Favourite Latics Matches

In recent times, I think the 5 or 6 game spell in December/January 2006/07 starting with Northampton at home and ending with Scunthorpe away in a game they tried kicking us off the field because they came up short, were probably the best I've seen since the early 90's.

Destroyed the cobblers at home in front of a near full gate (£2 in), then away wins at Rotherham and soaking wet Gillingham with eventual pantomime villain Porter in blistering form. Gregan being the absolute man mountain at the back leading to the will he/won't he signing saga following the total destruction of Forest on New Years Day. A Porterless, but brilliant team display against Wolves and the siege of Glanford Park ending with McDonalds crazy winner and even crazier scenes (Again, further proof why pitch invasions and me don't mix well).

If you can name me a more enjoyable 5-6 match run of games I'd like to hear it.

In recent times, I think the 5 or 6 game spell in December/January 2006/07 starting with Northampton at home and ending with Scunthorpe away in a game they tried kicking us off the field because they came up short, were probably the best I've seen since the early 90's.

Destroyed the cobblers at home in front of a near full gate (£2 in), then away wins at Rotherham and soaking wet Gillingham with eventual pantomime villain Porter in blistering form. Gregan being the absolute man mountain at the back leading to the will he/won't he signing saga following the total destruction of Forest on New Years Day. A Porterless, but brilliant team display against Wolves and the siege of Glanford Park ending with McDonalds crazy winner and even crazier scenes (Again, further proof why pitch invasions and me don't mix well).

If you can name me a more enjoyable 5-6 match run of games I'd like to hear it.

The 100% start to the 90/91 season, when it became clear that we were going to build on the success of the previous year. Wolves away is still my favourite opening game of the season.

I am tempted to say the 3 final games of the Great Escape. I was at all three, and cried when we beat Southampton. I wasn't premenstrual then :wink:.

Unfortunately, no tv cameras caught my glee after the Villa game :grin:.

I had really mixed feelings after that game. Delighted we were not mathematically relegated, but still found it hard to believe we would survive and had just given Utd their first title in 26 years.

for me the sheff wed game sticks like mud in that never to be forgotten game

for personel reasons brighton away 89 or 90,,,,5 of us decided to go at midnight from the pleasant inn in my muckers clapped out cortina

by the time we got to stoke the exhaust had fell off...just short of london had to have 2 new tyres put on it....guy drops dead outside the ground...2 fantastic goals from stitch won us the game and a huge blow out on the motorway coming home,,,got home sunday dinner i think,,,what a day,,i could write you a book about it

southampton away in league cup...travelled all the way down there and didnt get in...shut the gates at 7 oclock cos it was packed leaving 500 oldham fans outside....they shut all the pubs but we had a great time outside with some commentary from a bobby on duty...we then got pelted with 50ps when all the saints fans were coming out,,so happy days i went home loaded..............

i could go on forever