Any views from Tranmere appreciated.

all the views could be seen on the tranmere v oldham thread,

we played well in midfield and defence but a little light up front.

we will be fine this seaon.

Thanks mate, although I was meaning the Trannie Fans who frequent the board ..

we played well in midfield and defence but a little light up front.

I'm still too gutted to offer much of an objective view at the moment, but I think the above is fair comment, and Reuben Hazell had his customary impressive game against us.

Taking nothing away from you - you did a job and were clearly the better team on the day - but we do seem to be in some disarray, and I am far from convinced that Enoch Showumni is the answer to our lack of punch up front. As for Ian Thomas Moore, I was disappointed to see him rise to the bait yesterday. It's a bit like us with Sean Thornton - when we give him dogs abuse and he responds, we know we have him rattled.

Anyway, I'm off to lick my wounds, but may pop back when I've calmed down! :disappointed:

I'm still too gutted to offer much of an objective view at the moment, but I think the above is fair comment, and Reuben Hazell had his customary impressive game against us.

Taking nothing away from you - you did a job and were clearly the better team on the day - but we do seem to be in some disarray, and I am far from convinced that Enoch Showumni is the answer to our lack of punch up front. As for Ian Thomas Moore, I was disappointed to see him rise to the bait yesterday. It's a bit like us with Sean Thornton - when we give him dogs abuse and he responds, we know we have him rattled.

Anyway, I'm off to lick my wounds, but may pop back when I've calmed down! :disappointed:

At least you've admitted that the best team won, which is more than can be said for your manager!

Just two points to pick up on:

1: It's not just you lot who Hazell plays well against, been a model of consistency for two years.

2: Enoch Showumni up front means, unfortunately, relegation.

Thanks mate, although I was meaning the Trannie Fans who frequent the board ..

Intersting to see that Birkenheaven" has not returned. He/she is probably still flumaxed over Friday's question of "who's in your team...." :lol:

Oh well, wonder if he/she will return next season if we are both still in this division that is

Just two points to pick up on:

1: It's not just you lot who Hazell plays well against, been a model of consistency for two years.

2: Enoch Showumni up front means, unfortunately, relegation.

1) So I believe - shame we ever let him leave!

2) On the evidence so far, I fear we have another long season ahead, as it is difficult to see where the goals are going to come from, especially if Ronnie's lad leaves, as now seems likely.

What stood out for me yesterday was the difference in attitude between the two clubs, and indeed the supporters. You guys seemed to be well up for it, as despite having many similar difficulties as ourselves, and also the ground issue, the new managerial appointment seems to have galvanised your club and given it a fresh impetus. On the other hand, despite the euphoria of us getting out of jail at Stockport on the final day last season, there is little that has happened since at Prenton Park to give any indication that this season will be anything else that one of struggle. I guess the majority of Tranmere fans turned up more in hope than expectation yesterday, and sadly, our worst fears were realised.

2) On the evidence so far, I fear we have another long season ahead, as it is difficult to see where the goals are going to come from, especially if Ronnie's lad leaves, as now seems likely.

What stood out for me yesterday was the difference in attitude between the two clubs, and indeed the supporters. You guys seemed to be well up for it, as despite having many similar difficulties as ourselves, and also the ground issue, the new managerial appointment seems to have galvanised your club and given it a fresh impetus. On the other hand, despite the euphoria of us getting out of jail at Stockport on the final day last season, there is little that has happened since at Prenton Park to give any indication that this season will be anything else that one of struggle. I guess the majority of Tranmere fans turned up more in hope than expectation yesterday, and sadly, our worst fears were realised.

If you saw us play last season, we was dreadful. DP was c*** with the fans, and played a defend the point we currently have way of football. 110% effort and attacking football is a breath of fresh air. Also PD is rather good with the fans, and him and GT show passion on the sideline even at the smallest wrong decision instead of DP with hands in pocket and laughing when in relegation places and losing.

Its a funny old game football. Its also a blooming tough one for us lower league clubs.

I hate to see any team in trouble TBH especially, those in admin and I hate to see a Northern team relegated to be replaced by a southern team too. ( I can hear the abuse from the OASIS fans now - sorry guys I am a Northern lass)

Yes we were up for it yesterday, players and fans alike, we have to be, we have to win and put bums back on seats in order for us to survive. We have to do it this season as we do not know where we will be the season after.

Keep supporting that's all us fans can do.

In all fairness, I didnt think Showumni was that bad, made a nuicence of himself, should have scored that header at the start but with the right wing play, you could do well up front. As for Ian "Thomas" Moore, he played well, but like you say, rose to it. I do however think that if 1700 people were calling my mum a whore, id probably rise to it, although he probably agrees about his dad!

Its a funny old game football. Its also a blooming tough one for us lower league clubs.

I hate to see any team in trouble TBH especially, those in admin and I hate to see a Northern team relegated to be replaced by a southern team too. ( I can hear the abuse from the OASIS fans now - sorry guys I am a Northern lass)

Yes we were up for it yesterday, players and fans alike, we have to be, we have to win and put bums back on seats in order for us to survive. We have to do it this season as we do not know where we will be the season after.

Keep supporting that's all us fans can do.

it obviously benefits the team with more northern teams in our league, sod the OASIS lot :grin::wink:

this Tranmere supporter is a lot better than Birkenheaven and its all good

it obviously benefits the team with more northern teams in our league, sod the OASIS lot :grin::wink:

this Tranmere supporter is a lot better than Birkenheaven and its all good

and better away days too as I don't have to arrange a dog sitter if we can get back home. There is nothing worse than two dogs sat at home crossed legged because you have buggered off for say, 12 hours, then you are really in the dog house... :grin:

The difference in attitude wasn't lost on us either, although from our point of view it was the difference between our own attitude last season and this season.We haven't looked that positive since Sheridan was in charge.

Moore didn't look right in the head all game, but having read about his transfer request it doesn't look like we can take all the credit for that. Bit s***ty of him to hand it in on the eve of the new season; if he wanted to go to Rotherham he should have asked for a transfer in May.

and better away days too as I don't have to arrange a dog sitter if we can get back home. There is nothing worse than two dogs sat at home crossed legged because you have buggered off for say, 12 hours, then you are really in the dog house... :grin:

Disagree. The best away day, by a country mile, is Leyton Orient.