a TV license may be required). Sky do something similar (but you need to already be a Sky customer to get it for free- and that's for a limited period)