Three-strong group to decide on land - Failsworth

I've been away so do not know how current this link is:-

http://www.sportsmanagement.co.uk/detail1....te=SM&dom=N

Looks like it was only published today and I certainy haven't heard ofSports Solutions GB before in any of the other articles.

May be the club feel that the land swap is a done deal! If they do then I hope they have insider info. because Iwon't beleieve it until the ink is dry on the contract.

Incidentally I have just emailed the 3 councillors concerned (very politely) to see what time frame they have been given to try and resolve the charitable land swap. I hope it's not an open ended job. I will let people know if I get a response from any of them!

I've been away so do not know how current this link is:-

http://www.sportsmanagement.co.uk/detail1....te=SM&dom=N

That all sounds pretty positive and optimistic. When they say public and private funding I guess that means we are looking for outside investment to make the stadium plans work?

Could this be in the way of grants etc?

That all sounds pretty positive and optimistic. When they say public and private funding I guess that means we are looking for outside investment to make the stadium plans work?

Could this be in the way of grants etc? there ain't going to be a lot of money floating about like back in the good old "new labour" days... :blink:

This has been the plan for some time IIRC. The minimum scenario will be funded by the Council but for the corners to be filled in etc they need outside investment which will probably come in the form of hotels/cinema etc built into the complex.

Edited by jsslatic

Could this be in the way of grants etc? there ain't going to be a lot of money floating about like back in the good old "new labour" days... :blink:

Perhaps not, just trying to figure out where the money is coming from. I was thinking more the Football Trust, are they still around? Would they fund part of this or are they more grassroots?