More fans..

Right, alot has been said recently about the club not doing much (some stuff has been done yes) to get fans back to BP.

There are plenty of stay-aways on this board, and am sure quite a few people on here know some more aswell.

This season, what would you want the club to do REALISTICALLY to get you back to BP?

The club can not guarentee entertaining free flowing football, no club can.

We can not afford the upgrade the facilities or anything like that.

So what can the club do realistically to get you back to BP this season?

If the answer is 'make the matchday experience more enjoyable' go into more detail so the club can work on it - officals from the club read this board so they be able to try some new ideas out.

Right, alot has been said recently about the club not doing much (some stuff has been done yes) to get fans back to BP.

There are plenty of stay-aways on this board, and am sure quite a few people on here know some more aswell.

This season, what would you want the club to do REALISTICALLY to get you back to BP?

The club can not guarentee entertaining free flowing football, no club can.

We can not afford the upgrade the facilities or anything like that.

So what can the club do realistically to get you back to BP this season?

If the answer is 'make the matchday experience more enjoyable' go into more detail so the club can work on it - officals from the club read this board so they be able to try some new ideas out.

They can't do anything. This move to Failsworth needs to be seen as a new beginning

Imo moving to failsworth may be a bad thing also. a bigger stadium and if we still get 3,500-4,000 it's gonna look very silly and a waste of money. But hey ho.

A stadium half full on match days wouldnt be a problem.

4000 fans in a new stadium would just be like now, the only difference is a new stadium would be used 7 days a week and not cost £250,000 a year to keep open like BP.

The club would make more money from the new stadium meaning they could look at the entrance fee for games !

Imo moving to failsworth may be a bad thing also. a bigger stadium and if we still get 3,500-4,000 it's gonna look very silly and a waste of money. But hey ho.

surely it will an improvement on the 'match day experience' though?

Assuming the new stadium happened, could Latics sell 12,000 season tickets at £100 each in the first season?

That might be the only way to kick start football attendance in Oldham (and surround postcode areas within the borough).

Fingers crossed the "normal price" revenues in subsequent years would be higher as the result of such an initiative. I'm just not sure they'll sell 12,000, even at that price.

Assuming the new stadium happened, could Latics sell 12,000 season tickets at £100 each in the first season?

That might be the only way to kick start football attendance in Oldham (and surround postcode areas within the borough).

Fingers crossed the "normal price" revenues in subsequent years would be higher as the result of such an initiative. I'm just not sure they'll sell 12,000, even at that price.

No idea, I doubt they would do any offer that low, Huddersfield were only able to offer that deal due to the owner selling his company for £300 million and supporting the discounted rates.

Even if the club did sell 12,000 season tickets at £100 each, I bet if we were playing Leyton Orient we would have a similar crowd as yesterday. A lot of people would have the thinking that they would only need to attend 6 matches a season to make purchasing one worth it.

Even if the club did sell 12,000 season tickets at £100 each, I bet if we were playing Leyton Orient we would have a similar crowd as yesterday. A lot of people would have the thinking that they would only need to attend 6 matches a season to make purchasing one worth it.

exactly the problem Hudds Had.... The matchday secondary spend went through the floor some games for Hudds.

Initally 12,000 seater.. so that would be about 8000 home fans...

also for the thread i did say realistically now.. dont want the thread turning into another 50 page failsworth thread..

No idea, I doubt they would do any offer that low, Huddersfield were only able to offer that deal due to the owner selling his company for £300 million and supporting the discounted rates.

Well the income would be pretty close to current turnstyle revenues (£150 would probably see an increase in income) and any shortfall could be recouped in subsequent seasons.

If there was certainty in the stadium development, and a couple of years of construction time, that's more than enough opportunity for a concerted marketing plan to try and get old fans back and new fans local to the stadium interested in the idea.

It's just the nagging "can we get 12,000 at any price" question!

also for the thread i did say realistically now.. dont want the thread turning into another 50 page failsworth thread..

Sorry! I think I've given up on "now".

Edited by opinions4u

Initally 12,000 seater.. so that would be about 8000 home fans...

At the moment you honestly can't do anything. I know people who paid a fiver yesterday, who went at half time even though we were winning. It's more to do with the 'fan' than the club.

• 3 weeks later...

A very simple way of spreading the word of when the next game will take place is a PDF that could be printed off from the official site and stuck on noticeboards, walls, doors etc in the workplace.

(Stolen from Stockport, but they got more fans than us for their match last week - linky).

A particularly good place for this sort of poster is the back of a toilet door. You're sat there, bored, and as one drops in to the bowl the idea of visiting BP next Saturday leaps in to your head ...

A particularly good place for this sort of poster is the back of a toilet door. You're sat there, bored, and as one drops in to the bowl the idea of visiting BP next Saturday leaps in to your head ...

It seems poetically apt linking a trip to BP with crimping a length off on the Rick Witter.