4-3-3/4-5-1?

i've been thinking........

if he doesn't have a clear out and has to make do and in the unlikely event they're all fit, we're quite overloaded with centre mids and our wingers are crap.

how about.....

GK Brill/Fleming

RB Lomax/Lee/Holdsworth/Purdie

CB Gregan

CB Hazell/A N Other

LB Black/Jacobson

CM Lee/Purdie

CM Stephens/Furman

CM Worthington/Holdsworth

Upfront - Abbott/Dickov/Eaves through the middle with Taylor/Smalley/Millar/Colbeck either side.

I'd start Taylor, Abbott and Eaves for home games in a rigid 4-3-3 and maybe use Smalley or Millar away on the right of the 3 and revert to 4-5-1 without the ball. Dickov to come off the bench.

wot U reckon? :grin:

i've been thinking........

if he doesn't have a clear out and has to make do and in the unlikely event they're all fit, we're quite overloaded with centre mids and our wingers are crap.

I expect our midfield, and in particular our wingers, to improve dramatically if the manager keeps to his playing philosophies.

I agree with this and think that from the players we have we could go 4-3-3 and make an improvement. With what we currently have I would Go with the following

Fleming

Holdsworth Hazel Gregan Black

Lee Furman Stephens

Smalley Abbott Taylor

Abbot can play the lone striker role aslong as he stays central and doesn't go wide looking for the ball and occupies the 2 centre halfs. Taylor and Smalley can go wide and have abit of attacking freedom interms of getting up and supporting Abbot and interchanging with each other aslong as one drops back into midfield when we are defending we won't get overrun.

This may have been the way he was played last season but Furman looks much more of a sitting midfielder than one thats going to get forward so he can sit in midfield and protect the back 4 while Lee and Stephens have the youth and energy to be able to go box to box. I don't think Lee is physically imposing enough to play central midfield in a 4-4-2 but he would work well in a midfield 3 as above. The back 4 could pretty much sort themselves out, add in a few signing here and their you may see an improvement.