Warren Feeney

NI striker Warren Feeney set to sign for Oldham

Warren Feeney is delighted at the prospect of playing at Boundary Park

Northern Ireland striker Warren Feeney is poised to sign a two-year deal with League One club Oldham Athletic.

The 29-year-old former Cardiff City player expects to complete the move after having a medical on Monday.

Feeney, who was released by Cardiff in May, was impressed by Latics boss Paul Dickov and his assistant Gerry Taggart.

"I spoke to other clubs but after I talked with Paul and Gerry there was only one winner - I want to play my football here," said Feeney.

Feeney also played for Bournemouth, Stockport County and Luton Town before moving to Cardiff.

While at City he had loan spells with Swansea City, Dundee United and Sheffield Wednesday.

NI striker Warren Feeney set to sign for Oldham

Warren Feeney is delighted at the prospect of playing at Boundary Park

Northern Ireland striker Warren Feeney is poised to sign a two-year deal with League One club Oldham Athletic.

The 29-year-old former Cardiff City player expects to complete the move after having a medical on Monday.

Feeney, who was released by Cardiff in May, was impressed by Latics boss Paul Dickov and his assistant Gerry Taggart.

"I spoke to other clubs but after I talked with Paul and Gerry there was only one winner - I want to play my football here," said Feeney.

Feeney also played for Bournemouth, Stockport County and Luton Town before moving to Cardiff.

While at City he had loan spells with Swansea City, Dundee United and Sheffield Wednesday.

Dickov magic is paying off now lets get behide him and the team

Feeneys a striker that if he didn't have injury problems he would be playing in the Championship easily. He's a damn good striker and the sort of goalscorer we need to play off Abbott. I have my reservations about his fitness and injury problems but I can't help but think that this would be a damn good signing.

15 games in his 3 years at Cardiff and no goals. Numerous injuries. Did better out on loan. His record earlier on in his career at County Bournemeouth and Luton is top drawer

15 games in his 3 years at Cardiff and no goals. Numerous injuries. Did better out on loan. His record earlier on in his career at County Bournemeouth and Luton is top drawer

As is the nature of a signing at this level for everyone - it's a risk. Not a bad one, for my money.

Signed today and was at the game tonight with his wife and kids, unless he was doing a John Terry :grin:

Smaller than I thought and skinny, well he was compared to Gerry T when he was stood next to him.

More signings this week my HP and Daddies told me !

confirmed interest in Feeney on our o/s...http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2090415,00.html

any names to give us? :wink: