the season so far i player ratings & your first choice 11

Brill - unspectacular but solid. much better than last season but still worries me.......................7/10

Lee - very good. made right back his own. only critcism is i'd like to see him get forward more and put more crosses in - 8/10

Black - competent but not good enough to wear those boots. another Lomax/Griffin. PD knows this hence his signing of Evina - 5/10

Evina - looks like an Arsenal player going forward, doesn't defending. Could be very good. 5/10

Hazell - same old usually solid, sometimes worrying reuben. - 7/10

Gregan - PDs only dropped bollock. Hope he comes back after the loan. Not played enough for my liking or for a rating

M'Voto - very impressed. Big, no nonsense, does what it says on the tin defender. Can't pass to save his life but it doesn't matter. And throwing him upfront when chasing a winner/equalizer will pay off in spades between now and the end of the season - 8/10

Jarrett - ok. His passing from the back has given us another dimension. Don't see what he goves us that Gregan wouldn't other than a lower wage - 6/10

Smalley - get rid 0/10

Jones - good signing. Done a job on the wing(s). I'd like to see him centre mid or behind the front 2 as I think he has goals in him - 7/10

Stephens - blown hot and cold, mainly cold it seems now. I'd definitely take a decent offer for him as he's too inconsistent - 6/10

Furman - a revelation. Looking as complete as a midfielder can be at this level - 9/10

Taylor - massive improvement, on the way back to his best. Liking him upfront or just off the main striker. I think a free role might be worth a try too - 8/10

Allessandra - again, a revelation compared to last season. Messes about with it a bit much for my liking but we look a better team with him in. 7.5/10

Tounkara - very impressed. A "forward" as opposed to a striker in my eyes. I wish he had more goals in him but if he did he wouldn't be here. A decent poacher could have a beano alongside him - 8/10

Feeney - thought he was a great signing but he's been an enormous disappointment. - 3/10

Kelly - love his enthusiasm and workrate. Once he gets that first (allowed) goal I think the floodgates could open and he could be the one to partner The Chin. - 6/10

Brooke - not seen much of him. If he's got the eye for goal we're told he has he should fill his boots given a go alongside The Chin

Bembo Leta - we looked better with him in the team but another non scoring striker. 7/10

Dickov - a breath of fresh air. He's come into the job in the certain knowledge that decent football fans will always back a manager who sends a team out giving 100% and trying to win every game and that's what we've seen. 8/10

I think we can go up if we find a goalscring striker but will happily settle for top 10 having seen a season of effort, endeavour and entertainment.

My 11

Brill

Lee Gregan M'Voto Evina

Jones/Taylor Furman Allessandra

Taylor/Jones

Tounkara Kelly

Pretty much spot on for me. one or two I would go a mark down/up but wont pick for the point of it.

Enjoyed myself so far this season, and feel like im watching a team that i know weather we play great or :censored:e will try and go for it which is all i can ask for.

I'd give it a whirl with:

.............................Brill..............................

.....Lee.......Hazell........M'Voto.........Evina.....

.Jones...Jarrett or Christophe...Furman..Black.

...........................Taylor............................

.........................Tounkara.........................

Subs: Gerrard, Jarrett or Christophe, Alessandra, Stephens, Brooke, Dickov, Kelly

No Stephens? :shock:

That's why Dickov is the manager! Even when Stephens isn't playing to his best he can still and often is a huge danger to the opposition.

I just think that Stephens needs a break, not dropping permanently, and give him a chance to shine off the bench. He has underachieved of late and only did well in fits & starts yesterday. Don't get me wrong, he is a big talent and we know he can be a match winner, but he's not at the moment and a lot of his set piece delivery is poor. Players often come back better after a game or two out of the side, so with Jarrett & Christophe available, why not give it a try?

Just a suggestion, like.