Any Paphos Information?

steveoafc

Visiting cyprus in a couple of weeks, staying in paphos.

I'll be celebrating my birthday whilst there, has anyone been and got any advice on the best bars and restaurants to try?

It's our first time in cyprus so any help would be appreciated.

We're staying in the tomb of the kings area.

Cheers.

I'll be celebrating my birthday whilst there, has anyone been and got any advice on the best bars and restaurants to try?

Cheers.

Can't help you on Pathos but I would recommend Tripadvisor, I normally use it for Hotel's, Things To do, Restaurants etc.

As for Greek stuff, drink Mythos, eat Lamb Kleftiko and then smash some plates ;)

Edited by jimsleftfoot

If you fancy a trip out whilst you're there i would recommend Cairo and The Pyramids of Giza.

You take a cruise liner from Limassol Friday Evening wake up in Egypt sat. morn., travel to The Pyramids, then onto

Cairo / Cairo Museum, get back on ship Sat night and wake up sun morn. back in Limassol.

Plenty of tour operators running it when i last stayed there.

===============================================================================

Cheers.

Stayed just by Tomb of the Kings a couple of years ago. The main drag has numerous brit type bars showing english footy, John Smiths and fish and chips. There is one restaurant (cant remember the name) which does a not bad greek evening (food, wine dancing etc). There's a bar called Charlie's, pretty friendly, does karaoke etc, again Brit style. There's also a chinese, but it's quite expensive.

If you want english your in the right area - if you want local stuff you'll have to travel inland a bit

Stayed just by Tomb of the Kings a couple of years ago. The main drag has numerous brit type bars showing english footy, John Smiths and fish and chips. There is one restaurant (cant remember the name) which does a not bad greek evening (food, wine dancing etc). There's a bar called Charlie's, pretty friendly, does karaoke etc, again Brit style. There's also a chinese, but it's quite expensive.

If you want english your in the right area - if you want local stuff you'll have to travel inland a bit

Are you sure that wasn't Bridlington?

We went this summer for 10 days

Very classy place, none of your crappy burger and chips joints associated with Spain. Lots of fish restaurants on the harbour, but there are a fair few steak houses, chinese restaurants, ,italian restaurants, indian restaurants and mexican too. We stayed in the Riu Maris (on the stretch between the airport and the harbour).

The harbour is lovely, especially at night. We also did the half day haven, its about 46 euros and its an all inclusive cruise on a posh yatch from 10am - 2pm. It takes you from the harbour, round to coral bay where you stop and have lunch and/or a swim, then back round to the harbour.

Also, the airport is only tiny, which is good as it takes out alot of the stress.

We went this summer for 10 days

Very classy place, none of your crappy burger and chips joints associated with Spain. Lots of fish restaurants on the harbour, but there are a fair few steak houses, chinese restaurants, ,italian restaurants, indian restaurants and mexican too. We stayed in the Riu Maris (on the stretch between the airport and the harbour).

The harbour is lovely, especially at night. We also did the half day haven, its about 46 euros and its an all inclusive cruise on a posh yatch from 10am - 2pm. It takes you from the harbour, round to coral bay where you stop and have lunch and/or a swim, then back round to the harbour.

Also, the airport is only tiny, which is good as it takes out alot of the stress.

Cheers carl, sounds great, we're also going for 10 days.

I've heard good things about the harbour area, nice place to sit and chill.

Also, when i'm away latics tend to do well.