2 Ex Players sign for Local Side

Wasn't everyone raving about him last pre season? Wonder what went wrong?

I've watched him a fair few times in the youth & reserves. He's a tidy enough player; has a decent touch and can pick a pass; he also has a 'competitive' streak too which meant he didn't shirk out of tackles (and also picked up a few cards)

I think what let him down & restricted his involvement at 1st team level is something he can nothing about – his size. He isn’t the tallest; nor is he particularly well built either. At League 1 (or League2); he would have found it tough going on that front. Different to say a Dale Stephens who has the physicality to match his ability.

It’ll be interesting to see if he makes his way back into the pro game or whether he whiles away in the non-leagues……Chalmers is another who I thought stood a chance of making a break-though; but Attitude issues stopped him from doing so *allegedly *

"The Latics starlet (pictured), turned down the chance of a third year at Boundary Park to play part time and gain coaching qualifications. Several Football League clubs are monitering Chris' progress and he is expected to make it to full pro level in the not too distant future."

If he turned down the opportunity to play for us we surely hold his league registration. So the 'several league clubs' money will come to us?

"The Latics starlet (pictured), turned down the chance of a third year at Boundary Park to play part time and gain coaching qualifications. Several Football League clubs are monitering Chris' progress and he is expected to make it to full pro level in the not too distant future."

If he turned down the opportunity to play for us we surely hold his league registration. So the 'several league clubs' money will come to us?

I saw that and just took it to be MAFC talking up a recent signing as ‘ we’ve singed a player who had league club options’. With the reported budget cuts we have; and the fact that he didn’t break through during the season; I actually doubt that we offered him another deal. But; that’s just conjecture on my part.

I've watched him a fair few times in the youth & reserves. He's a tidy enough player; has a decent touch and can pick a pass; he also has a 'competitive' streak too which meant he didn't shirk out of tackles (and also picked up a few cards)

I think what let him down & restricted his involvement at 1st team level is something he can nothing about – his size. He isn’t the tallest; nor is he particularly well built either. At League 1 (or League2); he would have found it tough going on that front. Different to say a Dale Stephens who has the physicality to match his ability.

It’ll be interesting to see if he makes his way back into the pro game or whether he whiles away in the non-leagues……Chalmers is another who I thought stood a chance of making a break-though; but Attitude issues stopped him from doing so *allegedly *

Completely agree about Rowney. A player who I never once saw give less than 100% but who just lacked that natural ability required to move from decent reserve player to decent first team player. He'll do well enough for himself at non league level and seems keen to move into the coaching side of things. But I think the writing was on the wall for him from half way through last season.

Seems strange it's not been on the official that he's left - given that he was captain of the Reserve team for much of last season (unless I missed it of course?).

As for Chalmers, I too heard the rumours but I'd ask that we restrain from commenting on them as it's not really fair on him if they were untrue.

As for Chalmers, I too heard the rumours but I'd ask that we restrain from commenting on them as it's not really fair on him if they were untrue.

I think the chron reported him as breaking club rules or something along those lines, but did not go into detail. He did however seem a decent prospect when saw him play.