Playershare Update Please?

I think OAFC should do what my workplace do and run a Share Option scheme (I put in £250 a month until 2013) Actually buying into the club would be far more productive and should yield a return for the investors who will no doubts invest more.

Just a thought :grin:

That is a fantastic idea. I would strongly suggest that the trust shoudl look in to this in great detail - there are significant legal considerations in setting such a scheme up. This could result in the trust getting a meamingful stake oin the club over a period of time, offer existing shareholders a way out over the same period which I imagine they want.

Realistically no-one is going to put £250 a month in but I imagine that sort of figure relates to a listed company of significant size.

Would anyone from the trust like to comment? This represents the sort of long term thinking that I really think should be the focus of the trust in my opinion.

That is a fantastic idea. I would strongly suggest that the trust shoudl look in to this in great detail - there are significant legal considerations in setting such a scheme up. This could result in the trust getting a meamingful stake oin the club over a period of time, offer existing shareholders a way out over the same period which I imagine they want.

Realistically no-one is going to put £250 a month in but I imagine that sort of figure relates to a listed company of significant size.

Would anyone from the trust like to comment? This represents the sort of long term thinking that I really think should be the focus of the trust in my opinion.

Share option schemes work for PLC-size companies, where there is significant value to the company, significant share capital and where the shares are freely available to buy and sell. The Trust is committed to seeking new investment into the club and believe me, every Trust director wishes they could pick the phone up to some multi-millionaire or other. Sadly, that is not the case.

The difficulty is not in raising enough to buy the existing shares. Afterall, the club is a loss making limited company and every year, somebody has to put their hand in their pocket to the tune of at least half a million pounds. The issue is that any investor (whether that is a single investor or a consortium) would require significant funding to meet the outgoings of the club year on year.

Finally, even if all of the above were disregarded, as the shares are owned privately, it would not be the place of the Trust to organise such a scheme. Only the shareholders themselves could agree to sell their stake and by whatever means they see fit.

It's a lovely idea to think that the fans could own the club. However, if it ever happened, we would have to cut our cloth accordingly and look to break-even each season. I would suggest that we would quickly end up playing non-league football if we tried that. The best thing we as fans can do at present is try to persuade lapsed fans to come back through the turnstiles. The last two home gates have been extremely disappointing and we all know that we need home gates of 6,000 to break-even. The only other request I would make is that if anybody knows a multi-millionaire who doesn't mind losing a 'few quid', persuade him/her to make contact with Mr Simon Corney.

It's rare I use this... :ranting:

What a joke of an article. Fans giving their hard-earned to give the club something they should be providing from the vast amounts already given and they can't even be arsed to write a paragraph on it.

Joke.

Mickey Mouse FC strike again!!!