Oldham host City Legends day

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a one off game in a bid to boost the average attendance.. against a team which wont bring that many fans.. for one game.. which they would then pay £20 to attend every other game.. surely worth it if we get an extra 50 fans a game?

Couldn't agree more. Even if this results in a net profit of 50p then it is 50p more than we had before, and if even only one fan comes (back) to us, then it was well worth it. We really are that desperately in need, sad to say.

How many City fans they expecting to turn up to this?

What a :censored: idea. We'll be lucky to get 20 City fans through the gate.

Ok, well you tootle off to Boundary Park with the £200 from those 20 City fans, and i'm sure they'll consider cacelling the plan for you.

"Oh, Hi City fan who haven't been to Boundary Park since 1994, your Premier League allstars not playing today, is that why you're down here? Great, that'll be £10".

"Oh, Hi Oldham fan, you bought the £40 shirt this season? Spent £100s on away trips already? Donated to PlayerShare? Great that'll be £20, cheers."

Best post ever !

Couldn't agree more. Even if this results in a net profit of 50p then it is 50p more than we had before, and if even only one fan comes (back) to us, then it was well worth it. We really are that desperately in need, sad to say.

What even if it put's two latics fans of going?

What even if it put's two latics fans of going?

Net profit is exactly that, after all consideratinons are taken into account.

As for your real point, about this scheme possibly driving existing attendees away, then really, I cannot understand what the hell they want to the club to do; they may as well then just fold now, and give up.

If you carry on that argument, you may as well go down the route of only having players who have never played for any other club, the manager is out on his ear, being a City legend. Any fans ever been to another club's games? They're out too!

Just when you thought you can't make it up, someone does!

Net profit is exactly that, after all consideratinons are taken into account.

As for your real point, about this scheme possibly driving existing attendees away, then really, I cannot understand what the hell they want to the club to do; they may as well then just fold now, and give up.

If you carry on that argument, you may as well go down the route of only having players who have never played for any other club, the manager is out on his ear, being a City legend. Any fans ever been to another club's games? They're out too!

Just when you thought you can't make it up, someone does!

OK pal

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2177393,00.html

Man City fans you lucky lucky buggers your season just gets better and better :lol:

WHAT THE F........

:shock:

Hope we go out of business soon so we can start anew - fresh and unsullied. Knock down a stand and then say the ground's crap because it's only got 3 sides, feign upset when some scrotes burn down the 'executive (ho ho)' seating, try to move us to within the shadow of that lot (so you can develop and finally get the hell out of the dreamtown you've found yourself in. Hearn complains they'll go out of business if big bad West Ham move in down the road while you move your sweet shop to the edge of the Tesco carpark out of your own volition) and then, and then, you do this - you sully sacred ground, you bend over and beg to be taken, you, you, you make me siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

TTFN :wink:

It's not a matter of slating the club but if you are going to go for initiatives, at least think about what you are trying to achieve. A 'one-off' initiative aimed at Manchester City season ticket holders - how is that going to gain new supporters or entice the stay-awayers? And what does that say to existing supporters being asked to pay full price when these one-offs are being allowed in at a reduced price?

The one thing you can say about the Latics is that we are consistent in our own-goal mentality.

I am not slating the club and when you think about it. It is not that bad of an idea, but there are so many better suggestions and initiatives they could of pick from than this.

But if it helps the club, then why not.

PD out?

Its success depends on how much City get behind it, if they publicise it on their website/in their programme then we might get a fair few along. If it's not publicised and just a few Latics fans telling their mates to come to the game then it will barely make a difference. Hopefully the club try and push City into letting their fans know about it though and hopefully they go along with it.

Whichever way, if we do get a few in it will only be a one off...I'm sure many will take the opportunity to embarrass themselves with anti-City songs.

Their money is as good as anyone else's.

Exactamundo!!!

Can't see this adding much to the gate.

But I still think its a good idea - I know quite a lot of people who support City but come and watch us from time to time. This offer may encourage them to come along.

And then there's also the fact that a lot of City fans have stated on various websites that they'll be rooting for us this season because of Dickov. Hopefully this offer will entice them to choose the Plymouth game.o