Hopeless Ref i Seen sack him FA?

He's hired by the Premier League isn't he?

I presume it's Atwell again?

I'm a great believer in referees being unduely slaughtered, but this guy doesn't make it easy on himself.

NB. Having had a quick look though. Turner takes the free kick. On this occasion the ref is spot on. It's a bizarre goal, but he stops the ball, knocks it back. Unless there is something in the sound I am missing - then that is just poor play from Sunderland.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

He's hired by the Premier League isn't he?

I presume it's Atwell again?

I'm a great believer in referees being unduely slaughtered, but this guy doesn't make it easy on himself.

NB. Having had a quick look though. Turner takes the free kick. On this occasion the ref is spot on. It's a bizarre goal, but he stops the ball, knocks it back. Unless there is something in the sound I am missing - then that is just poor play from Sunderland.

I don't think anyone can claim he took the free kick .From the strength of the kick it was clearly a flick back in the direction of the keeper to send a long ball forward. The ref couldn't have possibly seen it ( he had his back to the ball!). So... The blame goes to the linesman ( asst ref ! sorry!) whom the ref consulted b/4 giving the goal. It was bizarre though!

If i was Bruce i'd be concentrating on tearing a strip off my players for being so dozy rather than complaining about the referee. Turner's kicked if after the referee's blown the whistle for the FK to be taken - so whether he meant to or not, he's taken the FK - and the keeper's stood still after the referee's waved play on. It's their own fault for making such a cock up of it.

Clearly a flick back to keeper to come take it, the ref cant say it was taken because he didnt see it, i dont think the linesman did either, as the ref put the whistle to his mouth a few times to blow before l'pool scored, while lookin over at the assistant

Clearly a flick back to keeper to come take it, the ref cant say it was taken because he didnt see it, i dont think the linesman did either, as the ref put the whistle to his mouth a few times to blow before l'pool scored, while lookin over at the assistant

But what is Turner thinking? He stops the ball with his hand - setting the ball to take the free kick. He then takes the free kick.

Whatever his intentions with the goalkeeper to come and take it, the rules of the game (which the referee follows) says he's taken the freekick.

I'm not a fan of the referee in question, but I fail to see what he can do about a player making a complete arse of things.

Have to say that I thought he'd taken the freekick. When Torres got to the ball my first thought was that it was a really weak pass! It was only when they all started putting their hands up to stop the game that it occurred to me that perhaps he was flicking it back for the keeper to take!

Turner really should have just walked over the ball and left it for the keeper. His mistake in my eyes.

That ref who was doing Liverpool match V Sunderland should never work again did you see what he caused and gaffted liverpool easy goal this ref did many mistake last season at Crystal palace and also more this season.

Not seen the goal but I'm a huge fan of the term 'Gaffted'. Gaff and Gifted merged together.