Purdie to Hereford?

Found the below post on the football forums league one page

"This doesnt deserve it's own thread so shall just stick it in here.

Oldham fans, Rob Purdie apparently played for our (Herefords) reserves today and so may be on his way back here, is quite believable seeing as he;s on the transfer list.

Anyone heard anything about this at your end?"

Found the below post on the football forums league one page

"This doesnt deserve it's own thread so shall just stick it in here.

Oldham fans, Rob Purdie apparently played for our (Herefords) reserves today and so may be on his way back here, is quite believable seeing as he;s on the transfer list.

Anyone heard anything about this at your end?"

:deal2::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

:blink:that the Clegg who played 46 times for us ?

Beat me to it Razza; was just about to post up something similar. Clegg was a pretty decent RB for our level; far better an option IMO than some of the players we've seen in that role over recent seasons - a Lomax or Holden (or any of the dross on loan; Seb Hines anyone?). He’s much maligned on here; but under the caretaker management of Shez / Eyresy & TP; he played some super stuff and looked really good. Talberk didn’t like him and he was paid up. But he’s not anywhere near as bad as some make out on here.

Back on topic re: Purdie – whilst I hope it’s true (fresh start for him / much needed waste of a wage of the books for us) at present I can’t see it as Hereford don’t even have a manager in place; they’re being ‘looked after’ by their physio – so i doubt they’re in a position to be bringing in players.

Edited by slystallone

Beat me to it Razza; was just about to post up something similar. Clegg was a pretty decent RB for our level; far better an option IMO than some of the players we've seen in that role over recent seasons - a Lomax or Holden (or any of the dross on loan; Seb Hines anyone?). He’s much maligned on here; but under the caretaker management of Shez / Eyresy & TP; he played some super stuff and looked really good. Talberk didn’t like him and he was paid up. But he’s not anywhere near as bad as some make out on here.

Back on topic re: Purdie – whilst I hope it’s true (fresh start for him / much needed waste of a wage of the books for us) at present I can’t see it as Hereford don’t even have a manager in place; they’re being ‘looked after’ by their physio – so i doubt they’re in a position to be bringing in players.

+1

some people on here think he is the anti christ

:shock:

I aint knocking what you said mate but it just shows how much opinions differ in football because I thought Clegg was gash. Never in a month of Sundays was he a more accomplished right back than Holden (who wasn't that good either), although he was worth 5 or 6 Lomax's IMO! Although like I said its all about opinions and you are just as entitled to yours!

:shock:

I aint knocking what you said mate but it just shows how much opinions differ in football because I thought Clegg was gash. Never in a month of Sundays was he a more accomplished right back than Holden (who wasn't that good either), although he was worth 5 or 6 Lomax's IMO! Although like I said its all about opinions and you are just as entitled to yours!

Like you say; it’s all about opinions isn’t it? MaskedOwl +1’d with me; you and Zorro disagree. You say tomato; I say toma.....and all that. One man’s favourite player is another’s duck-egg.......

The one constant we seem to agree with is that Lomax is to$$!! :wink:

Like you say; it’s all about opinions isn’t it? MaskedOwl +1’d with me; you and Zorro disagree. You say tomato; I say toma.....and all that. One man’s favourite player is another’s duck-egg.......

The one constant we seem to agree with is that Lomax is to$$!! :wink:

Lomax is a right back. 99% of his bad games are from left back. He's limited, but we've had worse.

No, no, Clegg was actually :censored:. Just because he was less :censored: than some really :censored: players doesn't mean he wasn't :censored:.

thats a fair point but based on that logic every player in our squad is :censored: and every player we have had for over a decade is :censored:. if they wernt :censored: they wouldnt be playing for us would they they would be playin in the prem

thats a fair point but based on that logic every player in our squad is :censored: and every player we have had for over a decade is :censored:. if they wernt :censored: they wouldnt be playing for us would they they would be playin in the prem

just shows that we have had quite a lot of to55 players!!!

Like Neal Eardley you mean? :detectivegm0:

So you need to be in the prem or you are a sh** player??

Saying that everyone who is not in the prem is sh** is equally as illogical as saying Clegg was good because he was better than worse players

far better an option IMO than some of the players we've seen in that role over recent seasons - a Lomax or Holden

Dean Holden was amazing. Anyone who thinks different should be told they are a very naughty boy, and be made to go to bed without xbox.

Legend amongst men.

Dean Holden was amazing. Anyone who thinks different should be told they are a very naughty boy, and be made to go to bed without xbox.

Legend amongst men.

Dean Holden was indeed a legend. For all his faults he was a good mate of my brother's and used to get me loads of free tickets, even for the odd away game. Pity he left 'cos I had to buy a season ticket again :grin: